Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "WoopsyYaya" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 9:46am

Dealing with what is perceived as "netcode issues" by adjusting your gameplay

Well it looks like the netcode issues are here to stay or linger for a while longer. For example, in a lot of my deaths I get instagibed. And that's with a 100MBit connection and ping less than 15 . So although it sucks we must suck it up, adjust and make the best of it, right?

I know a few tips / guidelines as to how we can work with the netcode, I'll list the ones I know here.
Which ones do you know of?

1. Peeking
Peeking a corner you will see enemies before they see you. That was the case in BF3 as well but in BF4 the difference can be up to 1s. I've seen videos where the difference was like 300ms with minimal ping but in-game I get instagibed with SAR-61 weapons, which I am sure must have taken a whole second to kill.
When going back into cover your enemy will see you for much longer than you are actually there.
So when peeking you should make the kill. Because on the way back you are exposed for much longer than you see.
Contrary on the other side, when I see an enemy pop out of cover I try to go into cover, because I know he has seen me for up to 1s already and since it takes the average player 0.5s - 1s to acquire a target and put his aim on them this is the time I have to get into cover. Then I peek and see him a little bit earlier.

2. Hitboxes
The hitboxes in the BF4 and player positions when they are moving are, well..., not very good, . This makes me think that weapons with a high ROF will be at an advantage. With an AK-12 at 600rpm you might fire accurately but if you miss, you are at a disadavantage to an AEK which pumps out 900rpm and where some bullets are bound to hit.

3. Have the drop
Instagibbing is a big problem for me and I am sure it is a problem for you. As of 22.01.2014 I have virtually no warning before I get killed in 50%-80% of all cases. It makes the game to something like "see first, kill first" so you have to always be on top of your enemies. Minimap, situational awareness, always have cover when engaging.

Anyway these are just my thoughts / observations and it sounds a bit exaggerated and the game does run fluid in a lot of cases and for prolonged periods but that's what experienced in game. Anyway I'd love to hear your feedback and thoughts on this.

May the netcode be with you!^^
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "WoopsyYaya" (Jan 27th 2014, 5:35pm)

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 10:01am

1. As far as I know bandwidth has no relevance whatsoever, since you are not transferring a lot of data for BF4. You could play on 50mbs connection or 1000mbs connection and it wouldn't matter. Even moreso, the 100mbs connection that you speak of is probably only guaranteed to your ISPs servers.

2. From personal experience, there is a lot of difference between BF4 servers. I have managed to find a server where my "netcode" problems are barely noticeable. I don't get insta-gibbed and my hits seem to register correctly, whether I am using a 620 RPM weapon or a 900 RPM weapon. Unfortunately it's just a 24 player TDM server, and I can't keep playing that forever.
My best advice is to not get hung up on a server if you notice problems, and keep trying various server until you find one that works for you.

3. Play vehicles only if the hit-reg isn't the greatest on a particular server. That way you won't get incredibly frustrated at the "netcode".

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 10:48am

"instagibs" are caused by the other player having a poor connection so all his hits are delivered to the server at once, your own connection doesn't affect it much.
bob

This post by "Darktan13" (Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 10:52am) has been deleted by user "theaha" (Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 8:41pm)

Date of registration
: Nov 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 1:00pm

What I want to know is how some players with 150-200 ping can get the drop on me and 1 shot me, but when I try to play on a server with high ping I do WORSE. Also there are many times I cannot even tell that I'm being shot. Some times the sound is clearly audible, while other times I cannot tell that I'm being hit until my screen is red and the next bullet finishes me off. I disabled the suppression screen blur via Xfactor's config, but I'm wondering if this is doing more harm than good.

I also try to mix up the servers I play on. I'll leave if "netcode" appears to be against me. I'll favorite servers I do well on. Unfortunately I could be doing well in one game, and then get wrecked the next game on the same server. I have no idea how people can consistently get over a 4:1 K/D when the game is so wonky.

• "WoopsyYaya" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 1:16pm

I disabled the suppression screen blur via Xfactor's config, but I'm wondering if this is doing more harm than good.
leave it off, it's not related to netcode.
bandwidth has no relevance
yes, i'm just saying that I'm playing with low ping.
there is a lot of difference between BF4 servers
is it related to player count? i.e. netcode better on 24 / 32 man servers?
Play vehicles only if the hit-reg isn't the greatest on a particular server
^^ what about Locker?
"instagibs" are caused by the other player having a poor connection so all his hits are delivered to the server at once, your own connection doesn't affect it much.
yes, that's probably the reason, it must have disadvantages for him as well though? as in, he can't see people popping out behind cover in front of him until his slow connection send him the information, correct?
I have no idea how people can consistently get over a 4:1 K/D when the game is so wonky.
I get at least a 4:1 KD most of the time. I think with the right playstyle you can negate the effects of the netcode and if you adjust to them, well you'll do even better.
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Date of registration
: Oct 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 1:17pm

without doubt, this is the worst aspect of the game and the one that really breaks it.
What amazes me is the variation in packet loss at any time when you run the in game performance test.
I have felt from the beginning that the BF4 server hardware and setup is the cause of most of the problems in this game.

This post by "WoopsyYaya" (Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 1:30pm) has been deleted by user "theaha" (Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 8:41pm)

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 1:54pm

there is a lot of difference between BF4 servers
is it related to player count? i.e. netcode better on 24 / 32 man servers?
Play vehicles only if the hit-reg isn't the greatest on a particular server
^^ what about Locker?
I have no idea how people can consistently get over a 4:1 K/D when the game is so wonky.
I get at least a 4:1 KD most of the time. I think with the right playstyle you can negate the effects of the netcode and if you adjust to them, well you'll do even better.

Regarding the differences between servers: this is just my observation. I am not sure what causes it (heck, it might even just be placebo), but the amount of "lag", or netcode problems, or however you want to put it, seems to differ between servers.
Some are more prone to having issues than others. In any case, it doesn't hurt to keep searching for servers which feel more "responsive" and favorite them.

Regarding the 4:1 K/D ratio. I reset my stats and I managed to keep it at that level for after around 20-30 hours game-time (by my estimates), and some 3k kills after playing a lot on a 24 man TDM server that appears to give me near perfect hit registration.
For some reason there are a lot of low levels on that server all the time, so that helps as well, but I rarely get moments when I feel that I am affected by netcode problems.

Anecdotal evidence, I know, but spend some time checking out different servers and see if you find the "perfect" one.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 2:05pm

yes, that's probably the reason, it must have disadvantages for him as well though? as in, he can't see people popping out behind cover in front of him until his slow connection send him the information, correct?
Yeah, to him it will be as if every other player has a poor connection. So he will be instagibbed, shot while behind cover, etc more often than not.
bob