Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Aimdrol" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 6:10pm

To be honest they're not going well as I'm quite busy with other projects and life in general. :|
Symplot @BF4 | @BF3

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, April 13th 2014, 11:54pm

I think the range lines on the ballistic computer are incorrect.

I just checked it out and, at least for the M40 and 8x, each line, and thus the increase in angle for each shot, is the same distance from the next for 100, 150, 200, etc. If the bullet travels on a parabolic arc, which it seems like it does since gravity is expressed in acceleration, then each subsequent range would require further and further compensation than the last. If the lines of compensation are even then it would reflect a simple downward angle that would suggest a projectile with a fixed velocity forward and a fixed velocity down, not a fixed velocity forward and an increasing velocity down.

Or am I doing something incorrectly?
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Watcher-45" (Apr 14th 2014, 12:33am)

• "Aimdrol" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, April 14th 2014, 12:17am

It's past mid night for me but you should be right. I'm going to check this tomorrow.

Edit:
I just checked the code and it seems fine. Then I did some math and the result is:
The increase of the angle (between bullet drop and distance) with increasing distance is not constant, so the drop lines should not have the same distance between each other. BUT due the bullet drop being much smaller than the distance this increase is almost constant and certainly close enough to being constant so that the differences in the distances between the drop lines are way too small to be noticed.
Symplot @BF4 | @BF3

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aimdrol" (Apr 14th 2014, 10:16pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 1:34am

really nice tool, shows you how important that recoil control really is!

one little thing that came up was that the first shot isn't 100% hitrate but the second is, for ACE23, 40m, HB + Ergo, 500 bursts of 3 rounds on full auto
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Date of registration
: Jun 16th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, June 16th 2014, 7:06am

Hello. Is it possible to modify program so it works with Planetside 2 guns? PS2 has kinda similar to BF gun mechanics but have a few differences. And its not really clear how attachment works.

It would be good enough if you could make it at least show basic recoil and bullet spread.

Thanks.

Thursday, July 3rd 2014, 4:17pm

Really neat and interesting program. In the future though, could you post the download in plain old .zip format please? The windows shell integrated .zip file handler won't open .7z files. I made the mistake of installing WinZip to get the file unpacked, which I did not realize apparently is outright malware now and infects your system with the "Rocket Search" browser hijacker. That's not your fault, of course, but it would be easier if we could just open the archive without having to install third-party software, and I can't see anything that is actually gained by using whatever this fancy new format is.

Date of registration
: Oct 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, March 18th 2015, 2:50am

anyone have an updated weapondata.xml?

Date of registration
: Jun 15th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, October 3rd 2015, 5:08am

same question as Cod.is there even a way to update the weapon data? it gives the option to update but then doesnt do it.

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, October 3rd 2015, 8:12pm

doesn't the program pull the data from the site?

haven't used it in a while. database format may have changed, let me know if it works

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Jun 15th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, October 3rd 2015, 11:27pm

Yeah your absolutely right,thats what its supposed to do.But it isnt doing it for some reason. I wish i could get it to work because its an amazing visual representation of what hitrater does but with all the bells and whistles attached. It has not been able to alter the weapon data that has occurred from the last couple of patches, especially the big september patch which comprehensively changed all weapons.