Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "HwanZike" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 3:38am

This just in! The Stationary AA needs to be removed. According to dogfighting expert JayPaul97, retreating to the Stationary AA is "hiding." He insists that its use is an admission that the pilot cannot dogfight fairly and thus, must resort to cheap tricks to win.

JayPaul97 has also expressed his expert opinion that dogfights must be exclusively 1v1 engagements between aircraft. Assists from wingmen or the Mobile AA is also an admission of poor piloting.

So please, help make dogfights interesting again. Do not hide behind your Stationary AA, your wingmen, or your other teammates. Engage your enemy head-on in a 1v1 deathmatch and don't even THINK about turning around. Just keep flying straight.
While I agree with your sentiment that it's definitely not about 1v1s or dogfights, all the other cases you mention (wingman, MAA, teammates) rely on skill and teamwork. The SAA does not, which is what is annoying about it. This guy is obviously taking it to the extreme and being silly, but don't make it look like it's perfectly fine as it is. At least it needs a range/placement/terrain revision on most maps.
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 3:42am

With battlefield's absurdly stilted and basically non existent airplane physics how much nuanced tactics are there?

Date of registration
: Nov 4th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 4:50pm

This just in! The Stationary AA needs to be removed. According to dogfighting expert JayPaul97, retreating to the Stationary AA is "hiding." He insists that its use is an admission that the pilot cannot dogfight fairly and thus, must resort to cheap tricks to win.

JayPaul97 has also expressed his expert opinion that dogfights must be exclusively 1v1 engagements between aircraft. Assists from wingmen or the Mobile AA is also an admission of poor piloting.

So please, help make dogfights interesting again. Do not hide behind your Stationary AA, your wingmen, or your other teammates. Engage your enemy head-on in a 1v1 deathmatch and don't even THINK about turning around. Just keep flying straight.
I completly dissagree with this guy

Retreating into your air space is not a cheap tactic at all. Me and my friends did this all the time in bf3, one person in the AA and gun down aircraft that come near anyone that knows they will lose the dogfight. They are not very hard to dodge at all. The thing you need to do is either A whip out the ARMs in a stealth jet or if you want to be AA then equip heat seekers and spam them outside the airspace. Another way to avoid the SAA, ambush the jet by finding a place where the SAA can't reach you, i try to fly very high and then divebomb em or go behind a cliff then ambush them unspotted, easy kill. the SAA has definatly changed jet combat and this guy is a old school guy 1v1 bro me 1337 who is not used to the SAA. Also, fuck autoloader, stealth is the best for this type of stuff since you get unspotted quicker.

am I the only person who enjoys rush?

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, April 4th 2014, 12:13am

There is also people running to the ceiling so they can't take damage due to a bug. It seems the new patch didn't fixed it

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,092)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, April 4th 2014, 12:52am

Retreating into your air space is not a cheap tactic at all. Me and my friends did this all the time in bf3, one person in the AA and gun down aircraft that come near anyone that knows they will lose the dogfight.

u w0t m8? 1v1 me pleb I'll rek u skrub

dun even think about using teamwork!
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Nov 4th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, April 4th 2014, 5:13pm

Retreating into your air space is not a cheap tactic at all. Me and my friends did this all the time in bf3, one person in the AA and gun down aircraft that come near anyone that knows they will lose the dogfight.

skrub plz u g0t nutin ganst me m8. ill fuckin rek u skrub usin n0 teamwork u stooped n00b. g0 b4ck 2 cod.

am I the only person who enjoys rush?

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, April 18th 2014, 10:57am

Exactly.
Some jetjockey's are really like that.
RIP Sraw