Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, December 15th 2013, 12:59am

I can't really decide between stubby and AG for the MTAR. Improving full auto or improving bursts, thoughts?

From my experience, Angled Grip > Stubby, mainly 'cause the MTAR is a weapon that you shouldn't be full-auto- ing at any range except point blank, where the benefits of the stubby don't matter much. It also depends on whether you are running a compensator or not, as stubby counters the compensator's spread increase.
For me though, AG+none/Suppressor works absolutely fine.
I always use suppressors on carbines. Do you always burst in short bursts (~3 bullets), or longer if they are closer?

On the high rpm weapons, its definitely a bit more difficult to control the burst length :p , but I generally aim for - 3-4 shots at mid+ range, 6-7 shots at close-mid range and full auto indoors/point blank.

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 17th 2013, 9:59pm

I am trying to use the AKU 12 but I don't know if it's truly beneficial to use it on burst (750 rpm) or to just leave it on full auto.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, December 17th 2013, 10:28pm

I am trying to use the AKU 12 but I don't know if it's truly beneficial to use it on burst (750 rpm) or to just leave it on full auto.

The burst is supergood for a few key reasons:

- 750 RPM while having the lowest total h-recoil in the class
- 750 RPM while having - as far as we know - the spread increase of a 680 RPM gun (0.088 instead of 0.098)

Since the v-recoil is also lowest in class, run a heavy barrel on it and it will spit some very tight patterns.

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 2:05pm

- 750 RPM while having - as far as we know - the spread increase of a 680 RPM gun (0.088 instead of 0.098)

Since the v-recoil is also lowest in class, run a heavy barrel on it and it will spit some very tight patterns.

While what said here is true, I would still say that use burst mode IF you are confident you can reach at least 700rpm with it. Otherwise, you are just making the gun harder to use if you're getting like 600rpm (that's what happened with me at least).
That being said, I might as well be a noob with the AKU - if you wanna use it, just master the trigger-spam because alt the end of the day, 750rpm > 680rpm. Always.

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 2:36pm

Back to carbines... I had played a lot previously with ACE 52, AK-5C. Then I got to ACE 23 and I found it okay but it didn't shine anywhere. Now I'm using the ACW-R and ... oh boy, what a beast gun. Just needs some taiming for longer ranges
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 2:39pm

While what said here is true, I would still say that use burst mode IF you are confident you can reach at least 700rpm with it. Otherwise, you are just making the gun harder to use if you're getting like 600rpm (that's what happened with me at least).
That being said, I might as well be a noob with the AKU - if you wanna use it, just master the trigger-spam because alt the end of the day, 750rpm > 680rpm. Always.

Can you bind the fire button to mouse wheel and spam the shit out of it in BF4?

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 2:43pm

Can you bind the fire button to mouse wheel and spam the shit out of it in BF4?

Considering how 'jamming works' in BF4 (ie. burst fire weapons don't fire when they're still firing), that might not do it any good. Mind you, I haven't tested it yet.
Sincerely, Kaiser Wilhelm II

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 2:54pm

Gave the M4 another chance after not liking it that much before. It's a good gun, but I still don't see any reason to use it over the AKU-12. It's just outclassed.

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 3:00pm

Back to carbines... I had played a lot previously with ACE 52, AK-5C. Then I got to ACE 23 and I found it okay but it didn't shine anywhere. Now I'm using the ACW-R and ... oh boy, what a beast gun. Just needs some taiming for longer ranges
You mean the ACE 21?
I think its good at everything but at nothing the best. Its just a versatile weapon like the M4a1 was in BF3. :)

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 18th 2013, 3:01pm

Wops, yeah 21.
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky