Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "ONI" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 28th 2014

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 2:45am

DICE's New Changes to BF4 Weapon Stats: Thoughts?

So after playing this game from launch until now, which is over 18 months, it seems that DICE is now deciding to sweep through the weapon balance and shake things up, as I'm sure you're aware.

New Weapons and Gun Master Mode Coming in Spring Patch
- News - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

projects/springweapons - Battlefield_4_CTE

I'm personally dreading this. I feel the game has perfect balance as-is, and that this could cause more problems than it hopes to solve (if it isn't broken, don't fix it). But I thought I'd hear what others have to think about it. I haven't participated too much in the CTE, so maybe I'm missing something.

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 2:58am

So after playing this game from launch until now, which is over 18 months, it seems that DICE is now deciding to sweep through the weapon balance and shake things up, as I'm sure you're aware.

New Weapons and Gun Master Mode Coming in Spring Patch
- News - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

projects/springweapons - Battlefield_4_CTE

I'm personally dreading this. I feel the game has perfect balance as-is, and that this could cause more problems than it hopes to solve (if it isn't broken, don't fix it). But I thought I'd hear what others have to think about it. I haven't participated too much in the CTE, so maybe I'm missing something.
which part exactly is the part of the patch that is troubling you?
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 6:12am

New balance is awesome, especially PDWs and LMGs.

It is a good time to have Battlefield 4.

Don't forget Suppression coming back too. What's funny is how everyone assumes that the picture they included is something new. It is not. It is how Suppression has always been scaled. It is just more exaggerated and harder to trigger than before. The principle is still the same.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (May 19th 2015, 9:18am)

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 6:41am

I feel the game has perfect balance as-is
Well that would explain why you're against changing things ;)

But unless you're a big fan of AEK/MG4/ACE/etc dominating all aspects of infantry combat (I'm personally not), the spring patch changes are mostly positive. Especially the suppression changes...this is as close as we will ever get to completely removing suppression physical effects from the game.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 7:49am

I don't know how the DMRs currently are in the CTE, but last time I checked, they apparently got their base ADS spread (while still) like doubled or something like that. The M39 EMR is already an inaccurate piece of trash in retail, and thus I hope DICE ends up leaving that weapon class alone. If anything needs to be done to DMRs, it's giving them the 2.13x headshot multiplier and the ability to hold breath. They need no nerfs whatsoever. . .

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 7:54am

I don't know how the DMRs currently are in the CTE, but last time I checked, they apparently got their base ADS spread (while still) like doubled or something like that. The M39 EMR is already an inaccurate piece of trash in retail, and thus I hope DICE ends up leaving that weapon class alone. If anything needs to be done to DMRs, it's giving them the 2.13x headshot multiplier and the ability to hold breath. They need no nerfs whatsoever. . .

They kinda did since they were able to do long range better than BAs out of their ease of use. Since buffing BAs isn't easy, it appears DICE opted to nerf DMRs instead.

Their range is about half of what it was before. Instead of 300m without HBar and 600 with, it is now 150m without and 300 with. The recent buff to their ADS minspread extends this a little farther IIRC.

I remember the lower HS multiplier is also to limit range.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 9:27am

mg4 fh stubby adadadad 200rb
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 10:10am

Only thing I am worried about is that using formulas to calculate variables make weapons too similar, which would be balanced but bit boring.
However what do I know as I don't do balancing. According to Viper, Haber and Sheepnub I'd be terrible at that, dunno why.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 11:09am

DMR changes are great, especially for the M39. While it needs HB for >125 m, it got reduced recoil in all directions and better recoil decrease, so using HB does not change much. SKS got lower gravity and less SIPS, SVD-12 got more centered recoil and a bit less H. 0.125 spread on most of the DMRs is not a big deal when you can still chose to use HB. All DMRs have much better recoil decrease. Only thing that got actually worse is dunking on BA users at 300 m and farther away. For an all kit long range option, DMRs work really great now.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, May 19th 2015, 12:06pm

Still this patch changes so much it is hard to estimate the overall impact it has on the game. I am concerned about the DMRs though, don't the changes make them a more viable option at closer ranges, which is what people especially here where always bothered about instead of enhancing their designated marksman role?

I fear though that I like the current state of the game too much, to be positively affected by the changes, though the shotgun changes come in handy, as I have two left to play. However I think there are such things as "overpatching" a game. I think they reached a point already where things should work out nicely. I hope they now focus on something different than gunplay, like engine enhancements optimizing the game and, of course, new content.