Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "angrynun" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 7:00pm

0.660000026226 that's obnoxious.
So gun sway is spread?

Also whats the difference between moving and sprinting dispersion. Is that shooting right after coming out of a sprint?

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 8:04pm

Back in the day when I cared deeply what attachments to use on a gun I went to test range and figured out stubby/empty works best for me. On almost all weapons. Either that or no attachments at all. Or ergo on CZ3A1 for instance. So, yeah, people run with what works best for them. Shooting in longer bursts is what I do often while flanking, switching targets, naturally, stubby helps with spread there. Or I think it does :D. I'll admit it puzzled me why people strap on muzzle break and angled grip on things like ace 21, until I started checking their stats and saw that they simply can't hit a barn at 20 meters. With (say) 12% accuracy they see it as the only option to stay relevant on the battlefield.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 11:18pm

0.660000026226 that's obnoxious.
So gun sway is spread?

Also whats the difference between moving and sprinting dispersion. Is that shooting right after coming out of a sprint?

The "obnoxious" number is simply an issue with floating point precision. It's really just 0.66.

Gunsway is the name for the collection of values that govern recoil and spread.

Sprinting dispersion is applie when you are in the sprinting state. Moving dispersion is moving but not sprinting.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 7th 2017, 1:10am

So after spending like 10 mins writing something I realized that they call the ergo grip a Grip_MovingDispersion and the stubby a Grip_SprintRecovery bc that makes sense

Also the TargetPointer which Im guessing is the target detector actually reduces hip fire spread

All these values are multiplied to the guns base stats correct?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "angrynun" (Apr 7th 2017, 1:28am)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 7th 2017, 1:25am

You are looking at the Stubby/Potato grip.

It used to increase your SDEC which is why it is called Grip_SprintRecovery.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, April 7th 2017, 1:31am

You are looking at the Stubby/Potato grip.

It used to increase your SDEC which is why it is called Grip_SprintRecovery.
I recall that in the early days (pre-launch livestreams) it was stated that even earlier during development the stubbtato decreased the time between coming out of sprint and your weapon being ready, like a reversed bayonet. The name is likely a relict from that time.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 7th 2017, 1:37am

Never mind Im actually dumb, I have no idea what a target pointer is. IS there a thread for this thing?

.....Wait laser sight. sigh

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 7th 2017, 1:46am

@C0llis

Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, April 10th 2017, 7:07am

Stubby grip

I have a theory when stubby only on assualt rifles makes full auto in close quarters and firing burst/microburst better at long ranges; stubby compensator make burst better and medium ranges. I might be wrong, only if you can prove stubby comp lands more shots with bursting anywhere from 2-3 rds to say 5-7 rds at infinite range. Example, at what bullet would the compensators added spread make you miss at longe range. Or, would the horizontal recoil throw what bullet off at long range. This may be a spreed decrease vs recoil decrease thing. Still see stubby only way more then with compensator these days. Which is why i think compensator is only better for medium ranges with micro and longer burst. Please explain.

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, April 10th 2017, 10:16am

Sum it up

Stubby only for long range assault rifles, ace23, m416, scar h, aek (aek can be used effectively at 60m).
Stubby/compensator for close range assault rifles, f2000, famas, cz301 (only pdw exception)
Ergo/heavy barrel for longer/further range assault rifles (low rof), sar, ar160 i cant think of any more lol
Stubby/compensator for high rof carbines, acr, sg553, mtar, a91.
Stubby/heavy barrel for pdws and low rof carbines. Hb for p90, mp7 ect. Stubby for asval
Ergo or STUBBY? only for mid rof carbines, ace 21 i cant think of anymore :(
Ergo/fullchoke/buckshot for semis ( though dao12 with flechette is best)
Modified choke/buckshot for pumps (thought full choke was best though)
Heavybarrels/rds on all pistols
Green lasers on ALL sidearms, pdws, shotguns
..........wow im proud to have made a universal guide for all gun attachments. No one ever needs to ask anymore . Except ....
M16 is best with stubby/heavybarrel.
An94 is good with angled/folding grip as is any weapon in burst mode
Bulldog fires at like 950rpm so slap stubby/comp as its best in CQC/Mid
Ace52 i have no clue , mabey ergo grip and muzzle brake(works amazing on ace 23).
L85a2 is good with stubby/heavybarrel

Ace 23 i think is the most versatile gun in the game and i enjoy using it over superior guns like the L85, m416, and scar h. The scar h kills quicker at all ranges, the l85 and m416 seem to be more accurate. Hopes this helps with knowing what guns the ergo grip is best with and that its an amazing grip.