Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Mesmus" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, April 14th 2014, 9:45am

Need help with AMD mantle

So my specs are

AMD Phenom X4 955 CPU
7870OC (but not overclocked because i suck at it lol, and my pc case isnt really the best at cooling)
8GB ram
Windows 7 64bit

So before i installed the beta 14.3 drivers i did a full previous driver wipe a with driver uninstaller and then ingame i changed it to mantle and restarted the game.

I didnt get any increase in framerates at all and every few seconds i get massive dip in FPS and just feels all round sloppy. WHen i change it back to directX the game goes back to the way it was previiously, no dips but meh FPS.

So, anything else i can try?

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, April 14th 2014, 9:51am

Not really. Mantle gives me great max fps (+10-15 than DX at ultra settings), but CPU usage spikes every so often, making framerate drop very significantly for 0.5~ seconds.

I have a 7970 and i just use DX.

• "Mesmus" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 4th 2014, 6:19pm

There seems to be something going on with people having great success using software to unpark their cpu during BF4. Is this stuttering possibly something to do with that?

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, May 5th 2014, 7:03am

There seems to be something going on with people having great success using software to unpark their cpu during BF4. Is this stuttering possibly something to do with that?
Well why don't you try it and find out?

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, May 5th 2014, 9:07am

there is no core parking on phenom processors anyway. Set your texture quality to medium and I'm pretty confident your problem will go away.