Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 5:59pm

.50 cals, stationary and on jeeps

hi everyone, this is my first thread. i was wondering if anyone can link me to the stats for the jeep/ stationary MG. the stats pages here don't have it. I was also wondering if the MG on tank/ armoured car turrets does 25 damage like this site says or if it was nerfed to 24 like all the other guns. i'm hoping Dice forgot lol as the armoured cars are my best vehicles by far. barely anyone uses them properly though :(

i was also hoping someone could tell me what Dice's problem is with vehicle and stationary .50 cals. someone has told them they should do more damage right? personally i love them since they have no real spread or recoil to speak of and can just keep firing but it would certainly be nice for them to get a buff. i remember it was the same in BC2 and BF3, Dice somehow arrives at the conclusion that a sniper rifle should be able to get a OHK with a headshot but a heavy machinegun should take 5-7 shots to kill someone lol

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,875)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 6:08pm

I can't say for sure but this seems about right: http://bf4data.jjj.fi/#8_Final_Stand/Gam…HMG_Firing.dice

Source code

StartDamage 25.0
EndDamage 16.7
DamageFalloffStartDistance 8.0
DamageFalloffEndDistance 125.0
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 6:18pm

hate to be a tool, but that file was pretty confusing. i get the normal symthic stat pages but that was very dense.

would someone be able to tell me aboot the damage etc? im new to this whole symthic thing

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 6:39pm

hate to be a tool, but that file was pretty confusing. i get the normal symthic stat pages but that was very dense.

would someone be able to tell me aboot the damage etc? im new to this whole symthic thing
It does a max of 25 damage, which drops off to a minimum of 16.7 depending on the range.

Vehicle gunner station weapons are purposefully counter-intuitively weak to, ahem, "balance", the vehicle. For reasons that aren't completely invalid DICE decided that the gunner station is best as a supporting role: housing the repair support player under armor and giving them a weapon that is capable of close in defense. They also have powerful lasing capability built in.

That being said, since the last patch the gunner stations are quite accurate and a good gunner can wrack up a large number of kills. Probably makes sense that the weapon isn't comparable to the driver HMG.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 7:02pm

yeah i have the stats of the enclosed mg, that's on here under the vehicle section. (although i hope your right that it got to keep the 25 damage while everything else now does 24)

im looking for the stats for the gun on the light jeeps/ cars etc. im not sure if its just the same, it doesnt feel like it though.

on the subject of the tank/ armoured car/ lav turret though, i noticed that it carries its damage out to a much longer range than most guns (125m) which is a nice plus. i often cruise around in the heavy cars capturing flags and getting tons of kills with the mg, you just have to find the right spots and be quick at changing between seats.

while none of them quite live up the awesomeness that was the Vodnik from BF3, its still hilarious watching assaults run around helplessly unable to do any damage while recons and supports usually just have to run right at me trying for C4

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 7:06pm

The damage nerf only applied to full-auto and burst-fire primary weapons with 25 or more max damage.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 3rd 2014, 7:49pm

yeah i wasn't sure since the vehicle section says its outdated

Date of registration
: Nov 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 5:09am

It does a max of 25 damage, which drops off to a minimum of 16.7 depending on the range.

Vehicle gunner station weapons are purposefully counter-intuitively weak to, ahem, "balance", the vehicle. For reasons that aren't completely invalid DICE decided that the gunner station is best as a supporting role: housing the repair support player under armor and giving them a weapon that is capable of close in defense. They also have powerful lasing capability built in.

That being said, since the last patch the gunner stations are quite accurate and a good gunner can wrack up a large number of kills. Probably makes sense that the weapon isn't comparable to the driver HMG.

That is an interesting thought, but I think it is kind of counter-intuitive to what I would associate as the play style of a jeep driver in a BF game. I guess it makes sense if what they were trying to do was make the jeep a transportation platform and to keep the gunners away from combat, but I can't help but think they are too unstable a platform for this job, just too easy to kill it seems. It makes sense for the stationary ones though, assuming that they would be placed in good positions for it...
Avatar credited to PlagueOfGripes YouTube animation "Tour Guide Nixon"

"We need some goats in sexy lingerie"- men of the wall

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, December 7th 2014, 7:54am

That is an interesting thought, but I think it is kind of counter-intuitive to what I would associate as the play style of a jeep driver in a BF game. I guess it makes sense if what they were trying to do was make the jeep a transportation platform and to keep the gunners away from combat, but I can't help but think they are too unstable a platform for this job, just too easy to kill it seems. It makes sense for the stationary ones though, assuming that they would be placed in good positions for it...

The MRAPs are garbage in general, especially for transport and even moreso for combat. The gunner stations on the LAV and MBT are quite deadly though. It's the same gun in both cases, it's just actually viable on the other vehicles because they are tougher and have driver primaries.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, December 8th 2014, 12:04pm

dude seriously, look at my stats, i havnt been playing bf4 for long but the MRA vehicles are infinitely more effective than infantry weapons. the only things that can kill you are explosives and you have an infinite ammo machinegun for mowing down infantry and damaging light vehicles and you can move around the map much more freely. there really is n downside unless there are lots of tanks around and even then you can just bail out. you just have to get good at positioning, using the gun accurately (it has zoom too!) and you need to know when to pull back. the biggest mistake people make with these in BF3 and BF4 is drivig in way too close and getting c4'd. hang back and you'll tear s@$ up!