Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 12:47pm

Dice have already explained that suppression scales with distance, and that it depends on the weapon type. IMO it's quite intuitive that an LMG is better at suppressing than, say, a PDW or an AR.

You do not really need to know the suppression value of each individual weapon at each individual range in order to utilize suppression (not to mention that that information is pretty useless to a human being in a real game because it's humanely impossible to note how far from the enemy player's head each bullet flies, scale the suppression value accordingly, and add up the suppression of all your bullets).

All you need to know is whether you have a LMG or not and the relative distance to the enemy. Then you know that firing in their general direction is going to decrease their DPS at range. It works the same way on the receiving end: "I'm suppressed!" -> "I'm less accurate" -> "I need to be more careful, and possibly relocate or let the suppression fade".

You do not need to know the individual suppression values to use suppression, just as you do not need to know the individual weapon stats in order to use a given weapon or know how to respond when taking fire.

Edit: I like all the weapon changes in the patch, can't wait to see some Symthic style patch notes.

Also, what is the intended ROF of the Mare's Leg? I've understood the Mare's Leg to be a long range upgrade to the .44, but as long as the ML has worse spread than the .44 and no access to the HB the ML just seems gimmicky to me, especially with all those high-power scopes.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "C0llis" (Apr 11th 2015, 1:08pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 1:38pm

Obviously, everyone should rely on some random person on a random forum with the ability to decompile the files to put them into a readable format ;o

you mean like all the other extremely important stats in the game that you "need" to come here to know about?

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 2:58pm

Admittably not a strong point but whatever

With how much of a backlash it's already getting, I think it's gonna have to be tuned down anyway. While I'm not a fan of the system I don't really care either way

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 3:01pm

Woo! Man do i miss supression! I honestly was wondering how long it would take to be reimplemented. Everybody better head to the store and stock up on salt, cuz the suppression train is coming thru!
In modern USA, the Pig roasts you!

Who loves a good ole custom chainsaw!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 3:19pm

Having read discussions about suppression during the years of BF3 and currently in BF4, I can cut the audience up in two sides:

1. one side that does not seem to fully fathom the idea of suppression, or barely knowing what it actually means and how it functions in real life (authentically) and hating on it because it interferes with their perception of FPS aim and shoot skills. They think rewarding players for missing should not happen. This 'rewarding for missing' reveals the midset of those players.

2. one side that holds suppression dear because it adds another level of tactics to the gunplay, brings the 'positioning' and 'fire' in firefight and more suspense and longetivity to the action itself.
They accept multiple effects like increased spread and recoil because they understand it is deemed necessary to mitigate some of the real life suppression effects into the game in order for suppression to work succesfully.

I always ask the first group: do you think the following is fun and the near pinnacle of skill and should belong in the game: that a sniper will headshot you l33t CS style with the first shot while you've put him under heavy LMG fire 100m away, all within 2 seconds?
If they say yes, their mindset does not belong to the field of authentic firefights and games that try to mimick that but in the field of more shallow 'competitive' putting X on Y games like CS.

DICE cant please both sides without making the other one rather pissed. Same happened in BF3. DICE should lean on at what they originally meant with the suppression system for BF and disregard the whine (of in my eyes the more CS orientated group).
RIP Sraw

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "Iwo_Jima" (Apr 11th 2015, 3:31pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 3:44pm

Well, at least people got the recoil they were askdng for...
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 4:43pm

Yes, more recoil is the pinnacle of skill, but obviously a system where you have to assess each situation more individually and adapt to changing conditions is the antithesis of skill.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 4:49pm

Is suppression flinch back? If so, damnit, why did you have to reintroduce "random" to suppression...

I like the idea of added recoil, it was just the random flinch that I disliked about suppression.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 4:53pm

Does anyone know how fast max suppression is applied throughout the weapon classes and distances?

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, April 11th 2015, 5:01pm

• Fixed alignment of pistol iron sights (M1911, Taurus44) //about time!
  • Set 1P weapons to on demand loading //looks like this should fix the "no weapon when first spawning" problem. Huzzah!
    Corrected magazine sizes:
  • G18(20->18 ) //took me a few minutes to come to terms with this... Just hope that the machine pistol buffs counteract some of this. Kinda wish that they'd increase their magazine pools by one each as well: two spare mags ain't enough!
  • M93R(21->16) //semi-understandable since the model looks more like an M9 with the Raffica's foregrip thrown on for kicks.
  • CZ75 (12->13) //this one is pleased by this.
  • U-100 (46->31) //saw this one coming. Now the L86 has some company
  • RPK74M (46->41) //is this what I think it is?

Miscellaneous fixes:
  • Reduced spare magazine count on revolvers(5->4) and DEagle(4->3).
    To reduce the use as a “primary” weapon due to their high damage potential. //-sigh- WELP looks like I'll have to use it with the Support class to get it mastered now... uncool.
  • Changed JS2 to 9x19mm 31/5 // 8| Interesting...
  • New bullet created for RPK74M, 30-20dmg 8-65meters. //IT IS WHAT I THINK IT IS 8o THE REALISM HYPE IS REAL!!! It's been a long time since I've had a smile this wide on my face!

Suppression now affects weapon recoil //CONFLICTED. Do agree that it should be in the game -- this isn't CounterStrike/CoD -- but at the same time they're giving the LMG's back some of the teeth they lost with the max spread nerfs :S
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CobaltRose" (Apr 11th 2015, 5:07pm)