Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

This post by "ToTheSun!" (Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 9:59pm) has been deleted by user "Labby" (Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 10:01pm)

This post by "BleedingUranium" (Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 10:01pm) has been deleted by user "Labby" (Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 10:01pm)

This post by "ToTheSun!" (Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 10:03pm) has been deleted by user "Labby" (Thursday, October 16th 2014, 6:14am)

This post by "Misnomer" (Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 10:22pm) has been deleted by user "Labby" (Thursday, October 16th 2014, 6:15am)

This post by "ToTheSun!" (Wednesday, October 15th 2014, 10:51pm) has been deleted by user "Labby" (Thursday, October 16th 2014, 6:15am)

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, October 16th 2014, 3:23am

Note: My suggestion is to make medkit healing only come to a complete halt if the player receives physical damage (e.g. every time they take a hit, healing is paused for 5-10 seconds). Suppression on it's own shouldn't be enough to stop medbag healing.
Perhaps that speaks to the core demographic, but I do not like the idea that you reward mental agility to a much greater degree than mental acuity.
It's not the core demographic as much as it's the core gameplay - BF4 is a first person shooter at heart. If I was to be a bit more descriptive, I'd call it an objective-based first person shooter with optional vehicle combat. In MANY ways BF4 is already far less twitch-based than other shooters due to the player counts and map sizes. For example, it's vastly more effective to be in the right place at the right time than having fast reflexes. Most weapons are designed to only be accurate if you're standing still and ADS'ing. Those are just a few of the many things that make BF4 quite strategic.
The medbag change is great, because frankly, if you're not incapacitated and someone is shooting at you, you're not going to get the bandages out and start strapping yourself up. Also how exactly do you bandage yourself while firing your gun anyway.... The medbag is 'space magic' as it is. Also it will greatly reduce the effectiveness of players who log into metro/locker and fire m320s/airburst through a doorway for 3 hours hugging a medbag. The kind of players that even when you finally flank and a thin the choke out, stay in the doorway and let the enemy retake their positions.
A soldier can absolutely bandage themselves when they are 100% sure they are safe behind a solid piece of cover. If I'm sitting behind a rock (or an indestructible wall) I SHOULD be able to bandage myself even if bullets are flying 2 feet away from me. In fact I'm pretty sure soldiers during WW1 wrote goddamn LETTERS while bullets were flying overhead. But nope, apparently my videogame soldier can't heal himself even though I'm 100% sure he's safe behind cover because of suppression effect.

Only direct hits should make healing come to a complete halt. Not suppression.
Also it will reward the tactical sacrifice - player 1 storms the building, does 75 damage to enemy then dies. While the enemy is heal locked, player 2 makes their way in, pops off the last 25 and revives their team-mate. That in itself encourages and rewards team-play.
My suggestion will have that exact result. Since you dealt 75 physical damage to the enemy, you have now stopped his healing for a good 5-10 seconds and made it that much easier for your teammates to storm the building. Tactical sacrifice rewarded.

This post by "JSLICE20" (Thursday, October 16th 2014, 3:37am) has been deleted by user "Labby" (Thursday, October 16th 2014, 6:15am) with the following reason: maymays

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, October 16th 2014, 3:40am

If bullets are flying close enough to cause suppression, you're not in cover.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, October 16th 2014, 8:23am

So suppression is only caused by direct hits? I don't think that's right.

Last I heard suppression had something like a ~1 meter (or was it 1.5?) bubble which can easily extend further than the piece of cover you're 100% safe behind.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, October 16th 2014, 8:27am

So suppression is only caused by direct hits? I don't think that's right. Last I checked suppression had something like a ~1 (or was it 1.5?) meter bubble which can easily extend further than the piece of cover you're 100% safe behind.

No.

He's saying that if you're being Suppressed, crawl deeper into cover.

And it's 1.5m centered around the head. So instead of hanging right around the edge of your cover, it is highly advised to stay at least 1.5m deep into whatever cover you're using.

For a corner, be 1.5m away from the corner instead of right around it.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.