Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

yugas42

(1,359)

• "yugas42" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 5:24am

By the way, I noticed this when (on that one rare occasion) I was playing Normal Conquest earlier. Was rolling convoy-style with a squadmate -- he had a tank, I had an LAV -- on Silk Road when an enemy scout chopper flew in to try and attack us. My squadmate landed a tank shell in the canopy, but both the pilot and the chopper survived (it was maybe 10m off the ground). He got out, and I gatted him down with the main cannon. Feeling lucky, I jumped out of my LAV, hopped into the heli and started repping, only to realize that the enemy team's entire heavy armor allotment had rolled up on us and proceeded to take us out with ease. Because, you know, STAFF shells and HE. (main reason I don't play Conquest: because armor rape is painful and not fun) However, while I was repairing, I was watching vehicle health number: 7, 8, 9, then all of a sudden 33, 34?!

>>MFW

Is it normal to execute the equivalent of an emergency repair like that with nothing but the blow torch?
Emergency repairs are always triggered by the repair tool, lol. There is no other way to trigger them. Once the helicopter hits 10% health, it instantly shoots up to 37%.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,391)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 5:28am

Is it normal to execute the equivalent of an emergency repair like that with nothing but the blow torch?

Yes, this is known as emergency repairs. This is intended, and happens on scout, attack ( I think? ) helicopters, and jets.

I'm surprised you've not heard of it, it has been mentioned in many large threads recently.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 5:32am

Yes, this is known as emergency repairs. This is intended, and happens on scout, attack ( I think? ) helicopters, and jets.

I'm surprised you've not heard of it, it has been mentioned in many large threads recently.

What can I say, I immediately gloss over anything that doesn't pertain to TDM or Domination. However, thanks to the patch this morning, most of the TDM and DOM servers were empty, so in an effort to scratch that battlefield itch I decided to brave CQ.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Labby

(6,445)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 5:35am

Emergency rep does two things: instantly restores a good chunk of health, and removes disable effects without having to repair to full.

Now that the repair tool is so much slower for the vehicles that have it, it's not really an issue anymore.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 6:16pm

I am starting to think that the "enemy with 0 health left" could be more than just the game rounding off player health. I have recorded at least two weird incidences with enemies being left alive with 0 health.

The distance between me and the other player in the locker clip is less than 8 meters (~11 meters to B flag, enemy player less than halfway to the flag when I start shooting) so we are both doing max damage. The enemy player has full health when I start shooting (judged by his health bar) and he is (probably) not running defensive perks because in that case he would have 4 health left, instead of 0. I went through the clip frame by frame and he does receive damage four times (I could not distinguish individual hitmarkers so instead I counted how many times the enemy player took damage). It looks as though all my shots hit him either in the arms or chest.

I could not find any good ways to measure the distance in the second clip, but it would seem to be within (or very close to) max damage range (8 meters). Another thing: after watching the clip in slow motion it seems like I hit the enemy player with more than four bullets but the hits following the first four hits doesn't apply damage, but I'm not sure, it's quite hard to judge.

My theory: either the game is rounding incorrectly (and the players did have armor/I hit him in the legs/stomach), the game "rolls back" damage but doesn't inform both players, or there is a new bug that leaves players alive with 0 % health (OR I am missing something/these were just flukes).

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 6:30pm

This one has been around since BF3, it is less present in BF4 yet still present:

Draw distance of some objects is way too short in surround resolutions, especially when inside a vehicle:
http://youtu.be/hmfOdDQ8Ebw
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,821)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 9:49am

Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 10:06am

I am starting to think that the "enemy with 0 health left" could be more than just the game rounding off player health. I have recorded at least two weird incidences with enemies being left alive with 0 health.
It appears that the 0 health thing is a display bug. I was playing TDM with my platoon yesterday and ended up losing a close range fight where the killcam said my mate had 0 health left. However on teamspeak he told me that he actually had 23 health left.
bob

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 4:42pm

so THAT's why my chat box has been going screwy like that... Either way, I think I'm going to trick some idiot into typing "True" or "False" at one point if he's spamming chat.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 10:52pm

New Bug?

I first encountered this today, in my first 2 games on the day, and my first since the patch.

This bug consists of when you press on something (vehicle etc) to deploy, your character spawns in but you stay at the spawn screen. You can see that character pov, but you're still in the spawn screen. The only way out is to quit the game.

Has this been seen? I scanned over the bugs in the op, but didn't see it.

Anyone else experiencing it?
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3