Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "dadkor" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 14th 2018

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, May 14th 2018, 11:53am

Statistic error ?

Hi ;)

I'll do my best for explain my point of view, but english is not my main language ^^

I read a lot about grip and for example i see the angled grip give you :

20% less first shot recoil addition
- 34 % slower spread decrease

BF4: Angled / Folding Grip | Attachment stats | Symthic

So, normally, if i don't use grip, i can have the advantage of spread decrease :

But here, i don't see see any advantage of AK5C (without grip) than AK5C (angled grip)

AK 5C vs AK 5C (Attachments) | BF4 Weapon Attachment Comparison | Symthic

Why it's not mentioned ? ?(

Thanks =)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, May 14th 2018, 5:38pm

The "Simple comparison" page you are using does not compare all stats, only the most effective ones to keep it tidy/simpler (it is debatable what is meaningful and what is not).

If you look at the similar comparison in "Multi comparison" page you can see the worse spread reduction on the naked AK5C.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 11:24am

Thx for your answer ;

Effectively, we could debatable about this subject.
I like to use burst when i'm shooting.

If i want to get the least possible spread, what is the most important :

horizontal recoil
spread decrease per second

ads spread

This comparison is interesting :

BF4: AK 5C vs AK 5C | BF4 Multi-Weapon Comparison | Symthic

ADS - Moving0.550.8
HIP - Stand - Moving2.452.5

HIP - Crouch - Moving1.92

HIP - Prone - Moving1.351.5

Spread Decrease8.38212.7

Actually, i try to play without grip for get the greatest value of spread decrease, but theoretically, if i strafe, my spread ll be better with ergo grip ? ?(
Or the value of spread decrease is more important ?

Thx

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 8:27pm

@dadkor

Higher spread decrease allows you fire more accurate bursts faster (less time between bursts).

Overall using Ergo/Vertical is more beneficial as you have tighter spread on first shots. It has been a while since I last time saw discussion of BF4 grips.

Depending on how accurate you are with timing of your bursts the spread decrease may not have that much effect: With AK5C it takes ~70ms to go back to min spread after 10 shots ( \( \frac{0.09 \cdot 10}{12.7} \approx 0.070 \) ) without grip. With the ergo/vertical it takes ~107ms ( \( \frac{0.09 \cdot 10}{8.38} \approx 0.107 \) ). Considering one would rather burst with 3-5 shots rather than 10, the difference starts to become rather negligible. Spread mechanics are listed here.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Friday, May 18th 2018, 11:53am

Thx for your information ;)

I had read that it was useful especially if u strafe when you are shooting.

I tried to play with the different grips, to see with which I was the most accurate. The ergo grip gave me the most satisfaction. But currently, playing with weapons at the average rate of fire (650/750), the recoil of the weapon is not a problem, and I get better results by playing without a grip. It may depend on weapons.

Did u try to play without grip ?