Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Iammeatt" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 3:39am

M240B attachment questions

Ok, so what is the benefit of running the Laser sight on the M240b? It looks like it only increases the hip fire bonus very slightly. But is it even worth it? Does anyone know the numbers in comparison with or without laser?

Also, should I be using Heavy Barrel? The recoil is intense but is it worth it on the LMGs or M240B?

If so what attachments should I be using on it to coincide with the Heavy Barrel or other attachments?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 4:38am

My personal opinion? Attach a Flashlight, Heavy Barrel, and Bipod for an entrenched MG position with a stormlight. With an MP-APS set up near you, you'll be hard to weed out.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 4:50am

Except for the perfect counter to LMGs that are Snipers. If you put a giant I'm here flashlight on your gun, you better engage anyone as soon as they can see you.

This post by "tinynerdude" (Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 5:07am) has been deleted by user "Blue Panda" (Monday, November 4th 2013, 8:00am)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 5:11am

I sorry but Hbar just adds too much recoil to an LMG to be comped for

For consoles, yes. For PC, no. I have no problem operating HBar on all my weapons. I seriously can't detect any recoil. And all I do is tap fire to victory. It's manageable on PC at the least.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "tinynerdude" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 5:30am

I sorry but Hbar just adds too much recoil to an LMG to be comped for

For consoles, yes. For PC, no. I have no problem operating HBar on all my weapons. I seriously can't detect any recoil. And all I do is tap fire to victory. It's manageable on PC at the least.

And imagine how much better you could do if you did not have to tap fire. You know looking back at another post you made about min recoil you were right. When using Hbar you have to tap fire more then any other attachment. But this is a hindrance not a advantage. When using an Hbar LMG you must tap fire at a guy just 15 meters away. This is not true for a compensator/angle foregrip LMG as spread increase is not large enough yet for it to matter (assuming you have your sights on the enemy). Trues me you would have much better results if you did not use Hbar. Even at your longer engagement areas the compensator burst vs. the Hbar burst is negligible.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 5:30am

My personal opinion? Attach a Flashlight, Heavy Barrel, and Bipod for an entrenched MG position with a stormlight. With an MP-APS set up near you, you'll be hard to weed out.
I sorry but Hbar just adds too much recoil to an LMG to be comped for. At that point your mouse would be centimeters away from sliding off of the table. At most you sould avoid vertical recoil on console. Its basically impossible to accurately comp for recoil with an Hbar. LMGs in BF4 behave much in the way as they did in BF3 with the exception of a much lower FSM this time around. If anything short burst using a muzzle brake combined with an angled forgrip should be acceptable enough for a perfect on the move setup. Simply move, stop, mircoburst, and move again. Non movement is a better skill to learn as movement while ADS fire is now overrated in BF4.

As for the Bipod you should use it in combo with no Hbar, Compensator, or Muzzle brake on your LMG. Any type of light source generated will simply give away a perfect ambush opportunity. It anything you should use a suppressor or a flash hider on your LMG with a bipod.

An anti-explosives system is good for open outdoor areas but the light given off of it is too strong for an ambush. The claymore is your best bet it you wont to keep safe while using an LMG. LMGs are just not meant for open area conflict.

i've tested heavy LMGs with heavy barrel in our supersekrit training server. even with the heavy barrel, the M240B's recoil is still perfectly manageable.

as an aside, i strongly suspects that heavy barrel no longer gives you a 50% penalty to vertical recoil. if the 50% penalty is still true, guns like the FAMAS, AEK, Scorpion, M240B etc should basically fly away from you as soon as you fire. they don't. in fact, i'm hard pressed to notice any additional recoil at all.

as for best loadout for the M240B: heavy barrel, ergo grip, laser, optic of your choice. despite what people might say, strafing ADS fire is NOT overrated. in close to medium range, you're almost guaranteed to lose a gunfight against someone who can do this and still maintain their aim. turn off the laser if you are fighting beyond close range.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 5:33am

When using Hbar you have to tap fire more then any other attachment. But this is a hindrance not a advantage.

I'm fairly certain the AN-94 masters would beg to differ. If you can't tap as fast as the weapon fires, that's on you.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post by "tinynerdude" (Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 5:46am) has been deleted by user "Blue Panda" (Monday, November 4th 2013, 8:00am)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 5:58am

@tinynerdude

I did read the whole thing, however, I have completely given up going fully automatic because I want to maintain optimal accuracy. I can't even bring myself to go full auto anymore unless it's a CQC 1v1 firefight in which case volume fire wins. However, someone at 15m is fine for tapfiring.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.