Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, April 16th 2015, 4:40am

Well then they need to tie squad spawns to actual direct hits don't they? E.g. no squad spawning within 5-8 seconds of taking a direct hit.

You completely misread it. The current issue is that because suppression was reduced at close range, squad spawning under fire is much more common. That can be fixed by simply lowering the required suppression threshold. It's a simple oversight that will be corrected to function exactly how it was before.

The only person talking about that system being mainly about direct hits is you.
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, April 17th 2015, 1:20am

Updating Post

Updated Post

Not like scope sway is needed anymore.

There's no need to dick around with your aim when your actual effective range has been reduced.

Also very nice to see the hidden maxspread penalties on the Comp and MB go away.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Apr 17th 2015, 1:29am)

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, April 17th 2015, 2:21am

There's no need to dick around with your aim when your actual effective range has been reduced.
Who are you? What have you done with Noctyrne? 8|

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 17th 2015, 2:34am

Who are you? What have you done with Noctyrne? 8|

It's the truth though.

Scope sway was absolutely useless in terms of actually getting the job done. It's a familiar pattern that can be compensated for single shot weapons. It ultimately affected automatic weapons more because of funky recoil compensation. Sniper Rifles really only suffered from scope sway and it didn't do jack shit in cutting effective range. If you knew what you were doing, your shot would be as accurate as ever. If it's useless, you either make it better or you get rid of it. Otherwise, it's a waste of resources.

With the implementation of SIPS, recoil penalties, and minspread for bolt actions, scope sway isn't needed at all anymore.

DICE removed something that was actually useless in getting the job done because something better has been added.

Another way of putting it is that with the implementation of the new Suppression system, scope sway has been made completely irrelevant. It makes no difference whether or not it stays because it isn't the major contributor to Suppression.

If Suppression was an organism, then scope sway would be akin to the fake vampire teeth costume stores sell at Halloween. It looks scary, but it doesn't actually hurt you unless you're a complete wuss.

DICE has tossed out those fake vampire teeth and replaced them with real fangs. These do hurt. And it gets the job done.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 17th 2015, 2:37am

^ That. Also, scope sway is by far the most annoying aspect anyway.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 17th 2015, 2:45am

Now I'm wondering why they went with 85% instead of 100% (i.e. removal).

In theory the sway is only going to be noticeable on 8x scopes or higher now, and I'm not sure snipers need that staying around considering full suppression now makes them as inaccurate as AR's.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 17th 2015, 2:52am

In theory the sway is only going to be noticeable on 8x scopes or higher now, and I'm not sure snipers need that staying around considering full suppression now makes them as inaccurate as AR's.

Sway and base spread are the only two real factors that affect SRs, so it's needed. All guns have scope sway even without suppression anyway.
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 17th 2015, 2:56am

To make it visible that your gun isn't going to be shooting as accurately as before.

Reduced amplitude makes its impact on aim minute while still making it obvious that something has changed.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 17th 2015, 3:16am

To make it visible that your gun isn't going to be shooting as accurately as before.

Reduced amplitude makes its impact on aim minute while still making it obvious that something has changed.

Which makes sense because a visual effect is far clearer than something as vague as scope sway (which already happens naturally for high-power scopes).

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 18th 2015, 1:39am

Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Apr 18th 2015, 1:47am)