Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Grumak

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 13th 2013, 9:40pm

And what setting do you use ingame?

Headphones?

• "driftaholic" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, November 13th 2013, 10:35pm

80 seems to be the key but with all the sound bugs I can't tell. Waiting to see if client patch today fixes the game.

The difference between DH-1 and DH-2 ect is the amount of spacing and echo in the sound stage.

It's not about the number of sources. If you throw something around the room you have multiple sources. The point is you only have 2 ear drums so you only need 2 sources to recreate positional audio via the delay in the sounds just like your ear would hear. No simple stereo will not emulate this.

So far I'm using audioquality 0 and systemsize 80 with ingame home cinema and surround on. my asus control panel is set to DH-1 48Khz 8 channels and set to 7.1 in windows at 24bit (bits don't affect sampling) and 48Khz. 48 is the best choice as most things are 48 or 44.1khz so you will hear as little up down sampling as possible.

But the whole point of this thread was to hopefully have someone who knows how to crack the game files look into what the options allowed for those two lines are and maybe other audio related settings in PROFSAVE_profile

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, November 14th 2013, 1:30am

80 seems to be the key but with all the sound bugs I can't tell. Waiting to see if client patch today fixes the game.

The difference between DH-1 and DH-2 ect is the amount of spacing and echo in the sound stage.

It's not about the number of sources. If you throw something around the room you have multiple sources. The point is you only have 2 ear drums so you only need 2 sources to recreate positional audio via the delay in the sounds just like your ear would hear. No simple stereo will not emulate this.

So far I'm using audioquality 0 and systemsize 80 with ingame home cinema and surround on. my asus control panel is set to DH-1 48Khz 8 channels and set to 7.1 in windows at 24bit (bits don't affect sampling) and 48Khz. 48 is the best choice as most things are 48 or 44.1khz so you will hear as little up down sampling as possible.

But the whole point of this thread was to hopefully have someone who knows how to crack the game files look into what the options allowed for those two lines are and maybe other audio related settings in PROFSAVE_profile
as far as I can see the settings havent changed from BF3, btw previously you were using 71, what made you switch to 80, got a link / source? :)
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

• "driftaholic" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, November 15th 2013, 6:32am

the older thread about this in the bf3 section of this forum someone said you can only use multiples of 5 so using 71 would revert it to default.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, November 15th 2013, 6:45am

[/quote]

What we're doing here is forcibly emulating virtual 7.1 and coming from Head-Fi, it's usually - "A bad idea".

For headphones/earphones with an already good soundstage, what you're doing is defeating the purpose in tuning said audio gear.
For speakers, they're dead on my front, how the F can it magically put sound to make it seem like it's behind me? It can't.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, November 15th 2013, 7:45am

Riesig, with what sound settings would you run BF4?

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, November 15th 2013, 7:50am

You only have two ears. Two speakers is technically enough to replicate any 3D sound field.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 15th 2013, 8:26am

the older thread about this in the bf3 section of this forum someone said you can only use multiples of 5 so using 71 would revert it to default.

kk, do you recall who said that and coming from what source? I am very sceptical about accepting information without explanation or source :D
Moving ADS spread values

Funny quotes

I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, November 15th 2013, 8:27am

You only have two ears. Two speakers is technically enough to replicate any 3D sound field.
There's a lot more factors than this.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 15th 2013, 8:29am

There's a lot more factors than this.

I asked about this in another forum and someone told me to use Hi-Fi and Stereo in the audio settings, "because I only have two ears" .... unfortunately he didnt say more but do you guys know what he meant?
why not home cinema and surround sound ?
Moving ADS spread values

Funny quotes

now I'd jerk off a hobo