Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "CitytheSurvivor" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 22nd 2017

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, June 22nd 2018, 3:40am

Is there any point in using dart on shotguns?

Buckshot does more damage, and even with defensive perk, buckshot still does more damage at all ranges! Buck does 5.6 damage post falloff. After the 0.85 defensive perk multiplier (for buckshot) it does 4.76 damage. That's still more than the dart's 4.2 damage. Same problem occurs in cqb even before falloff happens. So, why should one use flechettes? It appears that the damage just makes them worse at range and less forgiving in cqb.

Is there a significant accuracy bonus?
Positioning, aim, and gamesense aren't the only skills for fps games. Choosing the best gun and attachments for one's role is a skill, too.

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, June 24th 2018, 11:52am

Flechettes have a 2.0 pellet cone while buckshot has 2.4. The general opinion seems to be that flechettes can be preferable if you're fine with them being less forgiving. As a minor bonus, they penetrate enemies and certain objects.
Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

• "CitytheSurvivor" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 22nd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, June 28th 2018, 3:11am

Flechettes have a 2.0 pellet cone while buckshot has 2.4. The general opinion seems to be that flechettes can be preferable if you're fine with them being less forgiving. As a minor bonus, they penetrate enemies and certain objects.
A .4 degree difference? That might be a lot on a gun that shoots one bullet per click, but on a shotgun that doesn't seem like much, especially considering buck always does more damage (ignoring accuracy) even with defensive perk. Is there any way for me to calculate the max 1 or 2 hit kill distance with either ammo type?

Also, do different shotguns have different accuracy levels?
Positioning, aim, and gamesense aren't the only skills for fps games. Choosing the best gun and attachments for one's role is a skill, too.

Date of registration
: Aug 28th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, June 30th 2018, 2:46pm

A .4 degree difference? That might be a lot on a gun that shoots one bullet per click, but on a shotgun that doesn't seem like much, especially considering buck always does more damage (ignoring accuracy) even with defensive perk. Is there any way for me to calculate the max 1 or 2 hit kill distance with either ammo type?

I read that it's high enough that flechette actually has a longer OHK distance than buckshot, but I can't find that post anymore.

These threads might help you.

Quoted from "CitytheSurvivor"

Yes, see the Spread column here.
Why I don't use lasers:

Quoted

The Green Laser Sight you should almost always turn off as it gives away your vacation.

Quotes Corner

Double Ass-Ault Tank Lunch - YouTube

Most fun ever in this game mode.

BF4: Competitive Tank Launching

Rated on explosives used, launch, flight trajectory, style/tricks, and landing.

Shitgun: Whoops did I spell that wrong? Nah, I don't believe so.

Anyone got any ideas about what the UGL Rail on the L86 is for? (13/04 Patch notes.)

XM25 can't mount, can it? Looking forward to my Underslung Ammo box!

Is there any way for anyone that doesn't have mod powers to know what the IE on 360 thread is? I feel so left out...

Nope. Deleted so only mods can see the contents. It has some... interesting stuff there... *squints @Riesig <.< *

*Nick 30075's Application for Moderatorship follows:*

HURR DURR I IS GOOD MOD GIB IE ON 360

My application would be better.
"Totally not Tapatalk only. Pls gib pwor"

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, June 30th 2018, 6:29pm

Quoted from "CitytheSurvivor"

Yes, see the Spread column here.

Well ackschually...

Weapon spread can differ between shotguns and setups, but pellet spread/dispersion has been unified across all shotguns, and is now only dependent on ammunition type and choke selection.

Important distinction, thought it best to be crystal clear.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?