Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 2:40am

@NoctyrneSAGA

This is the Paris map, I won't bother explaining why it's a wreck here, you can just read the top comment (which is mine).

This is the Odessa map, it's essentially the first base of Kharg rush but as conquest, with an altitude advantage for the "defenders" over the whole map and a flag spawned Tunguska for the RU side to park at the hilltop and farm the US side as they desperately try to gain any ground. The guy who gets the MAA is going to be in for some serious KD padding, most rounds will most likely end with the US side hiding behind their carrier and waiting for the round to end with the occasional LAV doing a desperate dash for land only to get Jav'd by the mass of RU engineers entrenched on higher ground.

I don't understand why people love these lopsided maps. IMO the only lopsided map that has ever been playable was Karkand. That Paris map looks like absolute shit. 3 vs 2 tanks and the 2 have to assault across a bridge with no cover? Yeah that'll be super fun. :pinch:

Did Hanger 21 not ram the point home enough that fighting uphill sucks in battlefield? Carebear landing from 2142 was also an absolute wreck unless the PAC team had a legitimate walker pilot to archor every part of the push.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,859)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 2:44am

@NoctyrneSAGA

This is the Paris map, I won't bother explaining why it's a wreck here, you can just read the top comment (which is mine).

This is the Odessa map, it's essentially the first base of Kharg rush but as conquest, with an altitude advantage for the "defenders" over the whole map and a flag spawned Tunguska for the RU side to park at the hilltop and farm the US side as they desperately try to gain any ground. The guy who gets the MAA is going to be in for some serious KD padding, most rounds will most likely end with the US side hiding behind their carrier and waiting for the round to end with the occasional LAV doing a desperate dash for land only to get Jav'd by the mass of RU engineers entrenched on higher ground.

I don't understand why people love these lopsided maps. IMO the only lopsided map that has ever been playable was Karkand. That Paris map looks like absolute shit. 3 vs 2 tanks and the 2 have to assault across a bridge with no cover? Yeah that'll be super fun. :pinch:

Did Hanger 21 not ram the point home enough that fighting uphill sucks in battlefield? Carebear landing from 2142 was also an absolute wreck unless the PAC team had a legitimate walker pilot to archor every part of the push.

People have an unhealthy obsession with asymmetry even when it makes for unbalanced gameplay.

The amount of "Normandy pls" despite Noshahr Rush, Hainan Rush, etc. hasn't taught them much.

Let's brave enemy fire across open water some more I guess.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 1:29pm

*poll*
*community*
*Tunnellike maps with not enough flankspace or -routes as concepts*

...shivers
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 10:09pm

I created a concept on the first day which is balanced, but it didn't get much attention.

Here

I made the flag layout before even adding any terrain, then divided the map almost in half with a cliff face. The top of the cliff is interesting both visually and tactically as you can jump off to attack the points below. I could refine it more, but I didn't even get any feedback.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,859)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 10:18pm

I created a concept on the first day which is balanced, but it didn't get much attention.

Here

I made the flag layout before even adding any terrain, then divided the map almost in half with a cliff face. The top of the cliff is interesting both visually and tactically as you can jump off to attack the points below. I could refine it more, but I didn't even get any feedback.

This MS Paint is already far better than most of horrible suggestions like the ones C0llis so graciously dug up. This'd probably play fairly well. You got the bunker for CQB I assume. The cliffs would be a sniper nest but at least you know where they are (mostly). Best of all, it's symmetrical!
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 10:35pm

You got the bunker for CQB I assume.

Actually it should be big enough for vehicles to enter and use the vehicles elevators all the way in the back. So yes CQB, but with vehicles.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 11:38pm

@NoctyrneSAGA

It's been rebalanced and looks much better.
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,859)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 28th 2015, 11:53pm

@NoctyrneSAGA

It's been rebalanced and looks much better.

It still needs a lot of improvement.

The Eiffel Tower is in US territory and they can obviously use it for SOFLAM Javelin squad, unless there aren't any traditional ways of going up. Even then, the transport helicopter could drop them off at the very top. The RU team has no such terrain on their side. What sucks even more is that the Eiffel Tower provides direct line of sight down towards every flag and the spawns. There's a huge need for cover here.

Of course, my fear maybe entirely unfounded. Caspian Border used to have a gigantic tower for the US team. But it wasn't that useful since no one had an easy way of getting up there.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Mar 1st 2015, 12:01am)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 12:33am

I do think that the Eiffel Tower will be a tremendous advantage for the US team, primarily by being great cover for air vehicles. Jav squad is just icing on the cake. RU has no such feature on their end of the map, and they also have to fight across two bridges. Neither of those things are easily fixed (other moving the playable area).

The advantage of the Eiffel tower is further compounded by the rest of the map being relatively flat, most of the playable surface being on Champ de Mars and whatnot. If it's going to have any chance of being balanced the playable area should be turned 90 degrees, so that both factions start next to the river and fight their way to the Eiffel tower, possibly with some flags on the other side of the river.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "C0llis" (Mar 1st 2015, 2:02am)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,133)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, March 1st 2015, 11:46am

I just do not get why, whenever someone comes up with a concept of an urban map they choose the one spot that has no cover from above and no buildings at all. And they manage to include the ONE high vantage point with line of sight of everything else.

And yeah fighting uphill all the way is tremendously unnerving. The only good thing about it is that on these maps, like Mortar, Hangar 21 and so forth the top flags are just useless.

On asymmetrical maps, I would say it just feels good if you can win as the US on Noshar or Oman. For me having unbalanced maps is not the problem if you can clearly see that the US side is not in favour. However if you look at a map like Rogue Transmission, the faction that has E as their gimme-flag is fucked beyond belief, if a squad chooses to set up tents in there. Looking at the flag spread it seems balanced, but it clearly is lopsided. As for Oman, I just hate this map, because, yet this counts for so many maps, but never so true as here, that it forces you to get into vehicles, since they are all flag assets, and every LAV or Tank not stolen or taken is a huge debuff to your US team. Of course ou always have to cope with 2-4 guys that are dedicated only to snipe from cranes, the roof of the hotel or the construction site.

Honestly I doubt that anyone will come up with something remotely fun to play for me. I feel sorry but I am highly pessimistic about users ability to create map design appealing to a large base, and, sadly, even more about DICE's ability to give BF4 what it lacks in terms of map design. To me the whole custom map is more about marketing than to create a decent map.
The amount of sensible ideas just gets destroyed by the guy posting an utterly shit idea just to be applauded by idiots screaming "Yay more tanks!".