Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, March 21st 2014, 11:37pm

So, if I can limit myself to 3 round bursts, is the Compensator a good idea? On the M240 it is quite undertandable, on but for the ACE and Scar, which have relatively low Hrecoil, I'm just follwing your statement that the Comp is better than a naked barrel in 2-3 round bursts.
yes and no. for the SCAR-H the benefits of the compensator will be small (median deviation on 2nd and 3rd shot of 0.116 / 0.163 for comp vs 0.123 / 0.167 for naked, no stubby for any of these)
but given what Shinryu mentioned about suppression the compensator is a solid choice, especially if you play aggressively.

you are robbing yourself of the accuracy of the HB though, it really stretches the distance at which your second and third shot will hit.

And of course - headshots.

I'd say comp for aggressive medium range engagements and HB for "tactical" (you shoot first) engagements over larger distances.
Flash hider is also a solid option, you lose the "anti-suppression" bonus but are less percetible, quite good for a "stealthy" playstyle

About the 93R

with a 0.6 ADS accuracy you wanna go HB or if that adds to much vertical recoil for your liking just flash hider (if available) or naked
the problem with the compensator is that the SIPS is 0.25, with a compensator it's 0.325, that's massive.

Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "WoopsyYaya" (Mar 22nd 2014, 6:27pm)

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 5:45am

So, if I can limit myself to 3 round bursts, is the Compensator a good idea? On the M240 it is quite undertandable, on but for the ACE and Scar, which have relatively low Hrecoil, I'm just follwing your statement that the Comp is better than a naked barrel in 2-3 round bursts.
yes and no. for the SCAR-H the benefits of the compensator will be small (median deviation on 2nd and 3rd shot of 0.116 / 0.163 for comp vs 0.123 / 0.167 for naked, no stubby for any of these)
but given what Shinryu mentioned about suppression the compensator is a solid choice, especially if you play aggressively.

you are robbing yourself of the accuracy of the HB though, it really stretches the distance at which your second and third shot will hit.

And of course - headshots.

I'd say comp for aggressive medium range engagements and HB for "tactical" (you shoot first) engagements over larger distances.
Flash hider is also a solid option, you lose the "anti-suppression" bonus but are less percetible, quite good for a "stealthy" playstyle

About the 93R

with a 0.6 ADS accuracy you wanna go HB or if that adds to much vertical recoil for your liking just flash hider (if available) or naked
the problem with the compensator is that the SIPS is 0.25, with a compensator it's 0.325, that's massive.

That explains it quite nicely :)

What do you think about the Compensator on the M416? I recently got into a clan and started playing competitive, and figured that I just can't use the SCAR-H for the life of me, when up against actually good players. It seems to be some combination of that huge Vrecoil (which I'm still not perfect at controlling) and dat 410m/s muzzle velocity :/
For the M416, I was wondering at what ranges does the HBar really beats the compensator.

As a side question, DICE said iirc that they are gonna buff the HBar and give it a moving ADS bonus or something. Is it out yet? What is the bonus?

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 11:23am

It is already out, yeah. 50% less min spread, 33% less moving spread, 50% more V recoil

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, March 22nd 2014, 6:56pm

That explains it quite nicely

What do you think about the Compensator on the M416? I recently got into a clan and started playing competitive, and figured that I just can't use the SCAR-H for the life of me, when up against actually good players. It seems to be some combination of that huge Vrecoil (which I'm still not perfect at controlling) and dat 410m/s muzzle velocity :/
For the M416, I was wondering at what ranges does the HBar really beats the compensator.

As a side question, DICE said iirc that they are gonna buff the HBar and give it a moving ADS bonus or something. Is it out yet? What is the bonus?

oops sorry forget what I said about suppression, the info has been updated - compensator does not reduce the recoil increase due to suppression
so..... you may run it on the SCAR-H to get that marginal increase in accuracy but tbh you might just as well run Flash Hider in pubs or naked in comp

About the M416
have a look at this post
Brute-force approach to BF4 gun balance & optimal attachments, burst sizes, and aim targets

the table suggests that the comp is better up to 35m for torso shots (perfect recoil , 100ms IBI). Note that this is with a stubby grip though, I checked the accuracy of comp and HB without stubby in my accuracy tool, and HB is always more accurate on the 2nd and 3rd shot, albeit very, very, marginally. then after the 3rd shot the spread increase of the comp starts to go wild, with the HB on the other hand you can burst up to 5 rounds and have a 90% hit probability on the last round up to about 40m.

I would say if you can handle the recoil go for HB. Together with an ergo your strafing ADS starting spread will be about 0.25, which is nice.
heavy barrel multiplier for moving ADS in the "actual" moving ADS formula?
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 2:44pm

Are there any plans on redoing the calculations after the HB buff? I'm curious about how it impacts optimal burst lengths for the QBZ-95-1 while strafing.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

• "3VerstsNorth" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, April 5th 2014, 9:33pm

Are there any plans on redoing the calculations after the HB buff? I'm curious about how it impacts optimal burst lengths for the QBZ-95-1 while strafing.

Yeah, this has been on my agenda for longer than I wish to remember. Procrastination much mate ;( . ...I want to redo this stuff with realistic hit boxes separately for headglitcher situations and torso shots against targets out in the open. I also plan to replace the artificial IBI with optimal burst rates (that are spread defined at 'pro' level and recoil defined for noobses).
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, April 6th 2014, 1:02am

Yeah, this has been on my agenda for longer than I wish to remember. Procrastination much mate ;( . ...I want to redo this stuff with realistic hit boxes separately for headglitcher situations and torso shots against targets out in the open. I also plan to replace the artificial IBI with optimal burst rates (that are spread defined at 'pro' level and recoil defined for noobses).
Both those changes/additions sound awesome. Take your time, I didn't mean to rush you; I was just curious if there was an ETA :)

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.