Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "DeluX" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 6th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, February 6th 2016, 11:16pm

AS-VAL vs ACW-R

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker here, decided to finally make an account :)

I've been grinding TDM's recently, trying to find a gun I could enjoy from what is available to Engineer class. I''ve now tried all of the PDWs, Shotguns and most of the Carbines and honestly feeling a bit sad not being able to find my next love..
So I've trying narrowing down to the "next best thing" and found that for me AS-VAL, ACW-R and any shotgun perform adequately. Shotguns on most servers are still frowned upon or banned altogether, so that option out.

The other two after all the nerfs now feel so very similar and even comparing the stats I can't tell them apart. Which one objectively is better? As you can see I tend to run Angled on AS-VAL and Comp/Stubby on ACW-R, are those "optimal" setups?

Now I don't intend to be stuck at TDM's for much longer and I was hoping I can translate "winner gun" to the Conquest Large as well or is that too much to ask from both of these? I've tried the weapons that are usually recommended to engineers (for Conquest) such as Ak5C or CBJ-MS (after all patches ofc), but omg I find them so dull and lacking damage output. What can be other alternatives? Mind you I usually spend majority of the time in the tank and gun is only needed when I've gotta rain hell on the arse who blew my tank or in the situations I've gotta go on foot because teamate stole my tank while I was repairing it ;(

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 8:13am

Sorry it took so long to enable this post. Bumping it back up for visibility.

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 8:44am

It really depends on the situation and surroundings more than an always optimal loadout. Brushing that aside, from my experience, the AS-VAL downs enemies quicker than almost everything else - at extremely close ranges. The increased damage compared to almost all of the other pdws makes a huge difference. When I say close ranges, I mean less than 10 meters by the way. (27 damage = 57.5 damage per headshot, with 900 rpm @ max damage)
The biggest downside is the ammo capacity, 20+1 rounds. Which means more reloads, which means more vulnerable moments, especially if you're putting yourself within 10 meters of people.

While only marginally less effective at ranges under 10m, the ACW-R is marginally more effective at slightly longer ranges.
Unlike the AS-Val though, the ACW-R has 30+1 ammo capacity. (24 damage = 51.1 damage per headshot with 880 rpm @ max damage)

So it comes down to whether or not you need those extra rounds. I lean a little bit more towards the AS-Val because of its higher damage.
If doing hardcore, ACW-R.

EDIT: As far as attachment options, I actually prefer the Ergo/Vertical grip and a suppressor (with any 1x scope).
If you're not moving a whole lot while gunning, then I'd use the angled/folding and probably keep the suppressor. Staying off of the minimap is a huge benefit in most cases. Distant engagements are pretty much not that much of a viable option, so anything above a 1x scope (or IRNV/FLIR) really isn't that beneficial. As for a more overlooked PDW because it requires campaign play, the P90 is a fun, and accurate pdw with a 50 round magazine.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lope_a_dope" (Feb 7th 2016, 8:59am) with the following reason: forgot attachment options

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, February 7th 2016, 9:23am

Like what lope_a_dope said, does it matter if it is Suppressed? If I ever use a loud gun in Core TDM my life expectancy is measured in seconds, so I basically HAVE to run Suppressor.

And, if Suppressed, then of course AS VAL is better. It's got a Heavy Barrel stuck on it so it has BETTER min-spread in all situations, not to mention slightly better SIPS.

If playing CQL, but ONLY tanking and just need close-in defense weapon while repairing / jump out to kill C4 delivery guy, AS VAL is still fine. Slightly easier to use, MPX.

If no need to be Suppressed (due to no minimap due to Hardcore) or someone stole your tank in CQL, try SG553 Comp + Stubby. Shoots the same as 900RPM out to 7 bullets, while easier to control. MPX HBar is okay as well.

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, February 8th 2016, 3:18pm

Both guns are designed for the same role, but with differing approach, in my opinion. The role is: spawn behind enemy lines and quickly kill multiple enemies, while maintaining your path in close quarters. Where they start to differ is AS-VAL demands top notch positioning, pathing, due to low mag, so that one can hide immediately after emptying the magazine, or switch to sidearm he is Very comfortable with, whereas ACW-R is a lot more forgiving with extra bullet pool and is considerably more accurate at "range".

Both guns are very dangerous. Just gotta find "your next love".

Good luck with that.

Using the ACE21 most of the time myself, but if I fail to be tactical I just grab that ACW-R.. and confidence returns.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 8:37am

As an avid AS-VAL user, as well as an avid ACR user, I struggle to answer the question.

I use them both for relatively the same purpose, but they seem to go in and out of my loadout depending on the map.

I run the Val with the HD-33, laser, (suppressor), and AFG. I don't figure on the stubby or ergo being much use point blank, where this weapon excels, and at ranges outside of 20m when you will be tap firing the AFG is a better benefit to make up for the high FSM.
I run the ACR with the same setup, HD-33, laser, suppressor, and AFG. For the same reasons.

Now, despite the VAL's higher damage and slightly higher ROF, the TTK is basically the same in both weapons. So the ACR has an clear advantage in a few areas.

- It has an extra 10 rounds making it overall more usable.
- It has one of if not the fastest reload in the whole game for a primary weapon, meaning when it does run empty it is back in the fight in moments. You can afford a little more aggression in your tactics.
- It is a multi-kit weapon, meaning that it's learning curve can be easily translated to other battlefield roles (switching kit does not mean switching weapons).

The VAL, on the other hand, has one distinct advantage over the ACR in that it's hipfire accuracy is about twice as good.

I usually play Domination, so my reference will be to those maps.

Siege of Shanghai and Dawnbreaker, for example, will see me use the ACR. Lots of close quarters fights inside buildings and across streets, with the occasional need to stretch out a bit. Danger in all directions, not a ton of cover to use. Advantage is the ACR for the reload speed and extra 10 rounds for facing the occasional squad.
Dragon Pass and Lost Islands, for example, will see me use the VAL. Tons of "garbage" all over the map that enemies can be waiting around or spring from behind, can be completely CQB if you move about the map properly, and plenty of cover to use. Sudden encounters favor hip-fire, more 1v1 encounters, cover means reload speed isn't as crucial.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Mar 3rd 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 10:00pm

I don't think is meaningful. ASVAL can beat ACR easily in 20 meter But out of 20meter is will be hopeless. So I will say I like ASVAL more because when enemy far away I can use smoke to get closer then take them down.

youngGod16

Back from the Grave

(1)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 1:02am

Asval is best with stubby. But I would run asval with angled for better range. Acw and asval both have that insta kill ability. I would say asval>every other gun in cqb. Only problem with asval is you cant run medic and heal.

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 1:35am

Please do not necro threads. Generally any topic that is over three months old without a reply is considered dead. It is only acceptable to bump old threads if new information is available. Locked.

11. Do not deliberately derail or Necro threads.
We appreciate that conversations drift from the Original Topic occasionally (often for the better), but deliberate derailment (particularly pyramiding) and Necromancy is prohibited. In general a thread over 2-3 months old is considered dead unless a discussion continues after the Necro, in which case it is OK. If in doubt, ask a member of staff!