Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, November 15th 2016, 4:00pm

It would be possible to have the position of the barrel (coordinates or pitch and yaw) in some long series (20-30 bullets or the full magazine) with an average weapon firing to a recognizable point. One with non-recoil control to calibrate and one (better 5) with recoil control. Obviously ADS.

I'll do the job. It will represent only what a specific player does with specific weapon but I can extrapolate with other more rough data. It could be a good Simthyc project.

If this is possible I will retain the post about recoil control.to give a more complex diagnosis.

You mean could I record recoil pitch and yaw with long magdumps, one (or more) without recoil control and several with my personal recoil compensation? Easiest values I can get out is recoil yaw/pitch sampled at certain time interval but that might be too messy (if recorder runs faster than game = script reads same number multiple times), but would that be enough?
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 17th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, November 15th 2016, 8:28pm

You mean could I record recoil pitch and yaw with long magdumps, one (or more) without recoil control and several with my personal recoil compensation? Easiest values I can get out is recoil yaw/pitch sampled at certain time interval but that might be too messy (if recorder runs faster than game = script reads same number multiple times), but would that be enough?

wow!!!

It would be wonderful!!!

Pitch and Yaw would be perfect. In fact, Recoil V is a forced PitchINC and Recoil H a forced YawINC.

It would be better BF4 weapons. I have the test range to do some additional test.

A sampling time in the order of tickrate ...could it produce good results?. If not ...better quicker than slower. I can re-sample it. The question of the pass from continous logic to frame-to-frame logic can be analized (I think ;( ).

The uncontrolled burst is critical to identify shots and to calibrate the controled bursts. By simply subtracting them, voluntary movements are obtained.

One burst without control and five controlled would be very good to obtain a good average of control pattern but not the sensitivity to recoil.

With two weapons (better in 33% and 66% recoil percentiles), one uncontrolled and three controlled samples of each one would also obtain good results and the relative sensitivity to recoil.

As this is work you decide how much "data density" you can provide.

Better naked weapons, same shigt, similar distance to aiming point .... the more standard conditions the better the result. Long burst are good to detect changes F(t): tiredness, progresive improvement, initial rigidity (inertia)...

We have to see the data before to decide the methodology... but something with the philosophy of wave analisys may work properly (or not :) )

Date of registration
: Nov 25th 2016

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, November 25th 2016, 9:06am

Use an angled grip if the first shot recoil multiplier is 2.5 or higher