Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Labby

(6,365)

• "Labby" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 7:35am

Out of curiosity what are the stats on the M136 CS?

I am wondering this as well. Is it just a dumbfire LAW? I always hoped it did a ton of damage or something special like that. You only get one, so it made me feel like I was missing something. I would also like to know about the HVM launcher, that thing is awesome.

Is acceleration in seconds?

M136 does do tons of damage, 334, so around 50% more than the RPG.

HVM fires three missiles at once, any of which can one hit kill aircraft. (overkill much?) It's pretty much a super IGLA with 50m extra range... and 1m/s initial speed with just 20m/s^2 acceleration. So much for High Velocity Missile.

What damage does the MBT LAW do to helicopters (without lock-on)? And why is the MBT LAW not OHK on helicopters (cept TH)? It's the only thing stopping me from using it... such a fun little weapon to piss people off

LAW doesn't one hit kill helicopters because unlike the other lunchers, it damages vehicles with it's splash. Getting a max splash hit does ~37% to a helicopter, or around 185 damage, which is 1.75x it's base splash damage. Tanks take double damage from the LAW's splash, infantry take 2/3 damage.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Mar 18th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 7:41am

I've just noticed an update to the title of this thread. What changes have been made since the original stats were posted?

I'd like to go on record by saying I like you already :)

*Activates Jedi Mind Powers*

Labby

(6,365)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, July 1st 2014, 6:04pm

I've just noticed an update to the title of this thread. What changes have been made since the original stats were posted?

No update to the title, someone had just decided to necro the old luncher stats thread instead of posting in this one.

I don't think any changes have been made to launchers since this was posted back in April.

Date of registration
: Mar 1st 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 7:57am

Hey Labby,

was this post updated with the last recent big patch?

Now with the sraw doing less damage and getting its range nerfed to oblivion, I am wondering if the rpg is the best rocket now for highest damage? Also can the rpg travel across the whole map without timing out? Can it hit the skybox? I used to be able to use the sraw to hit anything on the map, do dumbfire rockets have that range?

Labby

(6,365)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 8:35am

Hey Labby,

Now with the sraw doing less damage and getting its range nerfed to oblivion, I am wondering if the rpg is the best rocket now for highest damage? Also can the rpg travel across the whole map without timing out? Can it hit the skybox? I used to be able to use the sraw to hit anything on the map, do dumbfire rockets have that range?

This hasn't been updated.

SRAW damage was nerfed, but the multiplier was also changed. Damage is pretty close to the same as before vs. IFV and MAA, it's just slightly weaker against MBTs and hits helicopters for 75% instead of killing them. It's reload is also very fast, so if you're going for total damage output, it's still one of the best.

The RPG has a a shorter time to live than the other launchers at 6s instead of the 10s most have. The SMAW or LAW will reach farther.

SRAW range used to be just over 800m, now it's around 450m. SMAW and LAW reach somewhere between 1000 and 1500m, I don't remember exactly and can't do the math right now.

RPG is can get the highest single hit damage, Javelin with laser assist will easily get the highest DPS and nearly highest single hit damage. SRAW has good DPS and can be guided, and has much better velocity than it used to have. SMAW is like a weaker RPG that's better at range. LAW is like a SMAW with a big magnet.

Date of registration
: Mar 1st 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, March 16th 2016, 7:09am

Quoted from "EnigmaVoid"

Hey Labby,
THANKS
SRAW damage was nerfed, but the multiplier was also changed. Damage is pretty close to the same as before vs. IFV and MAA, it's just slightly weaker against MBTs and hits helicopters for 75% instead of killing them. It's reload is also very fast, so if you're going for total damage output, it's still one of the best.
The RPG has a a shorter time to live than the other launchers at 6s instead of the 10s most have. The SMAW or LAW will reach farther.
SRAW range used to be just over 800m, now it's around 450m. SMAW and LAW reach somewhere between 1000 and 1500m, I don't remember exactly and can't do the math right now.
RPG is can get the highest single hit damage, Javelin with laser assist will easily get the highest DPS and nearly highest single hit damage. SRAW has good DPS and can be guided, and has much better velocity than it used to have. SMAW is like a weaker RPG that's better at range. LAW is like a SMAW with a big magnet.
Hey Labby,

So the RPG does max damage but the smaw will travel further okay!!!

Do you have any idea how big the maps are? Just trying to make sense if i should prioritize potential distance or potential damage? Wondering if the RPG has enough flight time to potentially hit a jet flying around in the skybox (i guess the problem wont be range at that point, it be the luck :v)

Anyways Thanks Labby! :thumbsup:

PS do you think the rocket can reach the moon on hanger 31 8|

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "EnigmaVoid" (Mar 16th 2016, 7:19am)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, March 16th 2016, 11:47am

So the RPG does max damage but the smaw will travel further okay!!!

Do you have any idea how big the maps are? Just trying to make sense if i should prioritize potential distance or potential damage? Wondering if the RPG has enough flight time to potentially hit a jet flying around in the skybox (i guess the problem wont be range at that point, it be the luck :v)

Anyways Thanks Labby! :thumbsup:

PS do you think the rocket can reach the moon on hanger 31 8|
For those extreme range shots velocity is at least as much a factor as range. Besides, high damage doesn't matter if you can't score hits. The RPG is so slow that vehicles can easily dodge it at range, the SMAW doesn't suffer as much from this and the LAW even less. Personally I would only advocate the RPG in urban environments - at longer ranges the low velocity quickly becomes a problem. The SMAW is a great compromise between damage and range; it works well against armor on pretty much any map.

Assuming that what you don't want is a launcher that is actually made for AA, but rather a launcher for long range dumbfire(/quasi dumbfire) shots against aircraft then the only real option is the SMAW or SRAW. The RPG is too slow, LAW doesn't OHK (well, neither does SRAW but it's guidance is still handy).

Finally, there is no launcher or weapon that can reach the moon on Hangar 31, the moon is part of the skybox (i.e. it's just a texture very far away).

PS: try to use quotes better, your post is a mess. The top half is unnecessary and a pain to watch.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "C0llis" (Mar 16th 2016, 1:29pm)

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, March 16th 2016, 12:13pm

PS do you think the rocket can reach the moon on hanger 31

Shoot for the moon.

Go for it if you believe.

Just trying to make sense if i should prioritize potential distance or potential damage?

You want to be able to hit your targets. Even if you choose the launcher with the highest damage (the RPG), if you can't hit something with it, there's no point in using it.

It's a decision between higher damage and ease-of-use/more accuracy.
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.