Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Recon1337" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 11th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, January 31st 2016, 11:09pm

Favorite/least favorite LMG on infantry-only maps?

It was the Type-88, but more recently its become the MG4........just the ability to run around with a 200 round assault rifle mowing entire squads down with hipfire alone is just unmatched in satisfactory. Least favorite has always been the LSAT. I dont know why I dont like this gun, but I just dont....theres something weird about it for me in BF4 and also back in BF3. No harm to people who do like it ofc. People hated the Type-88 in BF3 which was understandable as I did too, until DICE brought it back buffed up in BF4.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2016

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, February 10th 2016, 6:23pm

my choices

I like all LMGs but my favorite is the QBB 95 due to its low recoil and assault rifle accuracy, has hip fire bonus due to bullpup(slap on a laser light too) and it has 76 bullets for taking down multiple guys. the recoil makes it easy to get headshots so even though it has low RPM i can down guys faster than your MG4 due to constant headshots. I don't care for the LSAT but i have made an HBAR/ERGO with kobra sight and it did wonders on lumpini garden once.

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2015

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, February 14th 2016, 5:55am

For me, it really depends on the map. Close range maps usually mean a higher RPM takes the cake. For the high rpm maps, I usually go m249 over the MG4,(Ergo + Suppressor) but the difference between the two is negligible. Longer range maps usually have me reaching for the RPK-12 or RPK. (HBar and Ergo)

As for least favorite, I'd have to say it's the PKP.
I love the math behind the statistics
It's possible to find me online at almost any given time, due to the fact that my schedule is hectic and rather non-existent.

Who needs sleep anyways?
(PC/PS4 gamer)

Various bf4 spreadsheets: (nothing special, just raw data from the Symthic website put into a spreadsheet to analyze all values at once)

Spoiler Spoiler

General Weapon spreadsheet:
BF4_Weapons_enhanced_UPDATED_2016
Soldier Equipment:
BF4_Gadget_Damage
Interactive Damage Table
bf4_dmg_at_range - Google Sheets
Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
bf4_sniper_guide
Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Charts
Suppressed bf4_sniper_guide
More user friendly Unsuppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Sniper rifle Bullet Drop Chart
More user friendly Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart
Friendlier Suppressed Sniper Rifle Bullet Drop Chart

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 8:01am

M249 has slightly better recoil stats than the MG4 while being equal in all other areas.

My favorite LMGs are the M249, M240Bravo, and AWS.

AWS for more run-n-gun, M249 for more of a mobile bullet hose, and the M240Bravo for a just "fuck everything between me and out-of-bounds" weapon. Anti-sniper, anti-hallway, anti-everything! Bipod sort of required, though.

The LSAT actually has really good mobility for an LMG, and I use it with good success, but I find the ROF somewhat lacking. Same with the Type88, I think it's too slow for the damage model. Controllable, yes, but my aggressive play style seems to like a slightly higher ROF.

These seem like they work really good as medium range weapons, but they kind of fall short everywhere else in my hands. I can stretch the M249 a fair bit out with good trigger control and accuracy, and my M240Bravo just wrecks it up close, but the medium-range built weapons I tend to have a hard time with as they seem too slow for up close and too weak for far away. Too niche if you ask me, so unless it's a heavier damage model I usually try and avoid weapons lower than 750RPM.

But some people really like that controlability, and there is something great to be said about those weapons if you can hold a bead on people. My play style is more dependent on twitch accuracy and mobility, so I tend to prefer slightly higher ROF and high damage over straight up controllability.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Watcher-45" (Feb 21st 2016, 8:11am)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 17th 2016, 8:35am

Keep in mind LMGs handle quite differently on console versus PC. On console you're at an obvious disadvantage against the aim assist AR/carbine crowd. I play HC mode on PS4 so take what I say with a grain of salt.

QBB-95:
My #1 weapon overall, though by a slim margin of less than 200 kills. I've got almost 5,600 kills now so you could say I've used it enough to know that it's almost unmatched for firepower when used correctly. It's laser accurate out to pretty long range, the 75-round drum means you can rip up large groups, the hipfire spray up close is good in a jam without needing to reload before I shoot the next guy, and in the hands of an experienced/skilled player that can maneuver and shoot accurately there is little that can match the QBB-95 for putting a large volume of accurate sustained fire on multiple targets. In other words, this thing is a flanker's dream backrage spam-cannon. This is really the one gun I feel that, even though there may be better choices for the current scenario, I can potentially take to any mode on any map and still perform adequately as long as I maneuver correctly (like compensating for the low ROF on CQB maps). I've been admin of two of the most popular mixed mode servers on PS3 and with Hangar 21 CTF, Propaganda obliteration, Pearl Market on varying modes, Lumphini Garden rush, Outbreak rush, and Metro conquest/CTF being many of our most commonly played maps (all infantry-only) I have to say my QBB-95 was well known for stacking some serious body counts. Propaganda in particular always seemed to have me pulling off 25-30+ kills, MVP, and usually a 2-3:1 K/D or better with that QBB-95 in my hands. It just absolutely annihilates infantry a squad at a time!

RPK:
This I use interchangeably with my QBB a lot, it's my #2 overall weapon with 5,408 kills accumulated so far. The QBB is for when I'm flanking, shooting at longer ranges, getting the drop large groups, and generally providing mobile fire support from a flanked or covered position. The RPK is what I being when I need to win those CQB head-on gunfights ramming the bomb down the enemy's throat or otherwise dealing with maps where I'm expecting more face-to-face action. If your aim is up to it, you can easily outshoot most assault rifles and carbines. An MTAR or FAMAS can be troublesome up close, but on HC the RPK is a devastating OSK headshot out to around 20m and three to the chest drop a guy at any range. I use it like a SCAR that has double the magazine capacity, less spread, laughably low recoil for a 7.62mm gun, and 100m/s higher muzzle velocity. Even with an ergo grip and no HB, SDec from a 3-shot burst is still one frame on a 30Hz server so it's a 3RB monster that will have even DMR users jealous. My enemies learn to hate it, my friends all know to fear it, and at times I have literally seen enemies running in fear when they hear me firing (usually on games where I'm already slaughtering whole groups repetitively). The RPK is, in the game's current state, quite possibly the best performing full-auto in terms of its overall balance of accuracy, power, and wide effective range combined with the large magazine; you just can't argue with 40+1 rounds of crazy accurate 7.62mm rounds flying at M416 velocity. Any 7.62mm AR immediately has half the magazine capacity, and the 7.62mm carbines have snail velocity with either a small 25-round mag or have the accuracy of a PDW with the recoil of a SCAR. Not hard to see why the RPK can be one of the most devastating anti-infantry weapons in the right hands, there's just nothing else that can match the package of damage, velocity, ammo capacity, low recoil, and good accuracy that it brings to the table. Honestly, I'm surprised more people don't use it (since I play mostly on servers that run DLC maps it's not like pretty much everyone there has premium).

There are many other good LMGs, but when I've got 5,400+ kills with those two and the next closest LMG is my PKP Pecheneg with 2,533 kills it's pretty obvious I heavily favor the QBB and RPK over anything else. Other LMGs serve a niche purpose, just none are the universal multi-role cannons quite like my Chinese bullpup and classic wooden Russian. Paired with a CZ75 pistol, that's about as versatile as a HC mode support player can get I'd say.
"We had defeated one disease after the next. Modern medicine had given us health and hope. A man's existence was no longer confined solely to his work, not that of women to childbearing. Science promised to deliver us heaven on earth, and we were happy to believe that. We had begun to live and our children were going to have it even better, this is something we were sure of.
............until the summer of 1914."
Are you ready for the trenches?

Date of registration
: May 8th 2016

Sunday, May 8th 2016, 11:26am

Infantry wise, my favorite is definitely the m249. It just kills so fast and is so easy to use with the 200 round box.

Least favorite would probably be a tie between the LSAT and RPK-12. Both guns shoot too slow to ever be competitive against ARs except at longer ranges, and even for longer ranges I feel like there are better alternatives like the M60 and Type 88.

And depending on the day the M240B could either be my favorite or most hated LMG. It either absolutely decimates everything in sight or it completely whiffs. Definitely a very inconsistent gun for me because of the spread increase and the randomness that goes with it, but when it works, it really does work.

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 22nd 2016, 10:52am

What attachments do you like on the m249?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 5:41pm

Pretty much all the lmgs are bad for domination and tdm

Date of registration
: Aug 1st 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 6:25pm

My favorite by far is the RPK. CQC? No problem with a 4 shot kill it can compete with assualt rifles like the SCAR-H. Medium? Git dunked on. Long range? Sniping has never been easier!

Least favorite has got to be the L86A1. I just find it very lacking and doesn't realy perform where i want to perform.

Pretty much all the lmgs are bad for domination and tdm

I suggest you look at the stats because that statement is very misinformed.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 7th 2016, 5:04pm

Horrible stability, I die a lot to assualt rifles and carbines when using them. They just feel very inconsistent