Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Vladof72" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, June 5th 2016, 8:39pm

New BF4 player here... need help with weapon stuff

I can't seem to get around this game. I played and still playing BFBC2 amazingly usually outgunning other people even with my 80-90 ping and the same is in many other FPS games... but in this game guns seem to have the most random ass spread and I can barely hit anything. and I'm not even fully spraying most of the time, I spam burst or tap and the gun still shoots everywhere...

So can anyone suggest some easy weapons to use right now while learning this game and what attachments are good and what to avoid please?

Also whats with the whole defensive/offensive/grenadier/combat medic stuff that has levels that you need to achieve to get those bonuses?

Date of registration
: Aug 1st 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, June 5th 2016, 9:03pm

Anything under 700RPM should remains accurate for longer bursts. You problems May come from the fact that spread takes more time to resest and there is more of it to begin with than most games, so you have to learn your effective range and stay there.

And yes, your squad earns points towards thoose, by the way you should prety much always use offensive perk.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, June 5th 2016, 9:08pm

I spam burst

there's your issue, spamming is never going to work in battlefield 4, due to the slower spread decrease(and also if anyone wants to correct me, i think there's a delay to spread decrease, like 200 ms as soon as it should start to kick in, but i might remember wrong) you can't spam, burst fire is still going to be the king, but you have to let some time between the bursts, this amount of time depends on the weapon, there are also tools to calculate that, but i don't have them at hand now.

as for the attachments, the only 2 you have to stay away from are the flash hider and muzzle break, but that applies only to automatic weapons, for everything else you can use the multicomparison tool in the bf4 stats page.

at last, the broperks work with squad points, the higher the squad points you get, the more bonuses you get, a squad wipe usually makes you go back to square one, but t's bugged and sometimes you will keep your perk level even after a squad wipe.

also if you can't choose a specific role when playing use only and i say ONLY the offensive and defensive perk, although the latter now is useful only against 1-shot guns(shotguns and sniper rifles)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 5th 2016, 9:38pm

I spam burst

there's your issue, spamming is never going to work in battlefield 4, due to the slower spread decrease(and also if anyone wants to correct me, i think there's a delay to spread decrease, like 200 ms as soon as it should start to kick in, but i might remember wrong) you can't spam, burst fire is still going to be the king, but you have to let some time between the bursts, this amount of time depends on the weapon, there are also tools to calculate that, but i don't have them at hand now.

as for the attachments, the only 2 you have to stay away from are the flash hider and muzzle break, but that applies only to automatic weapons, for everything else you can use the multicomparison tool in the bf4 stats page.

at last, the broperks work with squad points, the higher the squad points you get, the more bonuses you get, a squad wipe usually makes you go back to square one, but t's bugged and sometimes you will keep your perk level even after a squad wipe.

also if you can't choose a specific role when playing use only and i say ONLY the offensive and defensive perk, although the latter now is useful only against 1-shot guns(shotguns and sniper rifles)

Spread decrease kicks in when the time for firing a new shot is there put you're not holding down the trigger. Also defensive is completly useless, it offers very little and you lose extremly good perks like 10% movemnet speed increase and Extra mags.

Everything else is spot on thourgh.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 5th 2016, 9:44pm

i dunno man, being able to resist one shots from sniper rifles and shotguns to me seems like a good perk though, enough that i hate that perk even after all of its nerfs(but that's just because i used to main sniper rifles before bf4)

as for spread decrease delay, i just remember someone saying it lots of time ago, but don't remember who it was and where on symthic, that's why i'm asking for corrections.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 5th 2016, 10:06pm

OK so I need to take small breaks between bursts and always take offensive perks? got it.
What about weapon suggestions? I usually like really accurate weapons, don't mind about recoil and love high damage/range automatic combat rifles.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 5th 2016, 10:10pm

OK so I need to take small breaks between bursts and always take offensive perks? got it.
What about weapon suggestions? I usually like really accurate weapons, don't mind about recoil and love high damage/range automatic combat rifles.

the best slow rate of fire weapons are the ones that have an interchangeble fire rate imho,so the an-94 and ak-12, because if you really need it you can still use them in close range by setting them on burst(and on 30hz server the an94 is inarguably one of the best guns in the game if not the absolute best, thanks to the fact that at 30 hz 1200 rpm make for the first 2 shot to have no spread increase) although the ak-12 has bugged sound on burst fire so you'd have to get used to it.

other than that you can use pretty much any weapon effectively as long as you adapt your playstyle, so just choose what you like more based on either playstyle or looks and start using that.

err, didn't notice the high damage part, well the scar-h is not bad, but the ace52 imho is a little bit better, as the higher the damage model, the more important ammo capacity is, for pdws the groza also isn't bad but you have to count your shots with it.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, June 5th 2016, 10:12pm

For automatics, the SCAR-H would be good for assault. Higher damage model than most others, though not any more accurate. For carbines, the ACE-52 is similar to the SCAR-H. For more accuracy, use a DMR.

Compared to BC2, in BF4 all weapons except snipers have a base spread even when not moving. When aiming down sights and standing still, assault rifles have 0.2 degrees of spread. Reduce this base spread using the Heavy Barrel attachment. From what I remember, most weapons had 0 base spread in BC2 but higher spread increase values. This, along with the reduced spread decrease values makes bursting much better than rapid tap-firing. I'd say 3-round bursts are best at 750 RPM and above, while lower rate of fire weapons can get away with 5-round bursts.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, June 6th 2016, 7:54am

What about the SAR-21 ? I have been using it and liking it so far, seems pretty accurate and it's a bull-pup so it does nice in CQB scenarios ? I read some stuff in the forums and best loadout for ARs is heavy barrel+stubby?

Any suggestions for PDW/Carbines and what attachments to use? ump-9 seems really good from looking at its stats, accurate and has a good range while being a PDW, and the AK-5c seems also good in the same way.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, June 6th 2016, 10:43am

What about the SAR-21 ? I have been using it and liking it so far, seems pretty accurate and it's a bull-pup so it does nice in CQB scenarios ? I read some stuff in the forums and best loadout for ARs is heavy barrel+stubby?

Any suggestions for PDW/Carbines and what attachments to use? ump-9 seems really good from looking at its stats, accurate and has a good range while being a PDW, and the AK-5c seems also good in the same way.

For assualt rifles always use compensator and stubby above 800 ROF. At and under 800 RPM always use Heavy barrel and stubby unless you have a first shot recoil multiplier above 2, then use the angled grip. Same goes for Carbine's. But the PDW's should alway have Heavy barrel stubby, also if you want long range dont use a PDW.