Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 12:27pm

Ok, so I looked through my footage and found some weird instances of my shots doing no damage and producing no hitmarkers - even though the enemy models flinch. I have recorded a total of 4 occurrences, although I know it has happened at least one more time (Pearl Market, don't remember the gamemode, but I remember parachuting down from a roof and unloading into a guys chest only to do no damage). All the events I have recorded occurred shortly after spawning, so in light of that I think it is likely that is when the bug is triggered, as opposed to my earlier theory about parachutes (thinking back I think I may have spawned shortly before parachuting down during the Pearl Market incident). I previously thought the last two events (Op locker) was just the server acting up, but now I don't know.

I edited the events together, they can be seen here. The events were recorded between August 12 and 14; I don't remember when the event on Pearl Market happened. It's possible that this is two different bugs: during the first two videos the guns don't produce sounds while firing, but during the last two clips you can hear my gun firing. And just to clarify: all these events have been on the live version of BF4.

Edit 1: I just noticed the first two clips are from CTE. I didn't notice the watermarks earlier and for some reason Shadowplay saves CTE videos to the BF4 folder, despite it having generated a CTE folder. I'm not sure how interesting the first two events are now.

Edit 2: The thing in the first two clips just happened to me on a live server. I tested and it persisted through a reload, but disappeared once I switched weapons. I will upload it ASAP. I've uploaded it here . I've looked back at the raw footage and I died while shooting just before the first two events in Video 1 and before the event in Video 2.

I've had this happen a lot and so far only on the AR160. Notice how you don't have any gunshots. Firing animation plays but you aren't actually firing.

This is the heart of these "disappearing bullets."

Firing, but not actually firing.

had it happen before DT release(i think 2 or 3 months ago) and i clearly remember that my gun worked fine,just no hitmarkers nor damage,but there were the bullet decals on the walls of locker iirc.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 12:31pm

I had something similar yesterday. I had way less hitmarkers than I should have, but damage was still dealt. Do not know if all hits registered but I got a lot of kill assists, without any hitmarkers or only a few. Same with RPGs.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, August 20th 2014, 2:37pm

I've had this happen a lot and so far only on the AR160. Notice how you don't have any gunshots. Firing animation plays but you aren't actually firing.

This is the heart of these "disappearing bullets."

Firing, but not actually firing.

had it happen before DT release(i think 2 or 3 months ago) and i clearly remember that my gun worked fine,just no hitmarkers nor damage,but there were the bullet decals on the walls of locker iirc.
Yes, it's quite odd. I get bullet decals, enemies flinch and blood splatters but no damage is dealt, no audio plays and I get no hitmarkers. I wonder if the receiving players get hitmarkers, but it doesn't seem so from the (lack of) reaction of the enemy player in the third clip in Video 1, but then again that might be another bug.

From watching my footage back it seems that getting killed while firing and then spawning triggers the bug, and switching weapons cancels the bug. There might be more things that factor in.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Oct 9th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 6:23pm

Class exploit bug is fixed.

Date of registration
: Oct 11th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, September 4th 2014, 7:44pm

I think it was fixed quite a while back.
Battlelog

Quotes

The World Champion ain't got no time for Silly Billies. but he does have Elbows.

Spoiler Spoiler

Yeah the AWS has kahooneys, unlike the CBJ and QBB's uniball thing.

Quoted from "Sheepnub"

wait

fuck

im starting to sound reasonable

I mean uhh....

COWADOOTAYDAWGGG
That's better

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, September 25th 2014, 8:51pm

Accidental Win - What Goes Up...Must Come Down! - YouTube

1:05
well that's a new one,he was inside an enemy chopper.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post by "C0llis" (Monday, September 29th 2014, 2:03am) has been deleted by the author himself (Monday, September 29th 2014, 2:04am)

This post by "Labby" (Monday, September 29th 2014, 2:04am) has been deleted by the author himself (Monday, September 29th 2014, 2:05am)

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, October 1st 2014, 6:00pm

I should probably post this here as well:

New "fall patch" hitmarker is definitely bugged when using MBT coax HMG. The hitmarker is not reliably showing up when hitting infantry targets at basically any range but seems worst at longer ranges against people headglitching or partially head glitching.

Basically it's flat out not appearing on hits that are definitely damage dealing. I've killed numerous guys without getting a single hitmarker, full health, 2-3 shots to kill scenarios. I haven't really been able to keep track of how often this happens to any real degree of precision but I'd estimate it's happening about 30% of all damage dealing hits vs infantry.

I think shooting infantry with IFV sabot generates the same problem but I can't really comment it's regularly failing here.

Date of registration
: Oct 9th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 10:49pm

There is DEFINITELY a "reduced bullet damage"-bug. Until today I thought it was just a feeling, but indeed sometimes bullets do way less damage than they should do.
I shot someone in close quarters with an ACE 21, hit him 6 times and got 6 regular hitmarkers, but did only 46% damage. A similar thing happened to me with AWS, AEK, Shotguns (although hard to prove for these), MG4, even with sniper rifles.