Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Monday, November 11th 2013, 8:48am

I don't know what any of this means , but thanks :)

Could someone break this down to laymans terms?

• "3VerstsNorth" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, November 11th 2013, 8:55am

The latest version of hitrater automatically compensates for horizontal drift. At least, I remember giggles mentioning it at one point.

Ok, post corrected.

I don't know what any of this means , but thanks :)

Could someone break this down to laymans terms?

:)

Working on it - I'm preparing a set of figures to show what happens in between the individual shots and the super-crunched tables. I'm atm also gazing at the distributions of T100 and bullets-to-kill values...
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Monday, November 11th 2013, 8:58am

Working on it - I'm preparing a set of figures to show what happens in between the individual shots and the super-crunched tables. I'm atm also gazing at the distributions of T100 and bullets-to-kill values...

I read through it again and I think I kinda get it :) just one question, are all results calculated from using the Heavy Barrel in combo with a different grip? and if so do the results change drastically when not using a Heavy Barrell?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 11th 2013, 9:09am

I read through it again and I think I kinda get it :) just one question, are all results calculated from using the Heavy Barrel in combo with a different grip? and if so do the results change drastically when not using a Heavy Barrell?

All attachments were included into the analysis except ergo/vertical because there's no movement.

For mean T100, heavy barrel is the best attachment systematically for most guns and for longer ranges. The results change quite a bit for example when forcing the model to use the muzzle brake for example: at distance, you not only kill slower than with HB but must aim at lower chest (with HB, for good or bad, aiming at the head is always superior when micro-bursting is allowed).

For median T100 this is not always the case, which is why I'm looking at the distributions to examine confounders... (spiky distributions are difficult to collapse into a single representative number!)
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,859)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 11th 2013, 9:23am

For example, look at the row below for SCAR-H and the distance of 40 m: the cell shows the following information: ?357 h m 3 175?.

There is no 'm' anywhere in the chart and for 40m SCAR-H, it says the optimum burst is '2' not '3.'
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 11th 2013, 9:31am

For example, look at the row below for SCAR-H and the distance of 40 m: the cell shows the following information: ?357 h m 3 175?.

There is no 'm' anywhere in the chart and for 40m SCAR-H, it says the optimum burst is '2' not '3.'

Corrected, thanks! (disadvantages of working offline...)

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, November 11th 2013, 10:16am

Cannot wait to get back from the shops so I can get my geek on. Great work.
theaha for president!!!

"RIP Flare Glitch. 10/1/13-11/25/13. The game will never be the same without you." - Labby

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 12:29am

Ok, simplified figures are not done yet, but all tables have been created again. Median was a bad idea because it gives much more equals than mean.

The problem of finding an ecologically valid T100 minimum is now solved by first finding the minimum, then finding all T100 values within 1%, and finally picking the one parameter combination that gives this T100 minimum at the least cost of bullets (= minimum average bullets needed to inflict 100 damage = B100)

The new tables are now much cleaner with respect to burst sizes. I also restructured them to show both T100 and the corresponding B100.

The principal take-home messages:

1. SCAR-H, PDW-R, M240B & PKP, and ACE_52_CQB outshine everything else in their categories with or without recoil compensation and give a 30-40% time-to-kill advantage over the weakest weapons in their groups.

2. Heavy barrel is a good attachment.

3. Aiming at the head pays off although there are a few guns that systematically kill faster when aimed at upper torso. Although with the headshot considerations, human variability in accuracy should be considered somehow.

4. Micro-bursting is superior to longer bursts at ranges > 50 m for all weapons except PDWs.

I will next be looking at the micro-bursting aspect and then addressing moving accuracy.

Also the validation against Hitrater should be done. I can modify my code to give outputs in the same format.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "3VerstsNorth" (Nov 12th 2013, 12:36am)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 1:05am

Amazing work, can't wait to see more, especially if you are working on a pistol chart.

Rep'd for genius :thumbsup:
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 2:03am

Amazing work, can't wait to see more, especially if you are working on a pistol chart.

Rep'd for genius :thumbsup:

Thanks! I hadn't thought of a pistol chart for the same reason as for why DMRs are difficult. They would be easily doable though, if we just decide on the following:

For semi-auto weapons,

A. would you use the full RoF and suffer the spread increase or
B. "automatically" lower the RoF by the minimum amount of time that recovers the minimum spread (13.3 ms for some pistols, so for Compact 45, RoF 320 => 299 rpm)?