Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Rizn-Nuke

first!!! denied...

(458)

• "Rizn-Nuke" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 1:53pm

CTE grenade tweaks proposal

So. Patch #13 is out and brought some heavy nerfs to grenades and their resupply times

Spoiler Spoiler

Reduced RGO capacity 2->1
Reduced RGO inner blast radius 1.65->1
Reduced v40 capacity 3->2
Reduced v40 blast radius 7->6
Reduced v40 inner blast radius 2.5->1
Increased ammo bag pickup time for grenades:
Flashbang 5s->9s
RGO 7s->25s
v40 8s->13s
Handflare 1s->6s
M18 5s->9s
M34 8s->25s
M67 5s->25s
XM25 DART 1s->3.5s (5->4 rounds)
XM25 3.5s->6s
40mm 3GL 8s->18s
40mm Smoke 2.5s->5s (matching flashbang now)
40mm LVG/HE 8s->9s

I like the idea of nerfing resupply so that grenade spam becomes less likely. HowEver this heavily impairs the ability to resupply grenades in a "regular" play type, as you have to ist on an ammo crate for up to 25 seconds. Unacceptable If you ask me.
So this is where I would like to make a proposal

[taken from my post on CTE Forums]

Imho there should be a timer which "prevents" you from getting grenades for 20 seconds after you've thrown one. Then you could make the real resupply time 5 seconds or some such again. This would mean that someone who casually throws a grenade and then gets back to fighting (or relocating) could resupply his grenades fast without having the ability to spam. Opinions on this?

What do you think of this? If you like the idea and maybe are in CTE, maybe "bumping" the idea on the forums might show some results (still the optimistic here)

Bullets may have your name on them, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Quoted from "ViperFTW"

"Pff, c'mon. You know I'm like the crazy homeless man who lives in the postbox, everyone ignores me but I'M GONNA KEEP TALKING ABOUT SHIT ANYWAYS :DDD"

Spoiler Spoiler

"I don't think I've ever moved THAT fast xD. Next time a bear's chasing me say he'll hack my acount if he catches me xDD" -Vip3rFTW

I've sat and came up with 3 theories about your PC, Rizn.
1) Its constructed by Satan and every so often it'll crash to a Red Screen that just says "Another must fall", which is your queue to go out, find a virgin, kill her and pour the blood over the beating-heart-like processor within
2) Its powered by some secret military/alien tech.
3) (My sister's idea) Its powered by the core of the Earth and is, as a direct result, responsible for climate change. Your PC being able to run the BF4 beta without crashing/lagging will destroy humanity

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 3:00pm

I do not like these changes, I still rarely get killed by them and mostly it is the RGO anyway. DICE just failed to implement the Mini and M67 properly and in a balanced way. First the V40 and the RGO were on the same level, now the Mini is close to useless in regular play and the M67 is not used by anyone.

Also the throwing concept is so bad in BF4 and 3 that we need the RGO and the mini to work as they do. If we could eactually have an influence on how far and strong you throw we would not have to worry about grenade balance at all.

That being said, I find grenades to be a problem more or less exclusive to higher player counts in environments that are not suited for 64 or 48 players. So it is more an issue of map design.

Also they are turning to many levers at once again, they are tweaking every aspect of grenades again. Tweaks should be more considerate and slowly. I do support longer resupply though.

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 4:09pm

I couldn't agree with the both of you more - and I like the proposal, however, right now, I'm pretty damn mad at DICE. It already takes forever to resupply grenades, even if you are using them more tactically (if thats possible). Also, what the hell? M34 Incendiary was the last grenade to need a longer resupply time.

However, it's great that DICE is finally reducing the number of RGO and Minis - this was honestly a no brainer since day one.

Also, interesting to see the XM25 get a capacity nerf (which I've never seen once on the battlefield).

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 4:09pm

An easier way would be to make ammo sachets resupply grenades (with the new resupply timers). So after taking one you'll eventually get your grenade(s) back
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 4:40pm

Why not only let grenades restock when you're at zero?
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,678)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 4:57pm

Twenty five seconds, 25! of sitting on an ammopack to get a SINGLE grenade back. That's essentially saying, if you AREN'T camping an ammobox in 64p metro/locker blobbing at chokepints, you will never get grenades resupplied. the PRIMARY way of resupplying grenades for actual normal gameplay, will be death.

SEEMS REASONABLE.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

mmacola

Console Testing Bro

(137)

Date of registration
: Nov 23rd 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 5:02pm

Great changes! Now commander supply crates are very valuable (insta resupply) and so are support users using the perk tree that allows 2 ressuply boxes (on extreme cases 5 if they choose to bring ammo bags with them)

This is there just so your grenades are more valuable (plus the M67 became much more attractive with these changes)

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 5:14pm

Great changes! Now commander supply crates are very valuable (insta resupply) and so are support users using the perk tree that allows 2 ressuply boxes (on extreme cases 5 if they choose to bring ammo bags with them)

This is there just so your grenades are more valuable (plus the M67 became much more attractive with these changes)
Don't forget about the grenadier perk
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 5:18pm

Bad M34 made even worse.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Thursday, July 24th 2014, 6:12pm

Imho there should be a timer which "prevents" you from getting grenades for 20 seconds after you've thrown one. Then you could make the real resupply time 5 seconds or some such again. This would mean that someone who casually throws a grenade and then gets back to fighting (or relocating) could resupply his grenades fast without having the ability to spam. Opinions on this?

best idea 2014