Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jul 28th 2014

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, October 29th 2015, 8:05am

Nice to see that the 870 now outdamages the UTS. That is, unless the UTS has flechette rounds, or is that a typo on the stats page?

The DOEnd going from 50 to 32 seems a bit harsh, though. I don't quite understand the reasoning, given that at those ranges you'd need pinpoint accuracy with multiple shots using a weapon that fires slower than a DMR with less consistency even with Full Choke. Guess it just makes it that much more unviable, but oh well.

I feel like it won't make that much a difference, but I don't usually measure my shotgun engagements with a stick during battle, so I don't know. Of course, the only possible effect is negative.

Date of registration
: Jul 22nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, October 29th 2015, 8:43am

The 'angles better than 45' bit isn't exactly specific data either :E

It is when you look at one of these.

Not even being funny, perfect visual explanation for you. Dotted lines mark 45 degrees, and 90 is in the middle.

Well look at you being smart : P

And do you see there an arrow explaining what 'better than 45' means in the head of the person compiling the change log? I'm pretty sure it's a language barrier kind of a problem on my end and that's why I was asking, but such answer was very much uncalled for : P

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, October 29th 2015, 9:25am

Better in the context of hitting vehicles with angle dependent damage means more perpendicular with respect to the vehicle's bounding box. So better than 45 degrees is larger than 45 degrees.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, October 29th 2015, 2:15pm

Well look at you being smart : P

Considering how infrequently I am actually smart, surely you could allow it this time :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, October 29th 2015, 3:04pm

Considering how infrequently I am actually smart, surely you could allow it this time :P

Sustained.

Date of registration
: Nov 26th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 10:56am

So what's the advantages of flechette rounds now? Reducing damage dropoff which is the main advantage of flechettes to bucks seems kinda... off for me. :huh:

Improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Date of registration
: Jul 28th 2014

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 11:07am

So what's the advantages of flechette rounds now? Reducing damage dropoff which is the main advantage of flechettes to bucks seems kinda... off for me. :huh:

Huh... I just did the math, and indeed it seems that even with the defensive perk/lower torso or leg hits, Buckshot always outdamages Flechette. I suppose its player penetration abilities make it useful for clearing out groups of enemies close together? That's really the only benefit, it seems.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 11:40am

I suppose its player penetration abilities make it useful for clearing out groups of enemies close together? That's really the only benefit, it seems.

A subjective view again but as somebody who has used buckshot 870 most of the BF4 time I can say the zero-penetration of buckshot is a killer in many situations. Can't shoot through the railings in stairs, can't shoot through even the thinnest cardboard box and so on. I admit it's not something that affects your every shot but it's painful in certain maps.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included