Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Oct 14th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, April 11th 2014, 12:49pm

As a side note the best consistency hardcore players seem to love defuse mode.

It's basically CS in Battlefield.

It's a game mode that forces you to play better.
Lemmings be lemmings

Date of registration
: Nov 17th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, April 11th 2014, 12:50pm

There's no way to separate out people who play hardcore? How disappointing.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, April 11th 2014, 12:54pm

As a side note the best consistency hardcore players seem to love defuse mode.

It's basically CS in Battlefield.

It's a game mode that forces you to play better.

And you know all about playing better, don't you?

• "untamedone" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, April 11th 2014, 1:00pm

There's no way to separate out people who play hardcore? How disappointing.

There is no flag in the database but I could try filtering for Kill / Hit percentage. I would need to figure out what the upper limit is for normal players. It would remove most of the hardcore players and leave behind just the worst ones, which would be filterable by accuracy and skill.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

Date of registration
: Oct 14th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, April 11th 2014, 1:01pm

Interesting to see how the Aug has the highest win percentage.

It's fairly anonymous in % usage. The left going recoil is a bitch since most other guns with asymmetrical horizontal recoil tend to go right and you kinda get used to that.
Lemmings be lemmings

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 6:48am

Interesting to see that whenever I see FAMAS users they have a very high accuracy 20%+ yet the gun has such a low average accuracy.

Also F2000 has the lowest average accuracy of all weapons..... Seriously starting to doubt the balancing decision made by DiCE on this gun.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "edieoedie" (Apr 13th 2014, 7:03am)

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 1:04pm

Interesting to see that whenever I see FAMAS users they have a very high accuracy 20%+ yet the gun has such a low average accuracy.

Also F2000 has the lowest average accuracy of all weapons..... Seriously starting to doubt the balancing decision made by DiCE on this gun.

That's super easily explained. The Famas is super inaccurate and feels super inaccurate. Because of this, players know that they shouldn't use it to engage other players in headglitch spots or at longer ranges. So, they use it at close range and/or maps that cater to its performance and reasonably know what to expect. It's not hard to get 20%+ accuracy at close range. The F2000, however, doesn't feel as inaccurate as it is or, at least, there's a finer line. Because of that, players might assume they can perform well with it at most ranges.

And, no, Famas users don't all have good accuracy stats. There's one with really shit accuracy in this very thread.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 1:35pm

ToTheSun!'s point is valid too and remains as a hidden confounding factor as long as there is no info on maps, modes, etc. Modes of course one can limit by looking at the ribbons and pick only players that, say, ~exclusively play CQ.

The data contains (IIRC, which I should) both total time for each game mode and total score for each game mode. You could use that to filter the players. Then again, the difference (in pace, weapon ranges, vehicle mix, play style, etc.) between Operation Locker and Golmud Railway on Conquest mode might be larger than the difference between Operation Locker on Conquest and Operation Locker (or maybe any map) on TDM or Domination. I said this before in some other thread, and I'll repeat it here: I have no hard data analysis that points to this, but I suspect there is a large population of people who play only Locker or Metro, and do so quite a bit, and this has a not-insignificant effect on the shape of these statistics.

• "untamedone" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, April 14th 2014, 4:30am

I have no hard data analysis that points to this, but I suspect there is a large population of people who play only Locker or Metro, and do so quite a bit, and this has a not-insignificant effect on the shape of these statistics.
I agree, which is why I included some game mode statistics on the second post.

Keep in mind that conquest gives more points in general than other modes, so I can't compare score vs time played between modes. That is why I used average score multiplier (ASM). You can see accurate players with assault weapons score 5-6x time higher on domination than the average player with any weapon on domination. I can't really filter by map with the data I have, but I can at least show on which game modes the weapons are favored on.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, April 14th 2014, 4:54pm

I have no hard data analysis that points to this, but I suspect there is a large population of people who play only Locker or Metro, and do so quite a bit, and this has a not-insignificant effect on the shape of these statistics.
I agree, which is why I included some game mode statistics on the second post.

Keep in mind that conquest gives more points in general than other modes, so I can't compare score vs time played between modes. That is why I used average score multiplier (ASM). You can see accurate players with assault weapons score 5-6x time higher on domination than the average player with any weapon on domination. I can't really filter by map with the data I have, but I can at least show on which game modes the weapons are favored on.

I would guess that a fair amount of that difference is that assault players can easily use their own medi packs to heal when they're injured, returning them to combat effectiveness much faster than the other classes.
bob