Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 1:20am

At what shot with say an m416, ace, aek, famas would the spread from the compensator make you miss more shots then the horizontal recoil?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 12:44pm

@youngGod16

Please do not double post unless you have very good reason to, besides your question sounds more like thing for "quick questions" section.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

• "angrynun" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, April 15th 2017, 10:36pm

Assuming prefect vertical recoil control and FSM control. which is impossible but doesnt really matter since we arent looking at vert recoil.
Only comp vs nothing
M416 is after the 4th shot
Ace 23 after the 3rd shot
AEK is after the 4th shot
Famas is about the same but thats bc of its high recoil and spread. You can put whatever you want on the famas it wont help or hurt it.
Comp stubby vs nothing
add 2 bullets to your burst length which you shouldnt do anyway bc if the spread dec time increase.
Just stubby vs nothing
they are all more accurate than nothing
Comp stubby vs stubby
after the first 3 shots stubby wins out

AKA if you are just going to mag dump like an idiot then run stubby
But to be honest a 1% difference between the stubby and the ergo isnt enough to justify not using the ergo for the moving spread benefits.
comp is for accurate headshot bursts.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "angrynun" (Apr 21st 2017, 5:59pm)

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, April 20th 2017, 8:39am

Wow im very impressed. But i meant stubby nothing vs comp stubby.

Im gonna go ahead and say no compensator is best except on famas, cz3a1, sg553.
Havent tried it on acr, mtar, a91....
But i can say i have used both stubby and stubby/comp on aek, m416, ace 23, scar h....
And stubby only feels more accurate. Especially scar h.
And... its recommended stubby/comp on f2000.....its way more accurate with stubby/heavybarrel! Try it out trust me.
Happy hunting :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "youngGod16" (Apr 21st 2017, 7:51am)

• "angrynun" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, April 21st 2017, 5:58pm

My bad I meant to type comp stubby vs stubby