Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 12:38pm

yeah i have to keep reminding myself that alot of people on here are playing on PC which must be very different. every time i see someone bad mouth the QBB or type 88 saying that the m249 is better all round i have to remind myself that vertical recoil isn't as big a problem for pc users as it is on console (or so ive heard). seems like it would be a completely different game really.

even so, most people have always been bad at using HMGs. every time i saw someone getting on a stationary MG or Cobra/ Humvee MG in BC2 they always just started firing wildly all over the place, gave away their positions and got blown up. ive never seen anyone else who plays like me, using jeep and stationary MGs successfully. everyone else seems to just use the same playstyle. thats why i always try to stress their virtues in the hope that one day ill get blown away by a well aimed .50cal.....

?( wait

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, March 23rd 2015, 10:38pm

the video is good except the "low damage/ low velocity" part. the MG has 600 velocity (about average for MGs) and 25 max damage. it does have a low min damage of 16.7 but its damage drop off is very low (8m - 125m) so it still does more damage than most infantry weapons.

the major weakness is a firing rate of only 550 rpm. that's why accuracy is needed and a good grasp of bursting at long range/ going full auto at close range.

Yes, you're right in that 'low damage' is wrong. I think I confused low damage with long TTK when I was writing the script. You're right, the poor rpm is what really weakens it. (Moreover, this was written before they buffed the .50 cal, and nerfed infantry weapons.) 600 velocity seems to be on the slightly low end compared to most infantry LMGs and ARs, but apparently, I failed to consider carbines. I'll annotate the video appropriately in the next day or so. Thanks. I'm a little surprised I forgot to double check that particular statement.

However, you're wrong about the .50 cal's mindamage, it's actually 18 now.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 3:01am

thanks i didn't know they buffed it. all i had to go off was the outdated symthic stats for it. you wouldn't happen to know where i could find up date vehicle stats?

so at present it does 25-18 damage over 125m right? while the coax mg and sideport mgs do only 20-15.9 over 50m? ive never understood why the sideport ones have to be so weak. its already really hard to hit anything unless the vehicle stops

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 3:05am

thanks i didn't know they buffed it. all i had to go off was the outdated symthic stats for it. you wouldn't happen to know where i could find up date vehicle stats?

so at present it does 25-18 damage over 125m right? while the coax mg and sideport mgs do only 20-15.9 over 50m? ive never understood why the sideport ones have to be so weak. its already really hard to hit anything unless the vehicle stops

http://bfdata.juhala.io/#$
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 5:35am

thanks. do you know how to find vehicle weapons on there? i found infantry weapons ok and what i think is vehicle physics but it doesnt seem to have the weapons there

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,092)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 6:19pm

thanks. do you know how to find vehicle weapons on there? i found infantry weapons ok and what i think is vehicle physics but it doesnt seem to have the weapons there

Here are vehicle weapons.

Keep in mind that vehicle health is at least 500 (for jets and scouts IIRC) and Vehicle Hit points are calculated as the percentage of the damage you did out of that. And there are the hidden material multipliers as well. You'll have to search for each vehicle's health to confirm.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.