Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Someguy12121" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2015

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, October 14th 2016, 1:13am

Grips + barrel config questions

So after years of playing on PS3 I finally got a PS4 and have been playing BF4 for over a month now. I have gotten used to the changes and I have been doing well. Last time I posted here it was about configs. I know most people tended to tell me to use HB + Vert. I also seem to use Suppressor + Stub on some guns. I also notice that some people around here advise Angled grips and/or Comp. When would I use an angled grip, stub grip, etc?

PS SUPER EXCITED FOR BF1

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, October 14th 2016, 2:41am

Things we know:
Hrecoil is just as random as your standard spread, and, like spread, is uncontrollable. So our goal should be to reduce that on weapons which have a lot of it.
FSM is bad. While the user can control recoil, FSM is virtually impossible to eliminate, even for those with >50,000 kills worth of practice with a weapon.

Rule of thumb is:Compensator+Stubby on weapons shooting at 750RPM and up. This is because these weapons have either too much Hrecoil to use the Hbar (AEK) or too much FSM (M416, ACE).

Weapons shooting slower than 750RPM should use the heavy barrel. It's entirely up to you as to whether you want to use Ergo or Stubby. It'll depend on your playstyle.

Exceptions: The SCAR counts as an ~840RPM weapon due to damage. The bulldog, likewise, is quite similar to the AEK. The M16 can use Hbar+Stubby VERY effectively due to a lack of FSM.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Battlelog:

Friday, October 14th 2016, 2:49am

Pc or console

I highly recommendyou watch marbleducks videos. Best bf4 videos for info. If your on console angled grip with muzzle brake works well on most weapons. Glhf

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 14th 2016, 4:02am

Marbleduck your saying fsm cannot be countered? Fsm applys to vertical recoil only right? So to counter i would just pull down more right? Please explain.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, October 14th 2016, 4:36am

Marbleduck your saying fsm cannot be countered? Fsm applys to vertical recoil only right? So to counter i would just pull down more right? Please explain.

technically, yes, in practice? no, by pulling further on the frist shot you would yes get first and second shot decently accurate if you exarcise enough, but depending on the gun the third and 4th and maybe even 5th would get terrible recoil control, so the best is just shoot one bullet and control recoil from there on.
if you're on console it's just basically impossible.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, October 14th 2016, 1:01pm

Try CZ805 vs AR160 to see how much of an effect FSM and uneven HREC have on console. AR160 will feel like a laser beam but the CZ, not so much.

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 14th 2016, 5:04am

Great attachment combo?

I did not know that if you use a stubby with a muzzle brake or compensator it completely negates the spread increase penalty while aiming down sights!? wow . someone confirm this please.

Also.....Angled Grip. It gives you an 11 percent boost in stability allowing for more accurate automatic and rapid fire while aiming down sight.interesting......

Date of registration
: Mar 17th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, November 14th 2016, 10:41pm

technically, yes, in practice? no, by pulling further on the frist shot you would yes get first and second shot decently accurate if you exarcise enough, but depending on the gun the third and 4th and maybe even 5th would get terrible recoil control, so the best is just shoot one bullet and control recoil from there on.
if you're on console it's just basically impossible.

I've been working a bit on recoil control for a new post and my provisional findings are as follows.

The recoil of the 1st and 2nd shot can not be corrected. That means that bullets 1-2-3 do not allow correction. For a weapon of ROF 700 the third bullet fires 171 milliseconds after the first. There is not enough time to evaluate the deviation and produce the movement of the mouse.

My hypothesis is that the corrección occurs in the 4-5th bullet and from there in groups of 2-3 bullets. Not because the 4th is corrected, but because it is the moment in which the first stimulus that is the first recoil is reacted. The longer the burst, the easier it is to control the recoil by automating the movement (as macros do).

If a preventive movement is made in the first shot ... Why not aim the waist? Everything would be easier.

I have found that the recoil control is produced by maintaining a player accuracy circle, ie each player is able to keep the sight within a circle (from there acts the spread) . This circle has (for my skill) a radius of 1 degree approx. It is somethig similar to MOA accuracy measurement. This is compatible with the correction in the 4-5th bullet. (NEXT)

Sorry

@iota-09

Lot of maths and graphs are coming :) :) :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "leptis" (Nov 14th 2016, 10:52pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 15th 2016, 4:32am

the corrección occurs in the 4-5th bullet and from there in groups of 2-3 bullets. Not because the 4th is corrected, but because it is the moment in which the first stimulus that is the first recoil is reacted.

but wouldn't that number be lower for people with faster reaction time? can't it be a minimum of 2? for me i feel like i notice the recoill change on the third bullet and change the pullon exactly the 4th, but i could obviously be wrong as i didn't record that
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Mar 17th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, November 15th 2016, 10:37am

Quoted from "leptis"

the corrección occurs in the 4-5th bullet and from there in groups of 2-3 bullets. Not because the 4th is corrected, but because it is the moment in which the first stimulus that is the first recoil is reacted.

but wouldn't that number be lower for people with faster reaction time? can't it be a minimum of 2? for me i feel like i notice the recoill change on the third bullet and change the pullon exactly the 4th, but i could obviously be wrong as i didn't record that

Well ... I mean a credible pattern that has some data support and that refers to the principle of action-reaction ( no reaction before action)

It's hard to know what happens to the first bullets. Obviously a player can make preventive movements from the first shot (because he knows what is going to happen and if he always uses the same weapon he has been able to automate the movement). From there there is a repetitive pattern of control that I have estimated in a correction every two bullets on average, that is the mouse movements are like the recoil of two bullets on average with a random destination around the aiming point that is what sets the accuracy circle.

That is, if you fire a very long burst (>100 bullets with a BF4 LMG) controling recoil and you obtain a circle of hits of 5 degrees when the maximum spread is 2 degrees, what is the explanation of the aditional degree?. The circle of accuracy (or the inaccuracy to keep the sight in the aiming point) . But in this test the effect of firts three bullets (in fact the number of bullets up to reach the maximun spread) is missed.

This could only be rigorously known with a high-level method: reading memory.

@Miffyli

It would be possible to have the position of the barrel (coordinates or pitch and yaw) in some long series (20-30 bullets or the full magazine) with an average weapon firing to a recognizable point. One with non-recoil control to calibrate and one (better 5) with recoil control. Obviously ADS.

I'll do the job. It will represent only what a specific player does with specific weapon but I can extrapolate with other more rough data. It could be a good Simthyc project.

If this is possible I will retain the post about recoil control.to give a more complex diagnosis.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "leptis" (Nov 15th 2016, 1:08pm)