Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Retribution Iv" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, May 12th 2014, 4:58am

Proposed change to the FAC. (Critical thresholds solution)

So I was watching a video Xfactor did today about the Javelin being able to chain disable the FAC. Now looking into the vehicle stats the ground armour being the MBT and IFV have one thing that the FAC does not have which is reactive armour which increases the damage threshold. Without reactive armour all of these vehicles have a light critical threshold of >29 and a heavy critical threshold of >39. However putting Reactive armour on increases the damage thresholds to >39 and >44 on the MBT and IFV. Now the Javelin does 30 damage which is the light critical on the ground vehicles without reactive armour and is always a light critical hit on the FAC.

Now down to the proposed change. Potentially add in Belt Armour which is a layer of heavy metal armour plated onto or within the outer hull of warships. This would be in the upgrade slot and bring the damage threshold to be in line with the MBT and IFV with reactive armour at >39 and >44. The FAC is the only main staple vehicle that doesn't have a reactive armour or gyro stabilizer like upgrade.
Belt armor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What do you guys think?
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, May 12th 2014, 4:59am

I hate to sound like a dick, but there's this thing called Smoke that does that already.

That said, it'd be a neat thing to have to avoid the generally stupid TV derping that accompanies boat battles.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 12th 2014, 5:06am

I hate to sound like a dick, but there's this thing called Smoke that does that already.

That said, it'd be a neat thing to have to avoid the generally stupid TV derping that accompanies boat battles.
Indeed there is smoke for a direct counter the javelin. My premise was initially to solve the javelin problem, however upon looking at the vehicle stats more it begs the question: Why does the helicopter have gyro stabilizer and the MBT, IFV & MAA all have reactive armour but the FAC doesn't have a similar upgrade?
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, May 12th 2014, 5:09am

Because it already has two splash primaries, Zunis, passive radar heatseekers, a fucking AA cannon and TV missiles available.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,156)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, May 12th 2014, 5:10am

It's a boat. It doesn't instantly sink when it's hit with a tank round nor does it instantly sink when hit by the Gunship.

We don't need to make Poseidon even stronger.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, May 12th 2014, 6:16am

My solution would be to make IR smoke reload as fast as smokescreen. That way IR smoke can be a sort of 'definite' CM against lock-ons (there's still a small window tho)

This should also apply to other vehicles
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, May 12th 2014, 6:37am

A IR smoke buff would be much better than trying to introduce some new perk

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, May 12th 2014, 7:02am

What about do something about the extinguisher? The boats do have extinguishers right?

mmacola

Console Testing Bro

(137)

Date of registration
: Nov 23rd 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, May 12th 2014, 7:03am

The boats deserve it. Son of a gun moves at 90+km/h, and capable of very adaptive loadout? Let it be vulnerable when hit.

Xfactor's reasoning that it "shouldn't have to seek cover" when advancing is ridiculous.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 12th 2014, 8:15am

Lol alrighty, I take it people don't want the boat to be any stronger. Just tossing ideas out there. If they did implement Belt Armour they wouldn't need to add any new appearance to the boat as it's within the hull of the boat, so it would just be a matter of changing the thresholds. I don't find the boat that OP personally, when I play the jets (& sometimes helicopters) take a massive dump on them and some of the maps don't have as much cover on the ocean as others which would make the threshold increase nice.
- Gen. George S. Patton