Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 11th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, December 19th 2014, 4:20am

Would MBT Guided / Gunner SOFLAM actually be a useful combo?
I don't have a designated driver, but the theory is solid. Not sure if competitive players use though (because HMG is more flexible and STAFF is 1 man capable). I run SOFLAM on gunner but most drivers (public servers - I am not familiar with competitive scene) disregard the Guided Shell due to not being useful without a SOFLAM/designator.

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, December 19th 2014, 5:12am

It's really nice with a teammate, especially on console with our hilariously slow tank turning rates. My buddy was farming gunner kills while running SOFLAM when going for his phantom assignment. Helps a lot in taking out choppers and winning tank fights but without a designated gunner they're useless.

Unless guided shell uses a funny material, it also is 450 damage.

Huh, I need to test that then. I've never failed to get the kill with a guided shell, it's entirely likely a few shots from my gunner or another source did 10% damage.

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, December 19th 2014, 5:23am

I don't have a designated driver, but the theory is solid. Not sure if competitive players use though (because HMG is more flexible and STAFF is 1 man capable). I run SOFLAM on gunner but most drivers (public servers - I am not familiar with competitive scene) disregard the Guided Shell due to not being useful without a SOFLAM/designator.

guided shell no, but TOW missile on LAV oh ya best AA a nice perch and you fucked the enemy team good,

but I don't mind having my gunner(IF I HAD ONE) use it while i quickly hop out and lock that laze in a sec with my JAV.

Personally I saw the Lock on nerf happening since IMO the role of the JAV is crits more specifically in another sense to be a stun or a slow to allow allies finish fast targets or running enemies(for example a tank going for cover).

I been using the JAV consistently only at 416 kills with it, it's a very situational launcher where as it requires you target be within 350m (? maybe 300m) where it's a beauty on transports like jeeps, skidoo, boats but on other "heavier armour" you need to be in cover also you are a sitting duck (if I can see them they can see me) there have been times where HMG pops their heads other times I'm drifting into cover.

But it can break maps specifically any maps where you have to cross water (though that may be on map design rather game mechanics).

Also you have to remember that, when it does hit a lazed target that mobility hit is quite large still, opening an opportunity for others to engage only target that I think could survive is a scout chopper but try to repair 3 javs simultaneously.

lastly it's 3 people to pretty much destroy all enemy armour with in a few minutes(same can be said about jihad vehicles), but even though you give them one of the most powerful assets and all it takes is 3 people it's rarely used mainly cause teamwork and communication is never on the radar.
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Krolman" (Dec 19th 2014, 5:28am)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, December 19th 2014, 6:43am

Patch is out. 8o
Who Enjoys, Wins

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, December 19th 2014, 6:45am

Patch is out. 8o

Lies.

Just the patch notes are.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, December 19th 2014, 6:49am

Patch is out. 8o

Lies.

Just the patch notes are.

I'll be more specific next time. :pinch:
Who Enjoys, Wins

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, December 19th 2014, 2:13pm

The CTE Christmas re-skins are glorious.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, December 19th 2014, 4:30pm

Personally I saw the Lock on nerf happening since IMO the role of the JAV is crits more specifically in another sense to be a stun or a slow to allow allies finish fast targets or running enemies(for example a tank going for cover).

The most powerful launcher in the game "mostly stuns."

What a joke. You would think that it just shut down all tanks everywhere in BF3 for how hard the nerf came.

Prevent it from locking on to light vehicles and give it some teeth against tanks DICE. Bah.

Misnomer

Don't Prox Me Bro

(497)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, December 19th 2014, 6:25pm

Also

Quoted

Manual SRAW turning reduced
•Manual SRAW range reduced
•SRAW inner blast radius increased
•SRAW blast damage reduced
•Laser Designated SRAW damage reduced

Goodbye SRAW. Last good launcher in the game, nerfed for pilots. Can't wait for the hilarious "skill" argument.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, December 19th 2014, 6:44pm

Well, it didn't need to have the extreme turning radius it previously had. That turning radius only came into play after missed shots (loopylooplol), manually guided shots ("first tries") rarely needed that amount of turn speed. The sraw dealing the same amount of damage as the rpg with the ability to always score 90 degree hits was also a bit excessive imo.

That said, I don't know what the new values are, could someone with the knowledge post them here?

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?