Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 9:21pm

Yes.
that's odd but only because until now I have only ever seen 0.6 confirmed as the correct value, never 0.5,
why would there be two speed multipliers and where would the 0.75 mutliplier come from / what does it stand for?

Can you walk sideways as fastly, in real life, as you can while walking forward?

You can always walk a pre-determined section of your choosing, in-game, forward and sideways and time it. Once you calculate the speed, you can calculate the ratio.

• "WoopsyYaya" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 9:29pm

Can you walk sideways as fastly, in real life, as you can while walking forward?

You can always walk a pre-determined section of your choosing, in-game, forward and sideways and time it. Once you calculate the speed, you can calculate the ratio.
That doesn't really answer my question, let me rephrase: you mentioned there are two speed multipliers, 0.5 and 0.75, which are mutliplied together when walking sideways.
The 0.5 is the speed factor for moving sideways, but where does the 0.75 come from?
The only 0.75 factor I am aware of are the MoveBullpupModifier and MoveSpeed for bullpups and going forwards as you say.
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 9:36pm

That doesn't really answer my question, let me rephrase: you mentioned there are two speed multipliers, 0.5 and 0.75, which are mutliplied together when walking sideways.
The 0.5 is the speed factor for moving sideways, but where does the 0.75 come from?
The only 0.75 factor I am aware of are the MoveBullpupModifier and MoveSpeed for bullpups and going forwards as you say.

I explained that in an earlier post.

Let's say you go ADS and walk forward. Your speed is, now, 0.5 of your hipfire speed. Then, you decide to walk sideways, instead. Your new speed will be hipfire_speed x 0.5 x 0.75. Sideways, you walk at 75% of the speed you would walk going forward. This happens for both hipfire and ADS. If 1 is your hipfire forward speed, 0.75 is your hipfire sideways speed. 0.5 is your ADS forward speed and 0.375 is your ADS sideways speed.

FOR BULLPUPS, your ADS sideways speed would be 0.75 x 0.75, which is 0.5625.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 9:41pm

you strafe slower sideways than forward. however, the strafing speed calculation is based on the percentage of speed in your current strafe direction. or in other words, you strafing sideways won't make your ADS strafe accuracy any higher.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 9:44pm

you strafe slower sideways than forward. however, the strafing speed calculation is based on the percentage of speed in your current strafe direction. or in other words, you strafing sideways won't make your ADS strafe accuracy any higher.

If this is true, the right person has been giving me the wrong information.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 9:57pm

I explained that in an earlier post.

Let's say you go ADS and walk forward. Your speed is, now, 0.5 of your hipfire speed. Then, you decide to walk sideways, instead. Your new speed will be hipfire_speed x 0.5 x 0.75. Sideways, you walk at 75% of the speed you would walk going forward. This happens for both hipfire and ADS. If 1 is your hipfire forward speed, 0.75 is your hipfire sideways speed. 0.5 is your ADS forward speed and 0.375 is your ADS sideways speed.

FOR BULLPUPS, your ADS sideways speed would be 0.75 x 0.75, which is 0.5625.
Not really, the 0.75 just randomly appeared in your formula.

Ok, first off, I assume you meant ADS walking forward is 75% of hipfire speed and ADS walking sideways is 50% of hipfire speed (for normal ARs).
So are you saying the forward and sideways speeds are cumulative?
I could see how they are multiplicative if you walk sideways AND forwards, but not cumulative, because what would happen if you kept going forwards, sideways then forwards again?

wait, why not? you strafing sideways nets you a 0.5 multiplier whilst going forwards give you a 0.75 multiplier. or higher accuracy as in less accurate?so what happens if you move forward and sideways, we go 0.5x0.75?

@all

added LMGs, DMRs and moving forward values (0.75 speed factor)
Moving ADS spread values

Funny quotes

I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 10:12pm

I just spoke again with Rez and he has confirmed his findings on test range and through DICE on twitter.

No, the 0.75 did not appear randomly in my formula. How is multiplying the ADS speed by 0.75 (0.5 x 0.75) random? It's the very definition of a percentage. I NEVER said they were cumulative.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 10:27pm

I just spoke again with Rez and he has confirmed his findings on test range and through DICE on twitter.
you mean moving forwards is faster than moving sideways?
How is multiplying the ADS speed by 0.75 (0.5 x 0.75) random?
random, because at the time you didn't say what the 0.75 stood for. the way you put it then was that it was a factor that would always be present in the formula.
Moving ADS spread values

Funny quotes

now I'd jerk off a hobo

Rizn-Nuke

first!!! denied...

(458)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 10:36pm

Ok let me sum it up just for fun's sake:

Multipliers:

Directions:
forward: 1
sideward /backwards: 0.75

Aiming penalty:
normal: 0.5
bullpup: 0.75

Bullets may have your name on them, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Quoted from "ViperFTW"

"Pff, c'mon. You know I'm like the crazy homeless man who lives in the postbox, everyone ignores me but I'M GONNA KEEP TALKING ABOUT SHIT ANYWAYS :DDD"

Spoiler Spoiler

"I don't think I've ever moved THAT fast xD. Next time a bear's chasing me say he'll hack my acount if he catches me xDD" -Vip3rFTW

I've sat and came up with 3 theories about your PC, Rizn.
1) Its constructed by Satan and every so often it'll crash to a Red Screen that just says "Another must fall", which is your queue to go out, find a virgin, kill her and pour the blood over the beating-heart-like processor within
2) Its powered by some secret military/alien tech.
3) (My sister's idea) Its powered by the core of the Earth and is, as a direct result, responsible for climate change. Your PC being able to run the BF4 beta without crashing/lagging will destroy humanity

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 10:46pm

Ok let me sum it up just for fun's sake:

Multipliers:

Directions:
forward: 1
sideward /backwards: 0.75

Aiming penalty:
normal: 0.5
bullpup: 0.75

ok, I see what Sun is trying to say.

ADS slows you down by 50%. Then going sideways slows you down by another 25%.
As opposed to being slowed to 75% righout going forwards and down to 50% going sideways, which is what everyone has assumed until now.

Well, both versions seem legit, but which one is correct? Can we get some kind of confirmation from the data?
Moving ADS spread values

Funny quotes

now I'd jerk off a hobo