Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "angrynun" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, March 3rd 2017, 11:00pm

So is there any reason why people dont run just egro?

With engagement distances in mind roughly 20 to 40 meters, I tend to play at much smaller distances 10 to 30, why dont people just play with just egro?
For example the scar h which is the gun I use predominately. Mirco bursts are clearly the way to go. 4 to 5 rounds max. At those distances there is no reason to use any other attachments right? H bar with its increase in FSM and increased recoil are not worth the spread benefit. Comp stubby doesnt really do much at those ranges and H bar with angled again not worth the spread benefits bc more recoil. Why? well I dont know about you but I tend to move around a lot even when I shoot. All attachments are not even close to the benefits that the egro gives you. You move with the H bar and its worse than just egro.
So why comp stubby? why not just egro? even more so on the slower rate of fire guns.

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, March 6th 2017, 9:21am

Scar h is not a weapon you want to be moving with but i guess ergo would help with that. Stop and pop, stubby comp. Try and stand still and its by far the best weapon in the game :) if you cant fire in between strafes try something like m416, ace 23, or l85<3..... scar h is like ak in counterstrike, best when in the right hands.

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, March 6th 2017, 9:25am

I find scar h and m416 best with stubby nothing btw. I run famas and aek without compensators. No one can prove ill land more shots at long range with stubby comp. The added spread from the compensator i believe makes me miss more at long range but it migh help when bursting at mid range.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, March 6th 2017, 8:59pm

All ARs have the same spread ads not moving 0.2. Scar h with ergo has a 0.6 spread while moving for that matter any gun with ergo I think. (barring bullpups) Anything with out ergo has a value of 1 while ads moving. So your choice of m416, ace 23 and l85 are worse for strafing. Much worse actually. The spread increase is nearly the same in both cases with comp stubby. 3% big deal. Again we are talking 20 to 40 meters really more like 10 to 30 meters. Even with out the comp ace 23 is only 25% better at spread increase. Thats nothing at these ranges just burst.

So again why would you ever trade the ability to strafe while shooting for recoil that doesn't matter at for engagement distances that are from 10 to 40 meters. That doesnt make any sense. Spread means nothing thats why no one runs Hbar bc there is no range for it plus the recoil hurts you more. Comp stubby does nothing other than reduce recoil that doesnt mean anything at any relevant range.

Scar H with a stubby only decreases spread increase by 20% again thats nothing at these ranges. Why are people giving up the ability to move for something that at a normal range of 10 to 40 meters does really nothing?

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, March 6th 2017, 9:02pm

Contrary to popular belief, people cannot customize weapons in a way that makes sense.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, March 6th 2017, 10:18pm

So Im curious why not ergo it just seems to be the way to go. I dont see recoil as a problem and I play with the scar h. Spread doesnt really do much unless you are mag dumping. Maybe its the way I play idk.

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 12th 2017, 3:43am

You want to stand still while firing an ar anyways :) but ive tried ergo on guns like the ace 21 over comp stubby. And i must say the ergo works better! You might be right <3

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, March 26th 2017, 3:39pm

if it works so well for AR, imagine with PDWs. 0.36 base moving spread = splurt

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 7:04am

Super rare fact!!

Did you know that the ergo grip reduces movement spread while ADSing by 40%! Not 50%. 50% is for hipfire. :) your welcome.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 11:27am

No.

Source code

StandZoomModifier::GunSwayStanceZoomModifierData
        DispersionMod::GunSwayDispersionModData
            MinAngleModifier 1.0
            MaxAngleModifier 1.0
            IncreasePerShotModifier 1.0
            DecreasePerSecondModifier 0.660000026226
        MovingDispersionMod::GunSwayDispersionModData
            MinAngleModifier 0.5
            MaxAngleModifier 1.0
        SprintingDispersionMod::GunSwayDispersionModData
            MinAngleModifier 0.5
            MaxAngleModifier 1.0
        RecoilMagnitudeMod 1.0
        RecoilAngleMod 1.0
        FirstShotRecoilMod 1.0
        LagYawMod 0.0
        LagPitchMod 0.0
    StandNoZoomModifier::GunSwayStanceZoomModifierData
        DispersionMod::GunSwayDispersionModData
            MinAngleModifier 1.0
            MaxAngleModifier 1.0
        MovingDispersionMod::GunSwayDispersionModData
            MinAngleModifier 0.5
            MaxAngleModifier 1.0
        SprintingDispersionMod::GunSwayDispersionModData
            MinAngleModifier 0.5
            MaxAngleModifier 1.0
        RecoilMagnitudeMod 1.0
        RecoilAngleMod 1.0
        FirstShotRecoilMod 1.0
        LagYawMod 0.0
        LagPitchMod 0.0
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.