Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

malazan

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 10:57pm

Anyone else using DMR??

So I feel like I am the only person using the DMR. If you are using it what your thoughts?

Not really happy about how it is unlocked. But an very happy about how accurate it seems to be.

Really needs a Holo sight. Hopefully the MK11 will have better irons. The canted sights are meh. Also have you noticed the slight scope.sway on the 4x scope?

Date of registration
: Jun 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 11:01pm

PLD to sight in on people then Mk11 iron sighted headshots all day erry day.
Mk11 irons are same as the ACR, both in bf3 and bf4.

• "tinynerdude" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 11:17pm

What ?... No their not.

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 11:58pm

Yeah I'm finding the first DMR really lacklustre, I'm only persevering with it to try the second.

NIce to get the chance to try out canted ironsights + 4x mechanic though

Date of registration
: Oct 1st 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 12:33am

DMRs were the first thing that I unlocked in the BF4 Beta. I grinded my way with the bolt actions until I got the RFB, used that until I got the MK11. Like you, it really seems like nobody else uses the DMRs, but I'm gonna assume that that's because 1 - it's only the 2nd day of the beta, 2 - you need to grind a LOT with the recon class/bolt actions before you can unlock them.

As for the DMRs themselves, it seems like DICE decided to SKS-ify all of them. Both the RFB and the MK11 feel like the SKS from BF3, needing 3 shots to kill in close range and 4 at most for long ranges. The DMRs, strangely enough, seem to be best at medium ranges: they don't have the ROF required to be used in CQC, and they aren't accurate enough for long range until you get the heavy barrel. The Angled FG is super OP on the DMRs, since it reduces ALL of your recoil by 33% (since every shot is a 1st shot), and is a must-have no matter what role you intent to play the DMRs with. I forsee the HB and Angled FG being mandatory attachments for any player who seriously wants to use the DMRs in their designed role as a longer-range weapon.

I'm a bit bummed that the damage on the DMRs has been nerfed compared to BF3, but if they are able to perform at a level like the BF3 SKS, I won't be complaining. Though it should be interesting to see what kind of damage model they have for the BF4 SKS, which is rated as being lower than all of the others. Right now however, the DMRs seem pretty underwhelming compared to the other weapons.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vintar" (Oct 3rd 2013, 1:29am)

Date of registration
: Jun 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 12:54am

What ?... No their not.
Yes they are? The BF4 Mk11 has different BUI sights than the bf3 one, same sights used on the ACW-R.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 12:56am

DMRs were the first thing that I unlocked in the BF4 Beta. I grinded my way with the bolt actions until I got the RFB, used that until I got the MK11. Like you, it really seems like nobody else uses the DMRs, but I'm gonna assume that that's because 1 - it's only the 2nd day of the beta, 2 - you need to grind a LOT with the recon class/bolt actions before you can unlock them.

As for the DMRs themselves, it seems like DICE decided to SKS-ify all of them. Both the RFB and the MK11 feel like the SKS from BF3, needing 3 shots to kill in close range and 4 at most for long ranges. The DMRs, strangely enough, seem to be best at medium ranges: they don't have the ROF required to be used in CQC, and they aren't accurate enough for long range until you get the heavy barrel. The Angled FG is super OP on the DMRs, since it reduces ALL of your recoil by 33% (since every shot is a 1st shot), and is a must-have no matter what role you intent to play the DMRs with. I forsee the HB and Angled FG being mandatory attachments for any player who seriously wants to use the DMRs in their designed role as a longer-range weapon.

I'm a bit bummed that the damage on the DMRs has been nerfed compared to BF3, but if they are able to perform at a level like the BF3 SKS, I won't be complaining. Though it should be interesting to see what kind of damage model they have for the BF4 SKS, which is rated as being lower than all of the others.

Same here. I unlocked these weapons first because I was interested to see how they perform. I agree that they're SKS-y in some ways, but unfortunately I don't think it works out in their favor at this point in the beta.

The 20 round mag is great, the reduced power is not. Unfortunately their effective fire-rate and recoil by my estimation are respectively slower and larger than BF3's SKS, closer to the MK11/SVD of bf3 (or at least the M417). I'm also finding that with the lackluster FPS I'm seeing (~33-40fps), target re-acquisition and precise aiming to be significantly more difficult, and it really hurts with these weapons where precision is key. Trying to land your fourth shot on a target running around like a madman under these conditions is challenging to say the least.

Putting all that together, I've had a pretty hard time being particularly effective with either the RFB or the MK11 so far. I've had good runs with both, but plenty of failures to go along with those streaks.

As a result, when I started to toy around more with guns like the AK5C and AK12, it felt like easy mode in comparison.

Edit: I should add that the angled foregrip does help a lot, the firing sounds for both RFB and MK11 are awesome, as are the little wisps of smoke that rise from the muzzle.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "graedus" (Oct 3rd 2013, 1:09am)

Date of registration
: Sep 23rd 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 1:13am

I'm a bit bummed that the damage on the DMRs has been nerfed compared to BF3, but if they are able to perform at a level like the BF3 SKS, I won't be complaining. Though it should be interesting to see what kind of damage model they have for the BF4 SKS, which is rated as being lower than all of the others.
Thanks for posting. I haven't unlocked them yet, but I was worried that they would function like the recon weapons in Bf3. This sounds really good because it matches a more 'realistic' damage model. It always bugged me that the EMR did so much more damage (and recoil) than the G3, while firing the same round through a similar barrel length.

If anything, the DMR's should just be single shot, accurized battle rifles.

Date of registration
: Oct 1st 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 1:24am

Same here. I unlocked these weapons first because I was interested to see how they perform. I agree that they're SKS-y in some ways, but unfortunately I don't think it works out in their favor at this point in the beta.

The 20 round mag is great, the reduced power is not. Unfortunately their effective fire-rate and recoil by my estimation are respectively slower and larger than BF3's SKS, closer to the MK11/SVD of bf3 (or at least the M417). I'm also finding that with the lackluster FPS I'm seeing (~33-40fps), target re-acquisition and precise aiming to be significantly more difficult, and it really hurts with these weapons where precision is key. Trying to land your fourth shot on a target running around like a madman under these conditions is challenging to say the least.

Putting all that together, I've had a pretty hard time being particularly effective with either the RFB or the MK11 so far. I've had good runs with both, but plenty of failures to go along with those streaks.

As a result, when I started to toy around more with guns like the AK5C and AK12, it felt like easy mode in comparison.
I'd have to say that you're pretty right about the BF4 DMRs performing worse than the BF3 SKS. The problem is that the RFB/MK11 don't have the ROF that the SKS has, has higher recoil than the SKS, has lower accuracy than the SKS, and the damage is only equal to the SKS at something like 40-27. In comparison to other guns, which seem similar in performance to BF3, DICE is doing a really poor job at making the DMRs worth using.

Just as an example, the SCAR-H is fully automatic at 620 RPM and does 33-25 damage, which means it is a 3-4 hit kill at any range. What incentive do I have to take the MK11 over the SCAR-H? Assuming that both can be equipped with the same attachments, all I would be doing is gimping myself in close/medium range. The SCAR-H is automatic, has lower recoil, similar or better spread, and the exact same damage.

I think that if DICE actually wants to make the DMRs a viable pick as a primary weapon, they need to buff them in some shape or form. Possibly making them a 3-3 shot kill (instead of 3-4 shot kill). Or increasing their base accuracy so that HB isn't a required attachment for it to be simply viable? All I know is that something needs to be done about them.

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 1:31am

Currently in the process of unlocking them, picked up an RFB and actually really liked it, i'll see if my opinion changes as I use them more.