Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, April 13th 2015, 6:04pm

Why no bump of 75 BA MinDmg? "Assist Counts as Kill" you know! 100 MaxDmg is just to give BAs at least some 'edge' of survivability in surprising CQB fights.
because in hardcore, you have 60 health. You could hit someone anywhere at any distance, Defensive Perk Set or not and it'd still be a OHK.

For comparison, go play BF3 Hardcore with a sniper rifle -- it's not hard at all.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, April 13th 2015, 6:07pm

If thats the only reason, then Hardcore has to set health to 80 and we are done. Problem solved.
still playin' Motorstorm

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, April 13th 2015, 6:43pm

Quoted

If thats the only reason, then Hardcore has to set health to 80 and we are done. Problem solved.

Heh. That's funny.

Hardcore players will shit their pants seeing this

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, April 13th 2015, 7:32pm

Yeah how about GTFO, that sounds good to me.

BA min to 60 would be fine, you'd still be able to stop 1HKs with Defensive spec.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, April 13th 2015, 8:13pm

The thing is: Sniper Rifles are already bad at close range. Like I said. They rarely get a OHK. Like I said. A reverse damage model would change close to nothing about the "OP" nature of Bolt Actions. I still finish off my kills with my pistol or I get that headshot. Where we came from? The Straight Pull Bolt bug which limits Sniper RIfles in an unbelievable way for both close and long range. Where we are now? Being pissed about each other because of different definitions of skill and aggressive recons. Why? Because many argued "mimimi pick the right weapon for the right engagements" and I had to defend both the playstyle and why the bug is misplaced. Among that, a discussion about a reversed damage model which does nothing to solve the problem. The bugged straight pull bolt. It would help making BAs less mediocre at long ranges. Boosted velocities would to sth similar.

I don't even know what to say anymore at this point. I can't believe how you can defend a fucking bug.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, April 13th 2015, 8:44pm

Yeah how about GTFO, that sounds good to me.

BA min to 60 would be fine, you'd still be able to stop 1HKs with Defensive spec.

:D Sry, but I had to smile simply due to the fact, that sb got mad about that nonsense I wrote. Ofc changing health is not a solution. It just makes things worse somewhere else.

Which makes me even more smile is the fact that you want to raise BA min to 60, which makes a OHK again, so you might as well go with the 75 MinDmg. Using Body Armor to avoid 1HK at any Sniper Distance is not the way it was designed as far as I know and 1HK at extreme ranges is a unique stat of Pick-Ups only.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Jan 10th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, April 13th 2015, 9:09pm

Hello Symthic community! This is my first post here :) .

@DerAstrophysiker

I think your "bug" was mentioned in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofzNEvtVJeU

Yeah, this is a Sgt Enigma's video and as much as I don't like his voice I think he presented this "mechanic" pretty good. It is mentioned something around 0:35. I haven't watched this video to the end because I don't care about his opinion about it.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,284)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, April 13th 2015, 9:29pm

Updating Post

Updated Post
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Apr 13th 2015, 9:34pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, April 13th 2015, 9:58pm

Why no bump of 75 BA MinDmg? "Assist Counts as Kill" you know! 100 MaxDmg is just to give BAs at least some 'edge' of survivability in surprising CQB fights.

Because Hardcore

An acceptable middle ground, instead of OHK chest shots at range, would be a damage model that nets Sniper Rifles Assist Counts As Kills at long range, so over 75.

This would be a very fair balance between the balanced but unrewarding 2HKs and probably overpowered and annoying OHKs.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Feb 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, April 13th 2015, 10:05pm

The average sniper needs all the help it can get in HC. OHK @ most ranges or bust.