Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 4:57pm

But...but 1911 is sexiness...

Date of registration
: Sep 29th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 7:52pm

M98 vs. Intervention

I think it's absurd that the wonderful codemonkies here pulled the numbers on these two and the one with lower bullet drop has a lower velocity and therefore a slightly shorter real distance...
This makes zeroing and compensating for drop a bit of a joke and I suppose all for style.
What's more is the .338 should travel faster in lapua mag. the specialty cartridge in the intervention is heavier and should drop more yet carry more kinetic energy... just have a quick google search on the world record kills non-50 cal.

On a different note... Has anyone been able to test the anti-material capabilities of the .50 cals or any of the higher cartridges in the unlockables?
"Reporting for duty commander" *Cue MEC loading theme*

Top 1% Longest Headshot
Top 1% Headshots
Top 1% Flag Defends

Xbox 360 with GDI Recon.
Gamer tag = xESxMaver1ck911

Rezal

Listen to Rezal!

(4,219)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 8:15pm

SAR21, AUG and CZ are useless ARs. There is always something better around. The other ARs seem well balanced, you usually trade in accuracy for rpm.
I nerfed ACE 52.
Some CTE Gameplay on Youtube

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 8:20pm

SAR21, AUG and CZ are useless ARs. There is always something better around. The other ARs seem well balanced, you usually trade in accuracy for rpm.

not me,being able to make a double headshot at the price of just .5 round per second,i think it's quite a good deal.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff not related to BF4 that interests nobody

on 07/04/2014
29(30)th DMR user in italy
rush mode score RANK:3804 TOP:2% OUT OF:289269
obliteration mode scoreRANK:3553 TOP:2% OUT OF:229808
skill RANK:7986 TOP:3% OUT OF:383966
PDW medals RANK:2917 TOP:3% OUT OF:135389
longest headshot RANK:5728 TOP:2% OUT OF:376096
recon score RANK:6424 TOP:2% OUT OF:340967

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/df0b7f5378734e0b.png

31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

a banner from a guy i work with

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 9:24pm

M249 vs MG4: their base stats are wholly identical except for recoil pattern. M249 milder v-recoil but larger h-recoil. MG4 wins.

Unless their attachments affect them differently, the M249 is pointless.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 9:43pm

I find it retarded that the QSZ-92 only has a 15-round magazine. Only the 9x19mm Parabellum version has a 15-round magazine. The 5.8x21mm version, which seems to be the one depicted, has a 20-round magazine in the real world. Either way, both the FN Five-seven and QSZ-92 are useless. They're statistically even worse than Battlefield 3's semi-automatic 9mm pistols (these were improved just slightly at close ranges in Battlefield 4), and even those were pretty useless. Only 20 damage? The purpose of the 5.7x28mm and 5.8x21mm rounds was not to only defeat body armor, but also to provide superior close range terminal performance than 9x19mm Parabellum and .45 ACP handguns due to the tumbling abilities of the shaped bullets.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 10:47pm

This one isn't as clear as M249 vs MG4 or M1911 vs Compact 45 but it's still pretty unfortunate: ACW-R vs SG553.

ACW-R gets the crucial lower total h-recoil, in addition to faster bullet velocity, higher ROF, and faster reload. The SG553 gets a few advantages but they are somewhat insignificant in comparison (slightly lower v-recoil, who cares; lower spread increase per shot... by 0.006; lower FSM... by 0.1).

Date of registration
: Jun 11th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 12:39am

I think it's absurd that the wonderful codemonkies here pulled the numbers on these two and the one with lower bullet drop has a lower velocity and therefore a slightly shorter real distance...
This makes zeroing and compensating for drop a bit of a joke and I suppose all for style.
What's more is the .338 should travel faster in lapua mag. the specialty cartridge in the intervention is heavier and should drop more yet carry more kinetic energy... just have a quick google search on the world record kills non-50 cal.

On a different note... Has anyone been able to test the anti-material capabilities of the .50 cals or any of the higher cartridges in the unlockables?

A difference of 150m Max range is irrelevant when both shoot over 3000m. The SRR-61 is, judging from the stats, better for most situations and will mostly be the more accurate of the two rifles. However, if you are you using zeroing then the M98B is better (but as zeroing means you have to cycle all the way through the ranges it is somewhat better suited to long range anyway.)
BF3 stats

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Apr 2nd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 7:48am

That and the SRR still has a pretty fast velocity, only 30 m/s lower than M98B, and if you set the zero to 200m, you don't need to adjust for drop out to around 300m. It's definitely not pointless or outclassed. I think that title for Bolt Actions goes to the SV98 and its horrible bullet drop.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(428)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 8:34am

It looks like they tried a little harder than with BF3, and most weapons do have interesting and debatable trade-offs with their counterparts. Much of it can be dealt with using the right combo of attachments.

Now the 1911 vs the HK45 I would argue with. Stats wise they are nearly identical, but the 1911 is a little slower and has a smaller magazine.

Does the HK45 make more sense tactically? More ammo and a higher ROF, of course it does, but the 1911 isn't that much slower or that much smaller. If it's just a style thing it's just a style thing, if that were the biggest difference gun to gun then we'd all just pick according to our own personal likes and dislikes, but that's no fun...

Actually, I think DICE did an ok job balancing guns out. Picking a few at random and trying to tear them apart, I keep finding little "saving graces" for each one.

Example, the Type-95-B-1 for the engineer.

Terrible ROF, no high damage to match, roughly average velocity and range, slowest reload of the carbines, average FSM, and worse standing ADS spread. However, it does have an ok hip bonus and moving ADS bonus for being a bullpup, and the relatively low recoil combined with the low ROF means it's probably really controllable on full auto for medium range encounters.
Run it with a FS and a Stubby.
Very situational, but in the right situation I think it would do well in the right hands.

And even though we still have the jack of all trades good at everything kind of guns, it doesn't really look like we have any sort of reincarnation of the M16. Seems like they at least balanced ROF with recoil values, so the faster it fires the more it recoils and thus harder to control.

I think we'll see more weapon diversity in game than in BF3.

As for me, I'm going all crosseyed trying to sort out in my head which weapons I will gravitate towards doing well with. In BF3 it was easy, for me there were clear winners in most classes and I picked nearly of them out via the charts. Then I chose "roles" for the weapons (close range, long range, suppressed, balanced, etc) based on which one's stats led it to perform better in those situations, and outfitted them with the appropriate equipment ready to go so all I had to do in game was choose a new gun if the area changed tactics.

I have a feeling that I'm going to have to just play with the guns in BF4 and see which ones feel right. Every weapon seems balanced well in it's own way, and many weapons are only subtly different from each other.

Spoiler Spoiler

My baby :love:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Watcher-45" (Oct 31st 2013, 8:45am)