Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Ghettoicedtea" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 4th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, April 4th 2014, 5:34pm

m320 LVG nerf, was it nessacary?

The m320 LVGs, those bouncy grenades we all spam the hell out of in metro and lockers. As everyone knows took a huge tweaking. I am really angry that DICE nerfed a weapon that took TONS of skill to use in the open and was a pure infantry only grenade. I think the LVG should be reverted back to the way it was pre patch. DICE took the one thing this gun excels in (close quarter closed areas like metro) and completely took it away. Now if you think about it, it should be named a RGO launcher since that's what its launching. Long range RGOs (the RGOs do have a delay amongst a target before exploding). Sure im not going to lie, in locker and metro this gun was incredibly OP and annoying. Outside of there it isn't and hardly used because its so limited to those situations and took a tremendous amount of skill in the wide open to kill. The LVG was especially powerful in flushing out campers in hard to reach areas. That is now no longer since the grenade hardly bounces at all compared to it did before. The last issue with this I have, the LVG rounds were STRICTLY for infantry, unlike the HE that was effective vs light vehicles and infantry (I forgot walls, LVGs can't break walls). With this you lose a ton of advantages over the HE. These being, hard to take people out in the open, can't take out vehicles, can't create flank routes so you have to be in the middle of the combat zone exposed to nade spam, and you lost a ton of range. It traded all of those abilities out for instead; bounce to take out campers in hard to reach areas a HE can't get too. By my philiosiphy on guns, a gun is balanced out good if the advantages = disadvantages. Theres way more disadvantages over advantages, however it exceeds so well in its advantage, it balances out all of those disadvantages.

I want to hear from others about if the nerf to lvgs was good or bad.

am I the only person who enjoys rush?

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, April 4th 2014, 5:41pm

If you've played Metro, they're really oppressive, you can't move through the spam. They're such a niche weapon but ridiculously good in their niche. It'd be like a shotgun with 20 pellets and 100 -> 1 damage, with a dropoff range of 4-15 or something like that.

What should've been done to LVGs, if you ask me, would be a really harsh increase in their resupply time so that they can't be spammed. Like 15-20s.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Friday, April 4th 2014, 5:50pm

No words are necessary.

Date of registration
: Feb 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, April 4th 2014, 5:53pm

OP I think you've answered your own question. Nobody uses them outside of Metro/Locker and on those two maps LVGs were plain stupid.

Date of registration
: Jan 2nd 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, April 4th 2014, 7:28pm

I agree with what you're saying, OP. And everyone else. They make OpLock/Metro a nightmare (although they're still effective, it doesn't matter if you're only doing 80 damage if there are 3 other grenades going off around the guy!)

They were also useful, as you say, in their somewhat limited (but undeniable) role as the anit-infantry grenade on other maps. The problem is, you can't balance it for one without totally ruining the other! I don't have the answer. Changing the damage/timing back and limiting the resupply time wouldn't change anything on the aforementioned maps. Guys are still going to use them, get their kills, then either wait at the choke like an idiot and eventually fire some more, ore run in, die, respawn, and fire some more anyway!
Roses are red, violets are blue, "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

• "Ghettoicedtea" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 4th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Friday, April 4th 2014, 9:08pm

What should've been done to LVGs, if you ask me, would be a really harsh increase in their resupply time so that they can't be spammed. Like 15-20s.
with the recent patch, ALL grenades have a long resupply time.

am I the only person who enjoys rush?

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, April 4th 2014, 9:36pm

The resupply nerfs to all grenades, LVG included, were well warranted nerfs. The LVG should have never been introduced into the Battlefield series to begin with, we all know what it does on small maps, and we all know just how realistically bad it is in open maps. If you're running LVG on a map big enough to include vehicles you probably need to take a long, hard look at your kits, because if you want to play assault on a vehicle map, you better have a medpack to keep yourself not-dead to the attack heli (or scout heli) cannon, and defibs to get your buddy up who just took a tank shell in the dome-piece. It's kind of unfortunate that there is only one way to get the full potential out of assault on large vehicle maps, but that's it; and even then I would still run engineer.

The 80 damage model means nothing in the situations where an LVG really shines. You're going to be dealing with so many grenades at once, as InstaShark demonstrated, that whether they do 20 or 400 damage, you're going to die standing where ever you currently are, if you're worried about not getting the kill anymore because you didn't one shot the guy with a grenade, don't worry about it, 80% damage is enough to get an assist counts as kill.

If you're still dead set on using a grenade launcher, my suggestion is learn the arc of the 320 HE real well, and you should be fine, that and the 320 buck are all I ever use really, aside from Locker or Metro. While the 320 buck is just for hipster value, the 320 HE is still a viable weapon given that you can land it on top of someone, and it also takes the complete randomness of the bounce out of the equation. I'm not sure if you noticed it, but the LVG behaves very differently when bouncing in BF4, as in it will bounce backwards, and often times right back to you, where you then die to your own grenade.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 2:53am

It's funny because back in BF3 everyone complained about how shit it was and then now everyone complains about how good it is (was)

Date of registration
: Mar 18th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 3:17am

I agree with what you're saying, OP. And everyone else. They make OpLock/Metro a nightmare (although they're still effective, it doesn't matter if you're only doing 80 damage if there are 3 other grenades going off around the guy!)

They were also useful, as you say, in their somewhat limited (but undeniable) role as the anit-infantry grenade on other maps. The problem is, you can't balance it for one without totally ruining the other! I don't have the answer. Changing the damage/timing back and limiting the resupply time wouldn't change anything on the aforementioned maps. Guys are still going to use them, get their kills, then either wait at the choke like an idiot and eventually fire some more, ore run in, die, respawn, and fire some more anyway!

Unfortunately, grenade spam is still an issue on OP locker and OP metro. Thankfully, it's not as brutal on the other end, and usually the spammers eventually suicide themselves/stand there for an extended period of time. That being said, anyone using an under slung rail can still kill people rather quickly, especially if the other player just had a LVG land on their lap. It boils down to 100 health person with weapon swap involved (if extremely stupid, usually they swap back to the primary weapon after they run out of 40 Mm grenades) to a 20HP person with whatever amount they healed up in the past 3-4 seconds.

Frankly, I would be in favour of a further nerf that reduces the ammo count of a 40Mm launcher down by 1 and the lowering the ROF of the launchers to 20 RPM or something. Frankly, 40MM launchers are only used on OP locker or OP metro - very rarely do I encounter someone on, say, Zavod, running around with a LVG out. All 40Mm explosive launchers have a small niche and outside of the niche are worse than using a Sr338 with 40x scope and HB in close quarters. The niche should be enlarged but their effectiveness inside the niche should decrease.

I suppose if you buffed the damage dealt to light vehicles (transport vehicles, scout heli, transport heli) you may be able to use the HE rounds to knock them out... The LVG is pretty much useless in every map, perhaps allow it to break through thin walls (like the shacks in Flood Zone) so it resembles a breaching charge. No one really uses the smoke or flash bang launchers anyways, so make them MUCH more powerful than the grenade counterpart. I'm talking 5 second blindness in a 7 radius for the flashbang. The smoke could be extremely dense and cover an area 3-4 times larger than ordinary smoke grenades. The shotgun counterparts are fine.

Though really. I'm glad dice nerfed all grenades. If you want to spam grenades, you're more than welcome to sit like a duck waiting for the elusive support player to drop an ammo pack. Or you could go out and use a gun, just like the rest of us!

I'd like to go on record by saying I like you already :)

*Activates Jedi Mind Powers*