Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 10:12pm

i'd personally worry more about vehicle balance. any imbalance between the various infantry weapons are really tame compared to the mess that is vehicular balance in BF4.

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 10:17pm

i'd personally worry more about vehicle balance. any imbalance between the various infantry weapons are really tame compared to the mess that is vehicular balance in BF4.

^ What he said.

Air vehicle balance is a joke. The only thing keeping it somewhat playable is the flare glitch.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 11:03pm

So when I take down DMR user at a range of 100m using AR on a single fire everything is fine ?

That was possible in BF3 even with the FAMAS on semi auto, why is it suddenly a problem in BF4?

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 12:24am

You could also buff multiple areas at once in exchange for a nerf to another area (example: Higher damage model [50-37] + increased bullet velocity but RPM is lowered).

I completely agree with this, it's what I've been saying all along. I don't care if the hipfire crosshairs aren't even on the screen. They simply need to reward people who are MARKSMANS. The only way to do that is with damage. Let them have horrible hip fire accuracy, ADS speed, rate of fire, movement penalties and so on.

Look at revolvers. They have small capacities, very low rates of fire, high recoil, long reload times. Their only strength is their damage. That's about all they do well, yet they're not worthless. Now imagine a revolver doing 34-15.4 damage. Yes, they would still be stronger than most pistols and as strong as a couple others. But they would be completely worthless. DICE would be out of business.

DMRs are the 3hk revolvers of primary weapons. Like revolvers, they have smaller capacities, low rate-of-fire, high recoil, and even slower bullet speed vs their fellow superior rifles.

Date of registration
: Nov 30th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 6:21pm

A little late to the party, so everyone is talking about DMRs?

Personally,, i think they need a long range buff. Otherwise they'd be too good at close range, and the whole point of the DMRs in this game is to give classes some better ranged options. Giving them a 2 hit kill potential at close range is too much. Yea, while there are a few weapons that do the same damage as them at close range, those weapons can barely hold up outside of close, mid-close range (ACE 52 probably the best out of those in my opinion.) I know one person mention enough damage to make them a 2 hit kill if 1 shot hit in the head

"DMRs are the 3hk revolvers of primary weapons. Like revolvers, they have
smaller capacities, low rate-of-fire, high recoil, and even slower
bullet speed vs their fellow superior rifles."

But at the same time, secondaries are for close ranges. Thats like comparing the PDWs to the low damage pistols. The PDWs have low damage, but dominate other full auto weapons at a close range, unlike the low damage pistols which are just trading damage for more bullets. DMRs are LONG range weapons, so they have better long range characteristics than other weapons. Could they use a long range damage buff, yea, but they don't need to be 2 shot kills at close range, that's ridiculous.

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 9:41pm

A little late to the party, so everyone is talking about DMRs?

Personally,, i think they need a long range buff. Otherwise they'd be too good at close range, and the whole point of the DMRs in this game is to give classes some better ranged options. Giving them a 2 hit kill potential at close range is too much. Yea, while there are a few weapons that do the same damage as them at close range, those weapons can barely hold up outside of close, mid-close range (ACE 52 probably the best out of those in my opinion.) I know one person mention enough damage to make them a 2 hit kill if 1 shot hit in the head

"DMRs are the 3hk revolvers of primary weapons. Like revolvers, they have
smaller capacities, low rate-of-fire, high recoil, and even slower
bullet speed vs their fellow superior rifles."

But at the same time, secondaries are for close ranges. Thats like comparing the PDWs to the low damage pistols. The PDWs have low damage, but dominate other full auto weapons at a close range, unlike the low damage pistols which are just trading damage for more bullets. DMRs are LONG range weapons, so they have better long range characteristics than other weapons. Could they use a long range damage buff, yea, but they don't need to be 2 shot kills at close range, that's ridiculous.

I was comparing secondaries vs other secondaries to primaries vs other primaries. So no, it's nothing like comparing PDWs to sidearms at all.

Also, bolt-action rifles are one hit kills up close. Isn't that ridiculous? It's not because they have abysmal fire rates, poor hip fire, and low magazine capacities. Since you did not read my post, you didn't see that the post I quoted and agreed with stated that DMRs could be 50 damage and have hip spread, rate of fire, and moving accuracy further impaired to balance the high damage.

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 9:58pm

AS VAL needs a massive change. The AS Val in real life is a highly accurate assault rifle with an integrated suppressor. In battlefield 3, the AS Val was a highly accurate PDW, but did close to assault rifle damage. In fact, it functioned more as an all kit assault rifle than a "pdw".
Now, if in BF4, they are bringing the val back as a CQ monster with high spread and high horizontal recoil PDW. What the fuck are they thinking? According to battlelog, the as val is less accurate than the CZ3a1. They just took a massive shit on what the val actually is. Instead, they just used its model for a suppressed AEK ish weapon with shitty ADS spread with lower min damage.
Heres what I want: 20-18.4 dmg or 22-16.4, 0.0 ads standing spread. fast-ish reload, low horizontal recoil, low fsm, it can keep its 21 round mag and make it a CARBINE.
Pleaaase DICE

This post by "DeathOfTheDodo" (Saturday, November 30th 2013, 10:09pm) has been deleted by the author himself (Saturday, November 30th 2013, 10:09pm) with the following reason: Redundant