Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Daken" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 12th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 7:48pm

Suppressed Carbines

I've been playing bf4 for a while now and by no means am I an expert at anything in this game but I was just wondering what people thought about suppressed carbines. Wondering what carbines people prefer to run suppressors on and which ones they think are the best to have them on. personally, I prefer the higher rate of fire carbines [except for the acwr] and usually, run a suppressor on the SG553 or on the ace 52 cqb. just wondering what people's opinion are.

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 4:15am

Suppressors

Quoted

Suppressors are fine, especially on carbines.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 8:04am

<----- Full-time Suppressor user... although, with DMRs.

In BF4, Suppressor has 2 drawbacks: #1 lowers the Velocity to ~300m/s, and #2 make your Moving Hipfire slightly worse.

#1 is the biggest downside, but you can "neutralise" that penalty by quite a bit if you choose to run Suppressor on a gun that already has low Velocity.

ACE 52 CQB - 400m/s vs. ACE 52 CQB Supp - 290m/s is a 38% penalty.

Ak 5C - 620m/s vs. Ak 5C Supp - 350m/s is a whopping 77% penalty.

Ak 5C - 620m/s vs. ACE 52 CQB - 400m/s is a massive 55% advantage.

Ak 5C Supp - 350m/s vs ACE 52 CQB Supp - 290m/s is only 21% faster.

Thus, I think the "best" Carbine to run Suppressor on is the ACE 52 CQB.

To fix #2, which is not as important because Carbines already have decent Hipfire, is to use Bullpup Carbines. The Bullpup Carbine that has the lowest Velocity is the A-91. So, I think that is the 2nd-best.

Date of registration
: Oct 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 12:25pm

If you don't like ACE 52 and get nightmares of the a91s long reload you may want to try a silenced sg553. Interestingly I also had good experience with a silenced m4.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 5:41pm

If you don't like ACE 52 and get nightmares of the a91s long reload you may want to try a silenced sg553. Interestingly I also had good experience with a silenced m4.
Yeah i love the sg553, dont like the M4 burst though, always messes me up in close quarters. and a91 is terrible reload.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 5:42pm

<----- Full-time Suppressor user... although, with DMRs.

What Dmr's do you run a suppressor on? Do you have a preference?

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 7:19pm

What Dmr's do you run a suppressor on? Do you have a preference?

Based on my 2 criteria above, then the "most suited to Suppress" is definitely the SKS, Supp + Ergo. It is competitive up to ~50m with anything 700RPM or below.

However, it is not my "preference," because even though I get the best Kills Per Minute and usually best Kill : Death with that setup, using it makes me "spammy" and I tend to have lower Accuracy than I'd like. It makes you go PEW PEW PEW and then you turn into "that guy" :P

My Battlelog is linked in my profile to the left, and you can see that I currently "main" the ACE 53 SV Supp + AFG. I can also make a case for SCAR-H SV Supp + AFG (depending on where you stand on H-Recoil vs. SIPS) and M39 EMR Supp + Stubby (better close-in performance in the non-SKS-division but V-Recoil is quite a handful). Counter-sniping? SVD-12 Supp + AFG.

Best "looking" are either the RFB Supp and the Mk11 Supp. Neither are backed up by current stats, except the RFB was my recommendation in the original version of BF4... which is why I am top-50 worldwide according to BF4Stats despite not playing nearly as many hours.

-----

Unlike Carbines, there are no true "outliers" and I can make the case for running Suppressor on all DMRs... except for the QBU-88 Supp. That's the worst.