Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Enzo_Guy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, April 29th 2016, 9:48pm

Could the SG553 use a little buff?

First of all, I'm aware that the SG553 is already a formidable carbine in the right hands. It's my #1 carbine and my #3 weapon overall (behind my QBB-95 and RPK) with about 3,400 kills so far. It's by no means a bad gun and I still roll whole teams with in CQB. My issue is that it seems like it is quite lacking in full-auto compared to the ACW-R and in burst the M4 blows it out of the water.

Most other carbines are balanced in some way between ROF (which translates to recoil/SIPS/SDEC), reload speed, and muzzle velocity. Compared to the ACW-R, the SG553 has a good bit lower muzzle velocity plus 50RPM less ROF but not much less recoil (especially that 0.39 H-recoil to the right compared to the 0.28 of the M4). To top it all off, the tactical reload for the SG553 is the same as an empty reload for the ACW-R. Maybe I'm missing something here, but it feels like the SG553 gets the short end of the stick in almost every category compared to its closest rivals in the carbine class. It doesn't need a huge buff by any means. I'd be happy if they switched the reload speed and/or muzzle velocity of the ACW-R with the SG553, in fact I feel like the slower reload would kind of balance the ACW-R a bit better as it is currently a rather dominant gun in its class that does seem to noticeably outperform most others.
"We had defeated one disease after the next. Modern medicine had given us health and hope. A man's existence was no longer confined solely to his work, not that of women to childbearing. Science promised to deliver us heaven on earth, and we were happy to believe that. We had begun to live and our children were going to have it even better, this is something we were sure of.
............until the summer of 1914."
Are you ready for the trenches?

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 7:04pm

553 is good to longer ranges than the ACR.

Plus, those ironsights....yum.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2015

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Saturday, April 30th 2016, 9:50pm

The SG553 is much easier to control vs. the ACW-R and still reloads faster than the A-91.

Date of registration
: May 8th 2016

Sunday, May 8th 2016, 8:55am

I actually prefer the SG to the ACW-R. For one the ACW-R has more recoil and drifts to the left the most, which I find the hardest to control.

It really depends on what you prefer. The ACW-R is a little bit better for close range, and the SG-553 is a little more suited for medium range.

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, May 8th 2016, 10:19am

The SG553 is already great, lowish vrecoil makes it very hbar friendly, burst it and it's effective out to the max ranges you'll want to engage with a carbine without being hugely disadvantaged by weapon class.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, September 8th 2016, 2:23am

Sg553 is fine the way it is imho. Full auto is great with this weapon. Reminds me a bit of the m4a1 in cs 1.6. Easy to control while spraying and I found I can effectively tap fire it at longer ranges. My preferred setup is compensator and stubby grip. It's 800+ rpm is great for cqb, but it doesn't seem to have the insta kill ability the acr offers. Overall one of the most versatile guns in the game. I say no buff needed.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, September 8th 2016, 10:29am

Thread locked.

@youngGod16
Please don't necro threads. If thread is older than few months and you don't have something very ontopic (eg. update to something you released on said thread) please don't post on such threads.

Quoted from "Rules"

11. Do not deliberately derail or Necro threads.
We appreciate that conversations drift from the Original Topic occasionally (often for the better), but deliberate derailment (particularly pyramiding) and Necromancy is prohibited. In general a thread over 2-3 months old is considered dead unless a discussion continues after the Necro, in which case it is OK. If in doubt, ask a member of staff!
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included