Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, May 7th 2014, 5:52pm

Last I checked, bodies can absolutely stop bullets. In fact, many bullets are designed to expand and stop within the body cavity. Granted, high caliber or FMJ rounds will penetrate, but they will still lose kinetic energy. No matter how you look at it, if a corpse is between you and a bullet, the bullet will not be as effective.
You speak of realism? (pointless in bf4 anyway) But let's remember than in war nearly every soldier is wearing body armor.

Hollow-Points
Do I need to mention buckshot? That's not penetrating anything.

Isn't every army limited to ball ammo by Geneva Convention? As we know, ball ammo is supposed to go right through, because bullets doing more damage than enter and exit hole are prohibited.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 7:35am

Isn't every army limited to ball ammo by Geneva Convention?

The Geneva Convention is protection for prisoners of war and civilian non-combatants. What you are referring to is the Hague Conventions, specifically the parties will abstain from using "bullets which expand or flatten easily in the human body." The US didn't ratify this part, but pretty much all the signing countries did. Sometimes people confuse this with the Geneva Protocol that banned biological and chemical weapons.

Even still the conventions work as a sort of "Gentleman's Agreement" in war. If an enemy violates the convention then you are free to violate it as well. Just be prepared to charged with war crimes if you break the convention and lose.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

Date of registration
: Dec 31st 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 8:11am

In hardcore it's imperative that you conserve ammo. If you find an enemy in a generally remote area you're better off knifing.. Or if you're using the G36C... Better off knifing then as well.

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, May 9th 2014, 12:37am

single-handedly the best tool available to you for this.
Repair Tool >>>>>> Knives. Not only does it intimidate, it means they LITERALLY STOOD THERE AND LET YOU KILL THEM.

There's the stealth/no revive combo
This is essentially the only tactical reason to knife.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Mar 18th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, May 9th 2014, 2:12am

single-handedly the best tool available to you for this.
Repair Tool >>>>>> Knives. Not only does it intimidate, it means they LITERALLY STOOD THERE AND LET YOU KILL THEM.

Repair tool? In CQC?

Why bother when you can camp 30 metres away in a bush and EOD Bot rush? It's infuriating, humiliating (the most) and best of all, won't get you killed if you pick a good hiding spot.

I'd like to go on record by saying I like you already :)

*Activates Jedi Mind Powers*

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, May 9th 2014, 3:06am

Last I checked, bodies can absolutely stop bullets. In fact, many bullets are designed to expand and stop within the body cavity. Granted, high caliber or FMJ rounds will penetrate, but they will still lose kinetic energy. No matter how you look at it, if a corpse is between you and a bullet, the bullet will not be as effective.
You speak of realism? (pointless in bf4 anyway) But let's remember than in war nearly every soldier is wearing body armor.

Hollow-Points
Do I need to mention buckshot? That's not penetrating anything.

Isn't every army limited to ball ammo by Geneva Convention? As we know, ball ammo is supposed to go right through, because bullets doing more damage than enter and exit hole are prohibited.

This has nothing to do with Geneva. It's to do with the Hague Convention (1899), or the more relevant Hague Convention (1907), the latter of which I'm pretty sure the US actually did agree to.
As far as I know, the US military can decide to use whatever kind of ammunition they want as long as they can morally-ish justify using it against people. Because raisins. It's also kind of irrelevant in counter-terrorism, if the combatants don't actually represent a state. Pretty sure in that scenario they can use anything they want as long as they can sleep at night knowing they used it.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, May 9th 2014, 3:15am

the latter of which I'm pretty sure the US actually did agree to.

They agreed to parts of it, but not the bullet one specifically. US doesn't show up as signing it .
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, May 9th 2014, 6:50am

the latter of which I'm pretty sure the US actually did agree to.

They agreed to parts of it, but not the bullet one specifically. US doesn't show up as signing it .
The one you mention is the former of the two, the 1899 convention.
The latter one that I was referring to was the 1907 convention.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 11th 2014, 3:21am

The point of the knife is to make people rage. Nothing is more rage inducing than getting up from prone, turning around, and then being put back into prone facing the other way because you got knifed and the game didn't feel like informing you about what was actually happening.

Needless to say I never use the knife because it feels like a lottery.

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, May 11th 2014, 4:01am

For when you're out of ammo at point blank and you want to gamble for a cheap easy kill that you don't even need to aim for.
Except you can't do that because you'll just get counter knifed. Unless you managed to sneak around them. Even then it's probably smarter to go run off and find ammo somewhere.