Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "angrynun" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 7:43pm

Comp angled is by far the better choice for most of those guns. More so if you burst correctly. Long bursts are terrible at range and thus youll have a lot of FSM to deal with. Comp is to make the gun more reliable in close quarters. The CZ 805 or the AR 160 is a CQB beast with that setup so long as you hit one of your first 2 or 3 shots as a headshot and kill with in 4 or 5 bullets.
If you have a high rate of fire gun and you rely on the shear output then you arent going to be going for range any way and you should not give up the ability to strafe and shoot accurately. After all its about how many bullets you can make the other guy miss not how many you can land that is unless you can aim. TTK is heavily dependent on the range, your play style and technical aiming ability. If you suck at aiming then yes put on a stubby bc you are going to need it. otherwise make the gun easier to use at whatever range you intend on playing at. Scar H is better with comp angled bc it becomes possible to land those first two bullets as head shots. If you cant hit head shots with the scar h then ergo bc if you cant kill someone with the scar h by the time the stubby becomes relevant then you should already be dead.

Long story short if you can aim comp angled bc it becomes possible to go for head shots reliably. if not ergo. H bar is dumb unless you are just going to spray and pray in which case put on a damn ergo too bc youll want to have the mindset of Ill win the fire fight if I can make them miss more bullets.

Carbines are only good at CQB nothing else. So use an LMG or a PDW. Fuck recon just use a G18 or some other bullet hose carbine

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 9:30pm

Wut?

BF4 is so old and painfully re evaluated and there are still such things coming up like comp+angled ?

How about you use a gun like the Groza-1 more extensively. I love this gun and it has a built in comp+angled, BUT it really needs a stubby grip. That spread increase, holy shit.

The gun would be a lot worse with an Ergo instead of Angled honestly. As the spread increase is so strong, at least the gun doesnt throw another hindrance at you by making the inevitable bursting less of an issue.

The horizontal recoil and lackluster basespread gives it a bad range performance any way, the comp+angled doesnt give it any edge. in that regard.

Therefore I would like a stubby grip at least.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 9:51pm

....you cant change the attachments on the groza-1....
Yes it has a lot of spread increase bc it has a built in vertical grip and a comp. Duh. Go put that combo on any gun and you will have a shitty time with spread increase.
but again burst at range and like I said carbines are CQB only in which case use a better carbine or use a PDW.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 9:58pm

....you cant change the attachments on the groza-1....
Yes it has a lot of spread increase bc it has a built in vertical grip and a comp. Duh. Go put that combo on any gun and you will have a shitty time with spread increase.
but again burst at range and like I said carbines are CQB only in which case use a better carbine or use a PDW.

While the loadout page states vertical grip + comp the Groza 1 actually has an angled grip and compensator permanently affixed, much in the same way that the MP7 isn't rocking a folding grip, but an ergo grip stats-wise. That's sad, because with an ergo grip it would make an excellent hipfire carbine. The sips and h recoil already make longer ranges impractical, so the AFG is just wasted in my opinion.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 3
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield Hardline

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 10:22pm

Dont use angled grip. Muzzlebrakes and angled grips can be compensated for by pulling down, up to 99% perfectly making them useless. I think the mans right ergo only is amazing. My big question is what ranges is the compensator really gonna benifit the user, burst or full auto.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 10:41pm

Again its a terrible carbine with terrible stats that make it unusable in most cases. After looking at the stats I sure hope its not an angled grip bc the FSM is 2.1. What is it with out 2.625?
Again the only attachments you could hope to do well on it are comp angled to reduce the FSM and H recoil which is already bad with one on it or just ergo. Its not a ranged gun so you might as well do one of two things.
make the first few shots supper accurate bc you have good aim or hope that you can make the other guy miss by moving and shooting with just an ergo

it isnt possible to compensate for FSM and recoil its non linear. The closer you can get to having a linear pull the better you can land earlier shots which means you take less damage bc you killed the other guy faster.

You dont want to auto ever in BF4. Ever. Comp only makes head shots more constant as further ranges which is still close quarters, say 10 meters vs 15 meters. You dont use a comp for long range and you dont use it for full auto. It just adds a few meters to your ability to hit something and increases the chance for a headshot in the first burst.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "angrynun" (Apr 11th 2017, 10:52pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 11:15pm

You dont use a comp for long range and you dont use it for full auto. It just adds a few meters to your ability to hit something and increases the chance for a headshot in the first burst.

I agree. But for 10-15m I prefer my quickness of reaction through hipfire instead of ads accuracy.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 3
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield Hardline

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 11:22pm

You dont have that option with a lot of guns. Scar h, CZ 805, AR 160 ect. You can get away with it with some guns but dont tell me that ads 5-6 bullets, which can be reduced to 2, is slower than hipfire which takes more likely 10 to 12 to kill.

My point is if you cant aim go ergo bc then your goal should be to make the other guy miss by moving. If you are moving then you should have the ergo.
If you can aim then comp angled to make that first burst as accurate as possible to reduce the bullets that you fire reducing ttk.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, April 12th 2017, 5:53pm

You never go full auto in BF4 - correct

But you want the burst to be as long as possible and only as short as needed to gain maximum dps

stubby grip is exactly for that.

I raised the Groza-1 just because it has a built in Comp+Angled and it doesnt save it. Ofc it's a terrible carbine, because the base stats had to be balanced by its ROF and damage. Still I would pick a stubby over an angled grip.

That being said: Your last statement "if you can aim then comp angled to make that first burst as accurate as possible" has its merit. It's unfortunately not that universal, but more of a beginners approach to a new weapon. Once comfortable enough, stubby+comp yields better results.
still playin' Motorstorm

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, April 13th 2017, 7:02am

Agreed

Yay this thread made us understand the compensator is BAD, unless bursting/fullautoing at closer ranges or going for headshots, meaning your already accurate. Unfixed says he goes for body shots. Anyways......... there definately a range at which full auto fire is prefered. Id say up to 20 meters with some weapons. Idk .

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "youngGod16" (Apr 15th 2017, 12:44am)