Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jul 22nd 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, April 14th 2015, 10:46am

I don't see why the suppresion effect should magically go away when you kill a guy. It should work the same as if he simply stopped shooting.

edit. and it's totally teamwork - one can simply bring a squadmate to cover ones ass.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, April 14th 2015, 7:01pm

Yeah, boo-hoo if you're suppressed. Especially if you're sniping, that's a good cue to reload, relocate, and let them think they scared you off.

Suppression should be a soft counter to snipers and enemies behind cover or at range- a hard counter being indirect fire. I'm perfectly in favor of snipers receiving more optic sway and minspread increases while suppressed as long as the effectiveness of snipers is increased at long ranges- but otherwise I think things are fine now with how DICE's overall game design is concerned. It doesn't affect me in the slightest as a sniper because if you aren't relocating after kills you deserve to get your ass mortar'd/UCAV'd/Suppressed.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, April 14th 2015, 8:41pm

Updating Post

Updated Post
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Apr 14th 2015, 8:47pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 1:29am

So you guys wanted suppression to be an active decision made by the player (which was somewhat accomplished) but then you want the effect to stay up passively on the player for several seconds even if you've stopped firing or died (i.e. are failing to actively suppress).

Make up your minds guys. Should bleeding be implemented as well, so over the next 30 seconds the player slowly bleeds out even after he's killed the guy who wounded him?

Teamwork, right?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 1:47am

Make up your minds guys. Should bleeding be implemented as well, so over the next 30 seconds the player slowly bleeds out even after he's killed the guy who wounded him?

Teamwork, right?

I don't see why not. Exact implementation is up for debate but it's certainly an interesting idea.

After all, vehicles already have this.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 2:07am

So you guys wanted suppression to be an active decision made by the player (which was somewhat accomplished) but then you want the effect to stay up passively on the player for several seconds even if you've stopped firing or died (i.e. are failing to actively suppress).

Teamwork, right?
That is a very good thory for kill trading *clap*clap*

Anywho, the passive suppresion is logical, because if it weren't so then a sole person could take cover to avoid fire and have a whole squad (possibly) spawn on him. How would you like to be shooting at one person, and then all of a sudden your getting shot at by 2 to 5 people? Doesn't sound so appealing to me
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 3:40am

Anywho, the passive suppresion is logical, because if it weren't so then a sole person could take cover to avoid fire and have a whole squad (possibly) spawn on him. How would you like to be shooting at one person, and then all of a sudden your getting shot at by 2 to 5 people? Doesn't sound so appealing to me
Easily addressed by tying squad spawn to health auto-regen. I believe the current timer is 8-10 seconds after taking damage/suppression and then your health starts to come back on it's own. If someone is able to auto-regen, squad spawn should be allowed on them.

Simple.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 3:44am

If suppression should stop immediately when you stop taking fire, obviously health should be regenerating immediately after you're hit as well. I wonder why it doesn't.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 4:00am

If suppression should stop immediately when you stop taking fire, obviously health should be regenerating immediately after you're hit as well. I wonder why it doesn't.
Auto-regen timer. Test it by taking fall damage (no suppression), then count the seconds it takes for auto-regen to start.

Falling under suppression resets+pauses the timer, and when suppression ends the timer resumes.

At least that's how I think the system works, I could be horribly wrong.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Xuvial" (Apr 15th 2015, 7:03am)

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, April 15th 2015, 7:08am

Auto-regen timer. Test it by taking fall damage (no suppression), then count the seconds it takes for auto-regen to start.

Falling under suppression pauses the timer, and when suppression ends the timer starts again.

At least that's how I think the system works, I could be horribly wrong.
The point

Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.