Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 3:25pm

I can't really decide between stubby and AG for the MTAR. Improving full auto or improving bursts, thoughts?

From my experience, Angled Grip > Stubby, mainly 'cause the MTAR is a weapon that you shouldn't be full-auto- ing at any range except point blank, where the benefits of the stubby don't matter much. It also depends on whether you are running a compensator or not, as stubby counters the compensator's spread increase.
For me though, AG+none/Suppressor works absolutely fine.
I always use suppressors on carbines. Do you always burst in short bursts (~3 bullets), or longer if they are closer?

On the high rpm weapons, its definitely a bit more difficult to control the burst length :p , but I generally aim for - 3-4 shots at mid+ range, 6-7 shots at close-mid range and full auto indoors/point blank.

The MTAR has a burst mode, so you don't really need an angled grip for long range shooting, just put it on burst and enjoy the delayed FSM :)
bob

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 5:44pm

While what said here is true, I would still say that use burst mode IF you are confident you can reach at least 700rpm with it. Otherwise, you are just making the gun harder to use if you're getting like 600rpm (that's what happened with me at least).
That being said, I might as well be a noob with the AKU - if you wanna use it, just master the trigger-spam because alt the end of the day, 750rpm > 680rpm. Always.

Can you bind the fire button to mouse wheel and spam the shit out of it in BF4?

You won't need to. I dunno, personally I find it pretty easy to click at the right rate with minimal practice, just from the sound cues. From my calculations you should be clicking every 240ms or about 4 times per second. It's nothing like trying to hit 1200 RPM with BF3's AN-94 (10 clicks per second).

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 9:55pm

A91 buff when. 800 RPM bullpup sounds lovely, but dear lord that awful recoil.

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 9:23am

While what said here is true, I would still say that use burst mode IF you are confident you can reach at least 700rpm with it. Otherwise, you are just making the gun harder to use if you're getting like 600rpm (that's what happened with me at least).
That being said, I might as well be a noob with the AKU - if you wanna use it, just master the trigger-spam because alt the end of the day, 750rpm > 680rpm. Always.

Can you bind the fire button to mouse wheel and spam the shit out of it in BF4?

You won't need to. I dunno, personally I find it pretty easy to click at the right rate with minimal practice, just from the sound cues. From my calculations you should be clicking every 240ms or about 4 times per second. It's nothing like trying to hit 1200 RPM with BF3's AN-94 (10 clicks per second).

I know. I did a quick test online after posting that and I easily reached 50 clicks in 10 seconds (how long the test ran for). So it's quite doable, although in actual practice you might time them incorrectly until you get the muscle memory.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 10:06am

Quick feeling based note :
AK 5C in full auto : My personnal favorite ^^
Taptap to fire 2 bullets at a time for precise long ranges (Longest HS made by me is 131m, with this weapon ^^)
Full auto is nice for CQB, and any way between long and close range I adapt the duration of my bursts with ease ^^
RDS+Ergo, no barrel, no secondary, works perfectly. Just unlocked the HBar, will try it ^^
I dropped the LS because it gives your position away, and for longer ranges it means peoples can see it and move.
Made my best games since BF4 is out last night with it, trully appreciable performances.

I'll now only use MTar+RDS+Sil+Ergo+LS and AK5C+RDS+none(maybe HBar)+none on Engi and Support. Will probably use it on Recon ^^
I picked the AK5C over the AKU12 because to use the AKU12 to full efficiency you have to switch it to bursts, and that tend to make me do mistakes and I die miserably.

This is off topic, but any hint of a good AK5C counterpart in ARs category ? One that may stick to my playstyle. (I already use AEK as MTAR couterpart) I can't use the AK12 efficiently for the same reason than for the AKU12.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 11:29am

This is off topic, but any hint of a good AK5C counterpart in ARs category ? One that may stick to my playstyle. (I already use AEK as MTAR couterpart) I can't use the AK12 efficiently for the same reason than for the AKU12.
The AUGA3 has a similar rate of fire and muzzle velocity, although it's recoil pattern's quite different (lower v-recoil but higher FSM, more side-to-side recoil; nothing the angled grip can't fix); it's an excellent candidate for the heavy barrel as well. I like it lots but then I'm a bit mental.
Sincerely, Kaiser Wilhelm II

Date of registration
: Dec 17th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 11:39am

What do you guys think of the m4? After several ak5c service stars I tried out the mtar21 for a while and it was nice but lacking in mid-long range precision. Now leveling up my m4 and liking its accuracy a lot. It might not be amazing up close but that's what secondary shotty is for, imo.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 1:16pm

Is it just me or isn't the SG553 basically flat out worse than the ACW-R?

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 1:29pm

It's supposed to be a bit more controllable than the ACW-R, but I just don't seem to be able to hit anything with it. Statistically the ACW-R's just better at most things.
Sincerely, Kaiser Wilhelm II

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "KaiserWilhelm" (Dec 19th 2013, 2:32pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 19th 2013, 2:04pm

The only thing that may save it is that it has burst mode. Thats about it. Honestly they shouldve given it the faster reload of the 2, but oh well.