Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 12:07am

Any opinion on a good high ROF(800+) Carbine with some mid-range. I have tried ACW-r but I does not work well beyond 30m. MTar is not bad if you run HBar with Angle/Folding grip. SG553 Seem to be a black sheep but a more controllable than ACW-R.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 12:38am

Any opinion on a good high ROF(800+) Carbine with some mid-range. I have tried ACW-r but I does not work well beyond 30m. MTar is not bad if you run HBar with Angle/Folding grip. SG553 Seem to be a black sheep but a more controllable than ACW-R.

Have you tried the M4? Its literally the only carbine left over 800 RPM that you haven't mentioned.

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 12:45am

Erm.

The MTAR is WORSE than the ACW-R at ranges beyond 30m. Horrible base ADS spread (almost as bad as PDWs'), 2.8x FSM that's almost as bad as the AEK's, 0.1 degrees of extra h-recoil. It has 18 minimum damage which would seem to be a redeeming factor, until you realise that it's got that 25% larger standing ADS spread.

The only thing better about the SG553 is its slightly higher degree of controllability because of lower RoF and FSM. Which is offset by its horrible h-recoil.

You could consider the M4 if you're looking to engage mostly at medium distances, if you can stomach burst mode.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 12:51am

Have you tried the M4? Its literally the only carbine left over 800 RPM that you haven't mentioned.
I have not put a lot of time into it. The recoil seem higher compared to the BF3 version. My brother-in-law likes it with HBar, Angle, and ACog

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 1:01am

How About the Ace 52? Would that be a downgrade or an upgrade? I know that it has an higher spread increase and upward recoil.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 1:37am

How About the Ace 52? Would that be a downgrade or an upgrade? I know that it has an higher spread increase and upward recoil.

Check out the brute-force thread. Just like SCAR-H, Ace 52 is a statistically superior gun when compared against other carbines and competitive even in the big scheme of matters. It is then another issue whether a given player is able to use it to its full potential.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 4:17pm

if you can stomach burst mode.

Burst mode is easier to stomach than stupid amounts of recoil, especially on console.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, January 24th 2014, 8:34am

Any PS4 players (or any other console players in general, I guess) try the ACE 21/52 with an AG and HBar yet? If so, do you think the HBar is worth using, or should I stick to a Flash Hider/Suppressor?

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, January 24th 2014, 10:23am

Any PS4 players (or any other console players in general, I guess) try the ACE 21/52 with an AG and HBar yet? If so, do you think the HBar is worth using, or should I stick to a Flash Hider/Suppressor?
I use the ACE 21 alot with Flash Hider and Angled Grip. Feels solid for me. :)

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, January 27th 2014, 5:20am

Turns out the vertical recoil on the first shot with Angled/Folding Grip and Heavy Barrel on the 21 is only higher by a minuscule amount compared to Ergo and Flash Hider at the expense of more vertical recoil overall (.72 with Ergo and Flash Hider vs. .7236 with AG and HBar).

I guess all I need, then, is a bit of practice with controlling the bronco's buck and then I'll be golden. Then again, carbines aren't really meant for longer ranges, so is this really worth it (seems like a silly question, but i'm serious here)?