Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, January 13th 2015, 3:25am

The Revenge of the MB + AFG? M39 EMR Accuracy vs. Useability

First of all, a disclaimer: I have not thought this through, so I have no analysis nor conclusions at the moment. I just tend to do these kind of things when work is slow, at work, and now I am about to take off... so I want to post the data before I turn off the computer :P

In another thread, I looked at how the various attachments affect the hit rates of an MTAR-21 set to burst mode. Obviously Ergo Grip + Heavy Barrel is the most accurate in terms of specs, but also the most impractical due to the V-Recoil that the user would have to deal with. So, in that thread I came up with the idea of dividing the combined weapon hit rate for that attachment combination, with the accumulated V-Recoil with that setup, for a "useability" score.

Here is the same look at the M39 EMR: 3 rounds fired (high-damage DMRs need 3 to kill at all ranges), 1 million runs with Hitrater, center-mass aiming, 100m ADS - Not Moving weighted 67%, 50m ADS - Moving weighted 33%.

In terms of pure accuracy:

1. HB Ergo
  2. HB Stubby (-6.75%)
  3. Naked Ergo (-7.50%)
  4. Comp Ergo (-10.09%)
  5. MB Ergo (-10.11%)
  6. Naked Stubby (-11.67%)
  7. HB AFG (-12.36%)
  8. MB Stubby (-15.26%)
  9. Comp Stubby (-15.64%)
  10. Naked AFG (-18.68%)
  11. Comp AFG (-20.88%)
  12. MB AFG (-21.19%)

In terms of V-Recoil:

1. HB Ergo / HB Stubby
  2. Naked Ergo / Comp Ergo / Naked Stubby / Comp Stubby (-23.08%)
  3. MB Ergo / MB Stubby (-30.77%)
  4. HB AFG (-33%)
  5. Naked AFG / Comp AFG (-48.46%)
  6. MB AFG (-53.62%)

A quick glance at the 2 lists, show the Heavy Barrel + Angled Foregrip (12.36% less accurate but 33% less V-Recoil) gives you one of the better mixes between accuracy and useability. Muzzle Brake + Ergo Grip (10.11% less accurate but 30.77% less V-Recoil) is the other..

MB + AFG, though, has the biggest spread between accuracy and useability, at 21.19% less accurate but a whopping 53.62% less V-Recoil. When I tried to divide the combined accuracy scores with the V-Recoil values, it was just... the reverse ranking of V-Recoil, with MB + AFG on top. So, I'm not quite convinced, but that's what the numbers show: easiest to use, and perhaps not enough penalties to its accuracy to outweigh its ease-of-use.

Things that makes you go hmm....

The McGoat

The McMoose Murderer

(563)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, January 13th 2015, 3:49am

What numbers for ADS moving accuracy are you using? Not to mention the issue that is 3rnd burst with a DMR...

Still, interesting enough.

Date of registration
: Jul 16th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, January 13th 2015, 3:50am

Interesting.

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, January 13th 2015, 3:56am

What numbers for ADS moving accuracy are you using? Not to mention the issue that is 3rnd burst with a DMR...

I used the values from my Spread Values thread, which is admittedly outdated as HB ADS - Moving values have changed since then. However, since I am just presenting the attachment combos relative to each other, I doubt the rankings will be affected.

You can think of the 3 rounds being fired at max RPM and thus affected by full V-Recoil and Spread Increase Per Shot. V-Recoil values also have the First Shot Modifier applied 3 times.