Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

• "youngGod16" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, September 9th 2016, 9:31am

suppressors and ttk

Quoted

I have would like to know how much suppressors effect ttk. Exactly how much will the suppressor effect my FAMAS at 10m, 20m, 25m, 30m, 40m , 55m...... and so on ect. At any given range; is there any formula to do this or can someone please do it for me? Please :) and don't reply with anything but what I want exactly. Ps. The suppressed famas just feels more accurate to me. Try it out.

Quoted

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(374)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, September 9th 2016, 11:06am

TTK is formula is something like (BTK-1)*interval+(distance/velocity), where interval is 1000/(Firerate/60), giving you firetime in ms and BTK is 100/damage per hit, rounded up.

As the suppressor in BF4 doesn't seem to affect damage dropoff, you should be able to simply use the current TTK chart, subtract unsuppressed distance/velocity and then add suppressed distance/velocity.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, September 9th 2016, 11:45am

Suppressors do not cause TTK.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, September 9th 2016, 1:10pm

I'm sure the drop in muzzle velocity that the suppressors cause does affect TTK?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,210)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Friday, September 9th 2016, 1:13pm

I'm sure the drop in muzzle velocity that the suppressors cause does affect TTK?
Technically it does since TTK includes bullet flight time but this number is relatively low.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, September 9th 2016, 1:14pm

The question was whether suppressors effect TTK. They do not. They might affect TTK, but that was not the question. I was told not to reply with anything but an answer to the question.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Mar 17th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, September 9th 2016, 1:52pm

The complete TTK formula for "n" bullets needed to kill is (measured from first shot, beside TimeToADS) and ADS is:

TTK = Time to arrive 1st bullet + (n-1). (60 / ROF)

The only term that suppressor changes is the first one, which is dependent on the bullet speed.

For FAMAS, 5 bullets to kill and 20 m of distance the TTK would be

Unsuppressed (20/630) + 4. (60/1000) = 0.272 sec

Suppresed (20/360) + 4. (60/1000) = 0.296 sec

Difference = 0.024 sec

That is in the range of one frame. In game will be very little perceptible.

For Hipfiring and suppresed the TTK will increase probabilistically due to slower bullet speed and more bullets needed to kill (on average) due to the increase of spread. In a deterministic way (5 bullets on target) is the same difference.

Edited: CORRECTED VALUES

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "leptis" (Sep 16th 2016, 11:11am)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, September 9th 2016, 2:01pm

TIL: Symthic is not only a site for math and science but also for semantics and linguistic discussion! Awesome!

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, September 9th 2016, 2:19pm

The question was whether suppressors effect TTK. They do not. They might affect TTK, but that was not the question. I was told not to reply with anything but an answer to the question.

meh, I feel that was really unnecessary: Principle of Charity

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

• "youngGod16" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, September 9th 2016, 3:36pm

Thanks! <3 lol my famas kills as quick as the scar does at 20m! Hahaha provided I land my burst. : D hope this thread helps everyone. Pros usually don't use suppressors because of callouts and that they want the fastest ttk the weapon offers. I heard suppresor can knock off up to 100ms at longer ranges . But now I know!!! Thanks.......