Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 18th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 6:25pm

Aside from the SRAW, which luncher would be the best for anti-personnel purposes? Seems like the LAW

The SRAW isn't better against personell than the RPG or the SMAW. It is potentially more acurate because of the guidance but this somes at the expense of exposure time.

The MBT-LAW is by far the best against personell since it actually does full damage vs infatry. The rocket is fast making it difficult to dodge and it relaods quickly.
If you really want to shoot rockets at soldiers take this one.

0.67x multiplier is added to the damage model when you hit an enemy soldier. Less damage means you can't kill enemies in one shot without a direct hit.

67+37.5= 104.5-15% (flak) = 88%, meaning you won't OHK anyone running flak,BP even with a direct hit.This means pretty much everyone running the defence field upgrade (the most popular one), the anti tank or mechanic upgrade (practically every engineer) and grenadier (for OP locker nade spamming, where you'd probably get the most out of a launcher to make use of the splash damage).

I wouldn't use a launcher as an anti-personal weapon, but If I did I'd recommend the smaw. It has a high speed, low drop and kills all soldiers it hits, regardless of flak or not.

I'd like to go on record by saying I like you already :)

*Activates Jedi Mind Powers*

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Spartanlord" (Apr 5th 2014, 6:38pm)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 6:42pm

@Spartanlord

You are mixing splash damage with impact damage. Flak only affects the splash damage portion, the real numbers are these:

112*0.67*0.85 = 63.784 <- This is the splash damage part.
Splash damage + impact damage = 63.784 + 37.5 = 101.284 > 100, so direct hits with the LAW kill players that are using Flak.

Edit: I used the wrong splash damage (112 instead of 105), the real total damage is 97.2975, so direct hits won't kill players running Flak. My bad. However, field upgrades don't work most of the time, so I would still not disregard the power of the LAW against infantry.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "C0llis" (Apr 6th 2014, 12:00am)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 6:59pm

SMAW is pretty decent for anti-infantry if you're running like a PDW or something. Had a round on domination where one-third of my kills were medium range SMAW snipes.

Date of registration
: Mar 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 7:00pm

@Spartanlord

You are mixing splash damage with impact damage. Flak only affects the splash damage portion, the real numbers are these:

112*0.67*0.85 = 63.784 <- This is the splash damage part.
Splash damage + impact damage = 63.784 + 37.5 = 101.284 > 100, so direct hits with the LAW kill players that are using Flak.

Edit: I used the wrong splash damage (112 instead of 105), the real total damage is 97.2975, so direct hits won't kill players running Flak. My bad. However, field upgrades don't work most of the time, so I would still not disregard the power of the LAW against infantry.

My mistake, thanks for the correction. However, on the Xbox 1 (my platform) the field upgrade bug works 90% of the time, if not all of the time. So maybe dice hasn't patched the PC yet (they really hate PC users, don't they?) but field upgrades are very important on console.

I'd like to go on record by saying I like you already :)

*Activates Jedi Mind Powers*

Date of registration
: May 17th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 8:28pm

Aside from the SRAW, which luncher would be the best for anti-personnel purposes? Seems like the LAW

SMAW All day, totally my go to camper killer.
Xbox One GT: Azazel The Fox
Battlelog

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 2:59am

The SRAW isn't better against personell than the RPG or the SMAW. It is potentially more acurate because of the guidance but this somes at the expense of exposure time.
The SRAW is amazing just because of the wire-guided missiles. It's my go-to luncher if I'm camping a roof or another elevated position as Engineer and the enemy has a hard time fighting back with snipers, airbursts, etc. Arcing and curving rockets around corners and under roofs to hit people trying to scamper, or people strafing while firing back at me guarantees me a kill (or enough damage for an Assist Kill) a majority of times. It's like I'm reliving the good old days of rocket arena wars in Bad Company 2 with my good friend Carl Gustav.

I usually like the LAW if I'm not running SRAW for AP purposes because it has a lot of perks aside from its major downside of 0.67 splash multiplier. Fast rocket travel speed, fast reload, nearly nonexistent drop, and a nice clear zoomed sight picture. Other than those two, I lean towards towards the RPG just for the blade sight. Is the extra travel speed and less drop on SMAW really that worth it?

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 3:29am

I've actually been playing Engineer a lot on HC DOM, and I've found that the SMAW is the most reliable for hitting other infantry.

It's projectile speed is easier to compensate for running targets, and compared to the Pie the slight projectile drop is actually more versatile than a straight-flying rocket for hitting targets behind cover.

The reload speed isn't really in the equation for me because I only use the SMAW when I'm out of PDW range or above my targets, IE the Shanghai rooftops.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 4:32am

The SRAW is amazing just because of the wire-guided missiles. It's my go-to luncher if I'm camping a roof or another elevated position as Engineer and the enemy has a hard time fighting back with snipers, airbursts, etc. Arcing and curving rockets around corners and under roofs to hit people trying to scamper, or people strafing while firing back at me guarantees me a kill (or enough damage for an Assist Kill) a majority of times. It's like I'm reliving the good old days of rocket arena wars in Bad Company 2 with my good friend Carl Gustav.

I usually like the LAW if I'm not running SRAW for AP purposes because it has a lot of perks aside from its major downside of 0.67 splash multiplier. Fast rocket travel speed, fast reload, nearly nonexistent drop, and a nice clear zoomed sight picture. Other than those two, I lean towards towards the RPG just for the blade sight. Is the extra travel speed and less drop on SMAW really that worth it?
Yea
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 4:37am

If I'm playing anti-tank on a small map (Dawnbreaker rush, first set), I run the LAW because it's the easiest to hipfire. SMAW for anti-infantry (rarely) and SRAW for everything.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 5:05am

Out of curiosity what are the stats on the M136 CS?
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.